The Biggest ‘MPG’ Pure Album Sellers In U.K/Europe | 2000+.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Nelly Furtado: 6,850,000 albums sold

2000 - 1,250,000 - Whoa Nelly

2003 - 925,000 - Folklore

2006 - 3,810,000 - Loose

2009 - 350,000 - Mi Plan

2010 - 300,000 - The Best Of

2012 - 195,000 - The Spirit Indestructible

2017 - 20,000 - The Ride

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• peterstyles13

• mcohen

• WildHeart

16 hours ago, alestevens said:

Im pretty sure "nothing to show" is an overstatement, seeing as she has more #1 albums accross Europe than all of her peers but Gaga and Adele, while having more in North America and Oceania, being the biggest western female in Asia, and successfully booking multiple stadium dates in Latin America despite no one caring or something. Her so called global peers are often relegated to Europe and actually have nothing to show elsewhere, other than a, i must admit, impressive amount of quick lil singles that somehow still translate to struggling tours, if their latest attempts are an indication.

Does ''quick lil singles'' refer to the artist with 360 weeks inside the top 10 of H100,spawning 31 top 10's? Whereas other artists have about 28 top 10s and only about less than 10 are real hits.Do you really wanna take that route referring to the biggest hitmaker of the millenium?Watch your tone sweetie

1 hour ago, stevyy said:

Where is Nelly Furtado?

Where is Anastacia?

Furtado has sold over 5 million albums in EU as well.

Anastacia is close to 10 million.

I couldn’t find any numbers for Nelly Furtado or Anastasia Sis?

Either way... Do you have Nelly F and Anastacia’s stats, and even Enya’s? 

21 hours ago, mcohen said:

Taylor a saint, leaving the European scraps for your faves (sans Adele, of course) to fight over :clap3:

And congratulations to Taylor indeed! Selling 4.7x more pure than Ariana Grande despite both joining the pop scene around the same time  :clap3:

Taylor debuted a full 7 years before Ariana and had an entire fanbase buying her records before she "joined the pop scene". That's like saying Gwen Stefani and Rihanna both "joined the pop scene" in 2005 and comparing the sales/profile of Love. Angel. Music. Baby. and Music of the Sun - lol.

Also - since she debuted in the streaming era Ari's focus has always been on streaming whereas Taylor has always pushed very hard for and therefore performed very well in traditional sales (hence 8 versions of folklore, 4 versions of lover, etc.) She is the first major pop star to emerge in the streaming era.

Why Swifties got defensive in everything? :skull: Does Taylor have to be the #1 in everything?

5 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I couldn’t find any numbers for Nelly Furtado or Anastasia Sis?

Either way... Do you have Nelly F and Anastacia’s stats, and even Enya’s? 

were the specific stats I posted for Enya not good enough? :cm: and Anastacia's is an estimate, but it's a conservative estimate and relatively specific (4 mil first album, 4 mil second, 3 mil third)

peterstyles13
1 hour ago, Sept said:

Why Swifties got defensive in everything? :skull: Does Taylor have to be the #1 in everything?

This thread was literally made to shade her :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Because OTHs get highly emotional whenever Taylor releases and they start venting in all threads where Taylor is involved in the slightest :gaycat3:

OT - 1989 :fan:

Edited by mcohen

2 hours ago, Sept said:

There’s a difference between someone saying Taylor isn’t #1 and saying that Taylor isn’t even on the map, the later of which is plainly not true, but some keep pushing that outlook.

Edited by Headlock

15 hours ago, ariananext said:

Shakira is a huge celebrity here, a sex symbol and everybody knows her. Of course Britney is known by everybody too but she's kinda a has been compared to Shakira (no shade). Pink is big musically but I don't think people care about her that much. I think the celebrity factor is much more weighted in european gp, we don't see american pop stars on TV as much as americans do, so most of the gp (i'm talking especially about adults) only know those who had huge hits, scandals, some breaking news about them, movies..

I am from Europe too so I know :alexz3:

but Shakira and P!nk aren't huge, ofc they aren't small either

however I would argue that P!nk is even bigger than Shakira (except celebrity ofc)

I feel like the later is really overrated in Europe

also don't think celebrity culture is big here at all :skull:

3 hours ago, Sept said:

Actually tea :rip: it's just a list with Pure album sellers in the EU

this thread really turned into a battlefield :dies:

Im actually shocked Britney is that high

She's a really consistent seller in the UK but doesn't have a huge album per say - BOMT is 4x platinum at 1.2M, but she also has 2 other 1M+ selling albums: OIDA & Greatest Hits 

I always found it interesting that "In the Zone" wasn't a big album seller in the UK despite having 2 #1s; it only peaked at #13 and sold ~500k. I thought it would have similar success to Xtina's "Stripped" in the UK tbh

It's also interesting that Pink's biggest "flop" "Try This" sold the same amount as Britney's "In the Zone" in Europe

"Try This" was only a flop in the USA, it actually became her first #1 album in many European countries and sold alright 

It's also interesting that Pink's biggest "flop" "Try This" sold the same amount as Britney's "In the Zone" in Europe (both were released in November 2003)

"Try This" was only a flop in the USA, it actually became her first #1 album in many European countries and sold alright 

2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

This thread was literally made to shade her :deadbanana4:

?? It's literally just about the biggest pure album sellers in Europe, why are you so pressed?

4 hours ago, Sept said:

This tea

On 8/7/2020 at 2:22 AM, naval23 said:

?? It's literally just about the biggest pure album sellers in Europe, why are you so pressed?

Her U.K./EU stats are... well...

So that’s why.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:21 AM, naval23 said:

It's also interesting that Pink's biggest "flop" "Try This" sold the same amount as Britney's "In the Zone" in Europe (both were released in November 2003)

This!

Ironically, “GGGB” sold 4M+ across Europe and Spears’ “BOMT” and “Oops...” are both only a few hundred-thousand higher.

Also, “GGGB” and “LOUD” sold more than any Spears album in the U.K overall. 

Obviously she’s sold much, much more WW (albums wise) but it still makes you think considering Spears debuted at the peak of millennial album sales. 

Either way... Queens of EU! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.