Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

12 minutes ago, getBusy said:

can't believe some of you are so pressed bc you don't like this week's #1

like seriously grow up, it's a list. build your own playlist with the stuff you like and move on.

Edited by Beach-NAVY

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

8 hours ago, NE. said:

The Hot 100 isn't a joke because nobody wants to stream your faves' corny ass flop single. :sorry: 

tenor.gif 

Y'all I ain't a fan of SOY but it isn't straight up trash like yall have been saying. Better it than most early 2010s #1s tbh

1 minute ago, Auris said:

Y'all I ain't a fan of SOY but it isn't straight up trash like yall have been saying. Better it than most early 2010s #1s tbh

I agree. But he shouldn't have copied Sia like that 

1 minute ago, Monster Megamind said:

I agree. But he shouldn't have copied Sia like that 

Tbh the beat was probably made months before CT hit #1

Just now, Auris said:

Tbh the beat was probably made months before CT hit #1

I seriously doubt. Because Sia came in Feb 2016 with that song. He could have changed it if he wanted 

11 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Well not really.

it had an edge in sales.  It had a big lead in streams, it's not like Ed had no streams. Eds streams are still near the top.

but it was way behind in AirPlay, way behind.

all you need to do to chart high is get streams. Your AirPlay doesn't matter, and sales barely.

It boils down to about 30 million streams is better than 160m AirPlay.  Which is ridiculous.

definitely not balanced.

exactly my point. 30m streams should be worth more than 160m Radio. Because 30m streams was something that couldn't even be accomplished two years ago, while 160m was no major news 2 years ago. 30m streams is a lot, we just don't see it like that because many songs are getting 40-50M streams now.

Omg I can't believe Humble is #1, Kendrick did that!! Amazing ****ing song :clap3:

I hope Bruno can still hit #1 tho..

Where is The Cure?

On 23/04/2017 at 10:43 AM, Mr Boots said:

i agree though but loyalty is more radio friendly

On 23/04/2017 at 10:41 AM, MAGIA said:

DNA > Loyalty. 

37 minutes ago, Nikolai. said:

Where is The Cure?

That's the key isnt it:dies:

YES KING! Get that solo #1 hit. Not every rapper has that. :clap3:

Kanye West - Stronger/Graduation (2007)

Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE./DAMN. (2017)

Almost 10 Years since my fave accomplished this feat

:jonny: 

Edited by mowino

5 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Might be tough with "Humble", "Shape Of You", "That's What I Like", "Mask Off", "iSpy", "Something Just Like This", "XO TOUR Llif3", "DNA", "Despacito" and "Body Like a Back Road" all being stronger.

She could beat BLABR, tho... Might be close. 

Okay thank you :)

5 hours ago, Tsuko said:

This is the 10 biggest solo female songs of 2016 (going by the year-end chart):

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

9. Ariana Grande - Into You

Amazing :clap3:

has simn already came through with the predictions? I need to see TWIL chances for #1 :'(

I lowkey love when a new album comes out and every song charts because the following week feels like a reset and cleans the chart. 

The billboard hot 100 measures popularity and streaming is probably more accurate than sales or radio because its doing just that, measuring popularity. If a song is streamed 200 million times then the charts should reflect that.

I dont really care for hip-hop but denying its popularity is just plain ignorant. My whole family listens to hip-hop, my nephews and niece included.

Anyway im going to have agree with vin and say i dont see kendrick having much longevity but i do lowkey hope his collaboration with rihanna becomes a smash. Its actually a good song.

Oh yea, i hate the top 10 too but i cant deny its probably more accurate than when the pop girls were dominating. Cant wait for the return of the pop girls. Now we really have a pop emergency! Im going to need rihanna, katy and gaga to come through with new albums and save us from this mediocrity on the charts!

28 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

has simn already came through with the predictions? I need to see TWIL chances for #1 :'(

Working on them

Post Malone - Congratulation #15

a discount still didnt get this song in the top 10

French Montana f/ Swae Lee - Unforgettable #59

:duca:

Edited by FutureHive

19 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Working on them

thanks! 

12 hours ago, NE. said:

The Hot 100 isn't a joke because nobody wants to stream your faves' corny ass flop single. :sorry: 

Zero lies. 

Popular songs are the songs that people actually use... Radio airplay is a measure of what radio chooses to play.

Edited by Adonis

7 hours ago, Tsuko said:

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

9. Ariana Grande - Into You

Queen :clap3::heart2:

52 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

It is kind of irrelevant how a song is heard. It is - is the song heard or not.  It doesn't have to be choice. You heard it.

i could tape up and force a million people to listen to a song, they've heard it, it's consumption.

while we can argue why s song gets played on radio, you can't really argue the stats and facts that it gets heard by far more people than a streaming song does.

The problem with radio is makes a lot of assumptions which are really just guesses about audience and what not. Streaming can be verified against a users account, the exact time it was heard and how much of the song a person actually listened to etc. That type of information and verification is not available with radio.

Now add in the fact that radio doesnt allow for the user to have a direct say in the matter. It tries to pick the safest records to play vs the most popular because the goal for radio is not play whats popular but to generate ad revenue for itself.

The crux of the issue with radio is the user is choosing what to listen to on their own vs what radio is forcing on people. 

Even the way radio measures call outs and requests is flawed. They do stuff like surveys etc which is so flawwed as people lie all the time on. Then you add in the fact that radio is segmented based on the genre and the fact that radio lags actual popularity. Whereas streaming and sales are instant. One can see radio is the weak link in measuring popularity.

Edited by Adonis

QueenofCopyPaste

Predictions for #1 in PulseMusicBoard (chart predictors) so far:

11  - That's What I Like

1 - Shape of You

0 - HUMBLE.

:jonny: Come through Bruno

16 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

You make a fatal,flaw.  You assume because a song is streamed it is actually heard.

this is especially not true with memes when most people kill the volume and watch the video, think mannequin challenge, everyone I know can tell you exactly how their favourite actor, singer,etc posed, almost no one can identify the sing when played to them,

plus there's the whole forced playlist to get to the song you requested issue,  meanwhile they wander away from the of outer waiting and don't hear the songs.

it might not quite as flawed as radio, but it's certainly very flawed.

You could say the same for radio airplay. With streams the likely hood of a song being played directly by the user is verified by Soundscan. Soundscan can track what user played what song at what time and how much of the song they listened to. There is no way to verify that X user listened to X radio station at X time for X minutes and X songs were played during that time.

Edited by Adonis

CupcakKe—
7 hours ago, Tsuko said:

1. Adele - Hello

3. Adele - Send My Love

8. Meghan Trainor - NO

Queens :heart2: