The Biggest ‘MPG’ Pure Album Sellers In U.K/Europe | 2000+.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

12 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

We know that Swift’s music and aesthetic is popular in China hence the commercial/cultural popularity.

It’s ironic that when we point out how weak/poor her sales across Europe are, it suddenly becomes a big issue. 

Do you see the hypocrisy here?(don't take it personal, ı am talking generally) 

When it comes to Rihanna, it is so urban for China so it is not fair to compare her  to Taylor in China.

But despite Taylor being country artist for a LONG TIME(dead genre in Europe), it is totally fair to compare her to other girls, even when their peaks being in different sales climates. :rip:

3 hours ago, mcohen said:

MPG Album Sales in Europe (Post-2012)

1. 25 - 7.8m :skull:

2. The Truth About Love - 2m 

3. 1989 - 1.73m 

4. Unapologetic - 1.65m 

5. ASIB - 1.2m 

6. Prism - 1m 

7.Red - 940k 

8. Beyonce - 900k

9. Artpop - 600k

10. Lemonade - 580k

11. reputation - 440k

12. My Everything - 350k

13. Joanne - 310km

14. Sweetener - 220k

15. Dangerous Woman - 210k 

16. Lover - 140k 

17. Thank U, Next - 130k

18. Witness - 130k

19. Yours Truly - 100k

From Chartmaster :cm:

Interesting stats :eek:

Then looks like Taylor's stats are totally ok for an artist got popular close to streaming era in Europe. Maybe we should compare their streaming numbers as well to see bigger picture, from what ı know, Taylor has about 4.5 BILLION in Youtube alone. 

Otherwise, this is like comparing Dua's pure sales to Gaga's ones or something. 

Also ı don't see people drag Ariana's pure sale numbers in Europe when both Taylor and Ariana got popular in Europe in same time period. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• peterstyles13

• mcohen

• WildHeart

3 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Taylor does not need Europe to be the current biggest pop girl on the planet.

The “Biggest Pop Girl on the Planet” with sales and stats. on an ENTIRE continent (+ U.K) that are below that of Kelly Clarkson and even Katy Perry?

Congratulations on that! 

European Elixr. :clap3:

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The “Biggest Pop Girl on the Planet” with sales and stats. on an ENTIRE continent (+ U.K) that are below that of Kelly Clarkson and even Katy Perry?

Congratulations on that! 

European Elixr. :clap3:

And y’all global faves are not a thing here in Asian but that didn’t stop you from calling your faves global and Taylor local.

peterstyles13
1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes. Can you imagine that? Not everyone is chained to Europe  :eek:

817Z8qQ.jpg

9 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

3) Pink:

15,000,000+

5 hours ago, Underdogs said:

P!nk has sold ~18,000,000 but good list :clap3:

5 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

OT: Rihanna is actually at 14M+ in EU, and Pink is at 17M+. Let me update the OP. :party:

tenor.gif?itemid=8343646 

1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

Yes. Can you imagine that? Not everyone is chained to Europe  :eek:

817Z8qQ.jpg

You’re absolutely right, Aunty!

Some artists (who are referred to by their fanbase as the biggest artist on the planet) dominate China and the U.S (the latter of where over half of their total sales stem from) but have nothing to show for it on continents ala. Europe, South-America and even Africa.

IFPI Elixr. :jonny6:

817Z8qQ.jpg

Yes Taylor is an IFPI Elixir despite being only a modest seller in Europe. Now are y’all gonna address the fact that y’all global faves are nobodies in Asia or does Asia not matter because ReVeNue!1!! Not surprised but disappointed at the racism and xenophobia ATRL is exhibiting.

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

817Z8qQ.jpg

Yes, IFPI elixir! Not everyone can top the ONLY music organization in the world to have access to stats from every music market globally :jonny5: I know ATRL user GoodGuyGoneGhetto wouldn't dare pretend to know more about global artists than them, right?

817Z8qQ.jpg

peterstyles13
4 minutes ago, TaylorFantasy said:

Yes Taylor is an IFPI Elixir despite being only a modest seller in Europe. Now are y’all gonna address the fact that y’all global faves are nobodies in Asia or does Asia not matter because ReVeNue!1!! Not surprised but disappointed at the racism and xenophobia ATRL is exhibiting.

They only care about revenue when it's convenient for them. If they were actually mentally consistent, they wouldn't try to diss Asia by using that argument but then proceed to explain how Taylor "only has the US and China" while supposedly being a flop in South America and Africa as if the US' music industry alone doesn't bring in more revenue than those 2 continents combined, right? :nicole2:

Edited by peterstyles13

18 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes. "Biggest Pop Girl on the Planet", not "Biggest Pop Girl in Europe" :rip:

Biggest (Adj) - "of considerable size, or intensity"

Planet (N) - "the earth" (Earth (N) "the planet on which we live; the world")

Total Pure Sales in Planet Earth:

Katy Perry - 15.2m 

Kelly Clarkson -  21.6m 

Total: 36.8m

Not even 75% of Taylor's total sales in Planet Earth. So not sure what kind of comparison you are making :foxaylove2:

OT - Taylor :clap3:

Edited by mcohen

4 hours ago, mcohen said:

Yes and Taylor did country before 1989 but none of you seem to care about that when dragging her European sales :rip:

I'm pretty sure I saw multiple people on this thread differentiating Taylor Swift country eras & her pop Eras (1989, Reputation & Lovers) and even debating if Red was promoted as pop or country.

I know I was not dragging her cause as Mimi & a Riri fan, I totally understand how Europeans can be so closed to certain musical style. I.e Country, r&b and hip hop.

Edited by frenchyisback

8 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

You’re absolutely right, Aunty!

Some artists (who are referred to by their fanbase as the biggest artist on the planet) dominate China and the U.S (the latter of where over half of their total sales stem from) but have nothing to show for it on continents ala. Europe, South-America and even Africa.

Im pretty sure "nothing to show" is an overstatement, seeing as she has more #1 albums accross Europe than all of her peers but Gaga and Adele, while having more in North America and Oceania, being the biggest western female in Asia, and successfully booking multiple stadium dates in Latin America despite no one caring or something. Her so called global peers are often relegated to Europe and actually have nothing to show elsewhere, other than a, i must admit, impressive amount of quick lil singles that somehow still translate to struggling tours, if their latest attempts are an indication.

4 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

They only care about revenue when it's convenient for them. If they were actually mentally consistent, they wouldn't try to diss Asia by using that argument but then proceed to explain how Taylor "only has the US and China" while supposedly being a flop in South America and Africa as if the US' music industry alone doesn't bring in more revenue than those 2 continents combined, right? :nicole2:

!! The inconsistency has left me really confused.

As shown in the OP Taylor's pure sales are doing okay in Europe. Okay but her US revenue alone is enough to blow the other girls out of the water but now she's "local!1!" When her unparalleled Asian appeal (especially for a Western act) gets brought up suddenly they become concerned about revenues. Weird.

peterstyles13
8 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Im pretty sure "nothing to show" is an overstatement, seeing as she has more #1 albums accross Europe than all of her peers but Gaga and Adele, while having more in North America and Oceania, being the biggest western female in Asia, and successfully booking multiple stadium dates in Latin America despite no one caring or something. Her so called global peers are often relegated to Europe and actually have nothing to show elsewhere, other than a, i must admit, impressive amount of quick lil singles that somehow still translate to struggling tours, if their latest attempts are an indication.

:cm:

26 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Yeah let's just ignore her entire career where Rihanna has the biggest international female album of the last decade in the UK. Both GGGB and LOUD outsold some of the biggest and culturally significant albums ever there.

"latest attempts" yeah let's say that ANTI was really catered to European audience :rip: and let's also diminish "quick lil singles" which in rihanna's case are everything but quick lil singles

4 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

They only care about revenue when it's convenient for them.

Buddy, I'm pretty sure it's the Republic who cares the most about the revenue, not the number of copies but the cash flow from their $200M investment. Or the labels don't care about money, maybe they're in it just for the art. :ryan2:

Some of Shania Twain (one of the best-selling female artists in country) sales in Europe based on certifications

Up!

Austria (IFPI Austria)      Platinum             30,000*

Belgium (BEA)[ Gold       25,000*

Denmark (IFPI Denmark)[            Platinum             50,000^

France (SNEP)   Platinum              418,900 [87]*

Germany (BVMI)             2× Platinum       600,000^

Netherlands (NVPI)        Gold      40,000^

Norway (IFPI Norway)   3× Platinum       120,000*

Poland (ZPAV) Gold       35,000*

Portugal (AFP) Platinum              40,000^

Spain (PROMUSICAE)     Gold      50,000^

Sweden (GLF)   Platinum              60,000^

Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)   3× Platinum       120,000^

United Kingdom (BPI)[99]            2× Platinum       775,689

Europe (IFPI)     2× Platinum        2,000,000*

Come On Over

Austria (IFPI Austria)      Gold      25,000*

Belgium (BEA)   2× Platinum        100,000*

Denmark (IFPI Denmark)              7× Platinum       140,000double-dagger

Finland (Musiikkituottajat)          Gold      38,958[112]

France (SNEP)   Platinum              300,000*

Germany (BVMI)             3× Gold                750,000^

Netherlands (NVPI)        5× Platinum       500,000^

Norway (IFPI Norway)   6× Platinum       300,000*

Spain (PROMUSICAE)     Platinum             100,000^

Sweden (GLF)   3× Platinum        240,000^

Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)    3× Platinum       150,000^

United Kingdom (BPI)    11× Platinum     3,430,000[124]

Europe (IFPI)     7× Platinum        7,000,000*

The #1 and #2 do not surprise me but I did not expect P!nk to round up the top three :clap3:

17 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Also surprised Shakira is as low (even before Rih) when ATRLers make her out to be bigger than P!nk and Britney in Europe :ohwow:

Shakira is a huge celebrity here, a sex symbol and everybody knows her. Of course Britney is known by everybody too but she's kinda a has been compared to Shakira (no shade). Pink is big musically but I don't think people care about her that much. I think the celebrity factor is much more weighted in european gp, we don't see american pop stars on TV as much as americans do, so most of the gp (i'm talking especially about adults) only know those who had huge hits, scandals, some breaking news about them, movies..

9 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Also ı don't see people drag Ariana's pure sale numbers in Europe when both Taylor and Ariana got popular in Europe in same time period. 

of course you couldn't reply to Taylor shade without bringing in Ariana's name, only the biggest pop star of the moment :clap3:

3 hours ago, ariananext said:

of course you couldn't reply to Taylor shade without bringing in Ariana's name, only the biggest pop star of the moment :clap3:

Ariana is in the OP and she was closest example ı could give. 

Wasn't ı on your ignore list tho :coffee2:

8 hours ago, Agenor said:

Buddy, I'm pretty sure it's the Republic who cares the most about the revenue, not the number of copies but the cash flow from their $200M investment. Or the labels don't care about money, maybe they're in it just for the art. :ryan2:

No shade, could you not say the same for Columbia with Adele, as she hasn’t given them any album or song since signing her contract over four years ago?

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

No shade, could you not say the same for Columbia with Adele, as she hasn’t given them any album or song since signing her contract over four years ago?

I could, and according to some reports they are very nervous and want the same album over and over again, but we'll talk about Adele when she finally releases (in 2-3 years).

But on the other hand nobody knows anything about Adele's contract, no documents have leaked, and in the end she might've continued with XL Records and Sony is only distributing the album in the US. We'll have to wait and see.

Adele is on a league of her own in album sales. Everybody else is just second to her.

Where is Nelly Furtado?

Where is Anastacia?

Furtado has sold over 5 million albums in EU as well.

Anastacia is close to 10 million.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.