• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

27 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Easter effect...

I dunno, the Easter effect on single sales has always been negligible. I guess it's a combination of factors.

3 minutes ago, Kworb said:

I dunno, the Easter effect on single sales has always been negligible. I guess it's a combination of factors.

Maybe the combination of Easter effect + Coachella. I also thought those increases were pretty weird.

55 minutes ago, collin said:

What a weirdly WRONG way to interpret hip hop and Kendrick Lamar... :deadbanana2: 

Comparing him to Migos and Desiigner... :rip: When you're 100% talking out of your ass.

um i think you quoted the wrong person. I did not interpret/compare Kendrick to Migos and Desiigner:flower:

Edited by Quaithe

2 hours ago, Vin said:

As I've always said, longevity is key, and Kendrick Lamar has no longevity in terms of Billboard. 

Kendrick Lamar is currently a fad rapper peaking. This is no different than a "Panda" or a "Bad and Boujee."

But, congrats...? No$tradamus only speaks truths.

...Vin

3 #1 ablums in 6 years, and 3 platinum ablums with the main studio ablums increasing every year and now a #1 and a top 10. Your comparisons with Panda and B&B are ridiculous considering one was a debut single and the other sold far less first week than Kendrick has on any of his ablums. You and your  predictions have been off this far.

3 weeks and Humble hasnt dropped the top 10 and instead went #1 and just had another top 10 hit added. Just take the L Vin. Cuz you'll save yourself the embrassment in a few months when this ablum is still charting in or near the top 10.

Edited by JBJT2786

Tumble sucks and is local while SOY remains unbothered as the biggest global smash of 2017 :fan:

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

And that's the basic problem.

people unwilling to go outside their "zone". It's not rap, it's garbage. It's not pop it's garbage. It's pop it's garbage. It's rap it's garbage. Etc.

thst is why my argument remains consumption is not popularity. Popularity should reflect in any week your overall market penetration. How many people did your song reach across how many different demographics.

if you demo inset one demographic  but get no support from other demographics, then you aren't popular in the GP.

and that's what the charts should be representing wi the broad based hot 100.

so the hot 100 should be full of crossover hits. problem solved

7 minutes ago, Taemira said:

Tumble sucks and is local while SOY remains unbothered as the biggest global smash of 2017 :fan:

u do know this is a local chart

15 minutes ago, Taemira said:

It's already top 10 in the US, UK, Australia and Canada and still growing.

The problem right now is that we are at a turning point in music consumption, streaming is obviously the biggest way people will consume music in the future (some may say it's already the biggest) but right now it favors certain genres, mostly those listened to by younger generations. You can't say that an artist is flopping or irrelevant because they aren't being streamed, because they don't have an audience who's streaming. And you can't say an artist is irrelevant or not getting real hits because they are only big on streaming. I think the best thing to do is slowly make streaming stronger over the next couple years as more genres embrace it, we can't let rock or christian music fall behind because streaming is huge in the mainstream but we also can't inhibit growth in the mainstream because rock and christian music isn't being streamed. Eventually streaming will become the main way all music is consumed, just like what happened with digital sales, but we can't hesitate or rush into it.

@simmnfierzig waiting for them early predictions right here real patient. All day all night I'll be waiting standby. 

Does It Ain't Me have a chance to finally go Top 10 ? ?

This is all really so wonderful. :clap3: 

Engaging in anyone arguing streaming is bad or that rap/hip-hop is inhibiting their faves is redundant at this point. Let's just focus on reality.

I feel sorry for the pop girls . The charts used to be so good when iTunes was the key 

1 minute ago, PettyExcellence said:

I feel sorry for the pop girls . The charts used to be so good when iTunes was the key 

They haven't been exactly excelling on iTunes either. Without a discount at least.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

Humble going #1 and dethroning Ed.

Rihanna snatching her 42nd top 20 hit.

:jonny:

26 minutes ago, Fizzy said:

@simmnfierzig waiting for them early predictions right here real patient. All day all night I'll be waiting standby. 

Does It Ain't Me have a chance to finally go Top 10 ? ?

Might be tough with "Humble", "Shape Of You", "That's What I Like", "Mask Off", "iSpy", "Something Just Like This", "XO TOUR Llif3", "DNA", "Despacito" and "Body Like a Back Road" all being stronger.

She could beat BLABR, tho... Might be close. 

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

Nah metal artists aren't streamed.

Rappers Delight would hold the record for weeks at number one :)

80s metal acts have massive streams

When was the last time a girl was Numbers one? Not features.

edit: just checked. Hello and blank space . ?

Pop girls are really over.

Edited by Ferret

6 minutes ago, Ferret said:

When was the last time a girl was Numbers one? Not features.

Sia - Cheap Thrills in August of last Year

Just now, Ivan_brit said:

Sia - Cheap Thrills in August of last Year

I mean with no male/rappers features.

2 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Hello by adele

Just now, Ferret said:

Adele Hello back In January 2016 :rip: 

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

One thing thet irks me about streaming is the unfitness.

if I decide to buy a song and listen to it, I get one sale, in one week.  It doesn't matter how ms y times I listen  to add another sale, I need to buy it weekly.

yet streamers get to add points every week, over and over

Im into fairness. Equality.  This system is neither.

yes same can be said for AirPlay,

Exactly it can be the same fans streaming over & over. Whereas sales are all new fans buying so it gives a more true account of widespread popularity. It will never be as honest as pure sales. Plus in this transitional period its an etremely unlevel playing field. A relative few artists have a big head start while the vast majority are playing catch up. Or waiting for their demograph of fans to fully switch over to streaming. Which can take many years like it did with digital music.

Drake now has longevity in the charts  thanks to his same fans streaming week after week. We all know his sales use to drop drastically before streaming dominated.

Edited by Rentboy

This is the 10 biggest solo female songs of 2016 (going by the year-end chart):

1. Adele - Hello

2. Rihanna - Needed Me

3. Adele - Send My Love

4. Pink - Just Like Fire

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

6. Alessia Cara - Here

7. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love

8. Meghan Trainor - NO

9. Ariana Grande - Into You

10. Kiiara - Gold

can't believe some of you are so pressed bc you don't like this week's #1

like seriously grow up, it's a list. build your own playlist with the stuff you like and move on.