Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Art

• genio

• Lalisa

Top Posters In This Topic

Bots are a powerful tool. 

Just now, Sombre said:

Isn't it 85%?

Can you post the math? That sounds waaay more reasonable but the method I was doing ended up with 576%. :skull: Either way, an incredible lead. :clap3:

Tbh with how little copies are currently sold on iTunes, this is not that impressive anymore. Leads for new singles will always be astronomically high the first week. Also I think the combined lead with this data is actually 675% :skull:

Edited by Arthoe

3 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Can you post the math? That sounds waaay more reasonable but the method I was doing ended up with 576%. :skull: Either way, an incredible lead. :clap3:

I haven't touched math in years (especially statistics lmao), but if you take, for example, that the #1 song is doing 1 sale, then #2 is doing 0.66 sales at the same time, while #3 is doing 0.52 sales, #4 is doing 0.44 sales, and WAP's doing 0.39 sales. Dynamite, totaled up, is around 2.62 sales when WAP is at 0.39 sales. 0.39 is 15% of 2.62 sales so Dynamite is selling 85% more than WAP at the same time. I think I'm wrong cause i never took statistics. :skull:

Edited by Sombre

You can't have a lead over 100% unless the next song is selling negative copies

LZDv80B.gif

3 minutes ago, Sombre said:

I haven't touched math in years (especially statistics lmao), but if you take, for example, that the #1 song is doing 1 sale, then #2 is doing 0.66 sales at the same time, while #3 is doing 0.52 sales, #4 is doing 0.44 sales, and WAP's doing 0.39 sales. Dynamite, totaled up, is around 2.62 sales when WAP is at 0.39 sales. 0.39 is 15% of 2.62 sales so Dynamite is selling 85% more than WAP at the same time. 

Exactly I'm horrible at statistics. :dies: That makes a lot more sense, will update the OP thank you. :heart2:

2 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

You can't have a lead over 100% unless the next song is selling negative copies

LZDv80B.gif

Wait I- :skull:

Can you verify what miss Sombre said? I know you're good with math.

TuAHE66.gif

2 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Exactly I'm horrible at statistics. :dies: That makes a lot more sense, will update the OP thank you. :heart2:

Wait I- :skull:

Can you verify what miss Sombre said? I know you're good with math.

TuAHE66.gif

He's right, but I think what you meant is that it's selling 576% more. In that case the logic works. (It has a 85% lead but it's not selling 85% more, if that makes sense)

LZDv80B.gif

14 minutes ago, Prism said:

Bots are a powerful tool. 

10 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Of course people who fancy bots are here as usual

2 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

He's right, but I think what you meant is that it's selling 576% more. In that case the logic works. (It has a 85% lead but it's not selling 85% more, if that makes sense)

LZDv80B.gif

That makes perfect sense, thank you for explaining! OP updated. :heart:

Also OP, the kworb number is more accurate, you should calcuate them for a better overview of the gap

I wonder if they will prevail or if this will be a ME! vs OTR situation all over again. A kii either way but I want the girls to win :-*

Edited by Lindt

14 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Tbh with how little copies are currently sold on iTunes, this is not that impressive anymore. Leads for new singles will always be astronomically high the first week. Also I think the combined lead with this data is actually 675% :skull:

In this case the lead is only high because they released 4 versions debut week all discounted to $0.69 immediately upon release. Literally shameless :toofunny3:

How many #1’s will be bought on the Hot 100 this year? This might be the 3rd? 4th? :toofunny2:

4 minutes ago, Genio said:

Also OP, the kworb number is more accurate, you should calcuate them for a better overview of the gap

I would have used Kworb but it hasn't updated in 5.3 hours. :chick3:

This is actually disgusting. Billboard needs to get on their ass QUICKLY because this will undermine if the Hot 100 actually measures if a song is a legitimate hit.

Just now, cartierdelrey said:

This is actually disgusting. Billboard needs to get on their ass QUICKLY because this will undermine if the Hot 100 actually measures if a song is a legitimate hit.

Agreed. I'm all for artists wanting #1s but when it's desperate like this with a song that isn't going to have any impact... it just becomes a chart position and not a hit that anyone is going to remember in 10 months time let alone 10 years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.