Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

2 hours ago, clue said:

1RywnoC.png

this HAS to be my favorite banner all season, the way the contestants put the official judge's banner to shame

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

WRxt6dP.png

Spoiler

Adele - Million Years Ago

Definitely one of my favourite songs on 25. Adele’s voice works SO well on stripped down guitar tracks. This song captures the feeling of melancholy and regret so effortlessly.

Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U

I remember stanning this girl when she was on American Idol nnn. The song is… alright I guess? It’s fun enough but kinda bland. I guess I enjoyed the listen, but it’s really not doing much for me.

Beach House - New Year

This has a nice, relaxing atmosphere to it. I can imagine this hitting me a lot harder if I were in the right mood, but for now it’s just a nice and interesting song, although I feel like it could have ended at around the 4 minute mark.

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains

The intro and the bass line definitely intrigued me at first, but I was over this pretty soon after the vocals kicked in. There’s elements of it that have the potential to be part of a better song, but overall this is just WAY too monotonous and repetitive for me.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night

Every night when I go to sleep, I dream that I’ll wake up to a world where people finally accept the fact that Carly is an average, mediocre pop artist who makes average, mediocre pop music. I guess that day hasn’t come yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

Honestly this is kinda a modern classic and deservedly so. A really beautiful melody with nice vocals and a great instrumental. Love it!

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time

Now speaking of classics! I haven’t listened to this in a very long time and I was worried I was gonna discover I’ve been remembering it in my head as being better than it actually is. But whew thankfully it really holds up.

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

If I had to make a list of my all-time favourite songs that I don’t listen to nearly as much as I should, this would probably be near the top. This song is just so… magical. Every single aspect of it is so, so good. Excellent choice.

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday

Hilary is kinda the queen of nostalgia huh. If I’m objectively evaluating this song, it’s honestly probably just alright, but I instinctively associate it with so much positivity and happiness that I can’t rank it low.

Lorde - Buzzcut Season

Uggghhh I really don’t know what to do here because on the one hand I absolutely LOVE this song and it’s easily one of my favourite Lorde songs, but on the other hand, I feel like I can’t ignore that the prompt very explicitly said “seasons don’t count” :deadbanana: I’ll be lenient because tbh a lot of these songs don’t really meet the theme super well, but this is definitely one of the more obvious offenders nnn

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)

One of the very few songs on Melodrama that I’ve never been big on. It’s always felt like a pretty forgettable interlude to me. The strings in the instrumental are beautiful, but beyond that, this kind of bores me.

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years

A nice song, albeit a pretty forgettable one. Like there’s a lot in it that I really like (the chorus in particular is great), but I also have absolutely no desire to replay the full song. It also feels much longer than it needs to be.

Paramore - Hard Times

I remember listening to this for the very first time and it doing nothing for me, and then listening to it again and it suddenly just CONNECTING. I really love this song now, it has so much personality and is overall just a really fun song that never fails to put me in a good mood.

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday

Ok between the Tame Impala song that was submitted in one of the early rounds of this season and this one, I need to check out more of his music. This one isn’t as memorable or good at that other one, but I still like this quite a bit. This is interesting and memorable but not in an obnoxious way.

Taylor Swift - Enchanted

It’s cute. I’ve never been able to get into Taylor’s older stuff because most of it just feels like very cheesy, borderline childish country music to me. This song falls into that category for me, but I guess it’s inoffensive and there’s a few moments of the instrumental that I like.

The Weeknd - Wasted Times

This is very dull and forgettable to me. Kind of feels like this would be the product of one of those “I had an AI listen to The Weeknd for 1000 hours and then had it make a The Weeknd song, here’s the result” experiments.

Every night when I go to sleep, I dream that I’ll wake up to a world where people finally accept the fact that Shelven is an average, mediocre ATRL judge who makes average, mediocre critiques. I guess that day hasn’t come yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Just now, ughgabriel said:

Every night when I go to sleep, I dream that I’ll wake up to a world where people finally accept the fact that Shelven is an average, mediocre ATRL judge who makes average, mediocre critiques. I guess that day hasn’t come yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Jokes on you, people ALREADY think that!

11 minutes ago, shelven said:

Every night when I go to sleep, I dream that I’ll wake up to a world where people finally accept the fact that Carly is an average, mediocre pop artist who makes average, mediocre pop music. I guess that day hasn’t come yet. Maybe tomorrow!

lemme hold on to this for my critique 

shelven

45 minutes ago, shelven said:

BEST judge

17 minutes ago, minho said:

BEST judge

@shelven Two Canadian flops hating on a successful fellow Canadian, the jealousy is EMANATING smh 

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

Spoiler

Adele - Million Years Ago

nice way to start the round! the melody feels very familiar but that's not a bad thing. i think this could have been a successful single honestly.

Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U

omg wow i'm so excited to see this!! this is a major nostalgic bop and i actually wanted to send it in ASC at one point. i wish that allison had more success after idol... she was so on trend for that time. shame rly.

Beach House - New Year

the instrumental was nice but it was really 5 minutes that just dragged on and on... expected more given beach house's reputation in games

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains

this was pretty monotonous throughout and didn't really have a pleasant vibe to latch onto... was hoping for a switch-up but it never came

i'm not a big carly fan, but i appreciate a fun pop song and this definitely fits the bill. the hook is really strong!

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

i can't believe this song peaked at #31 but was so huge in sales. very anthemic and cinematic. i do still enjoy it years later.

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time

obviously a classic but did we really need it here? i don't actively seek out this song especially w those vocals

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

miss welch said i'm making ART today

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday

such a nostalgic song. i love the chorus but tbh the verses fall a BIT flat upon revisiting it.

Lorde - Buzzcut Season

this has always been such a top tier gem in lorde's discography!! amazing atmosphere

and to everyone complaining that this is a "season"... per genius, this song is about a "war period" and not about one of the four seasons of the year

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)

okay this one was rly interesting... i honestly wasn't vibing that much during the first half, but then everything became so vivid in the second half that i really started to enjoy it!

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years

i don't think this is a bad song by any means. it's thoughtful but it just doesn't capture much intrigue along the way.

Paramore - Hard Times

ummm yes it does have catchy moments but tbh it's kind of annoying!! not a huge fan

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday

oh wow, thank you for introducing me to this! i really liked the melody and production.

Taylor Swift - Enchanted

yes, i recognize this is a solid song but i think it's incredibly overrated by the swifties. it is probably middle of the pack for me this round.

The Weeknd - Wasted Times

honestly that breakdown is a bit rough. i can't believe this song is only two years old because it feels much more dated than that. the vocals are cute but they aren't really saving things for me.

2 hours ago, shelven said:

YUPPPPP!! Love this judge

5 hours ago, Touch It said:

red is her best song along with all too well and august <3

I agree <3

1 hour ago, Rence said:

I agree <3

He got it right the first time, no need to edit <3

RDfTwGt.png

Adele - Million Years Ago - it was okay
Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U - honestly it's dated but idc cause it kinda bops huh..
Beach House - New Year - very nice! YUP x
Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains - very NOT nice!
Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night - no ma'am 
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years - eh it's whatever, a bit too inoffensive
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time - a CLASSIC :jonny5:
Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over - this does NOTHING for me
Hilary Duff - So Yesterday - pretty bad
Lorde - Buzzcut Season - it's okay, it's a tad bit overrated but it's a decent song
Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama) - very pretty
Maggie Rogers - Dog Years - even more forgettable than average for her :doc: 
Paramore - Hard Times - BIG BOP :jonny5:
Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday - YUPPP omg :jonny5:
Taylor Swift - Enchanted - nearly 6 minutes of this corny crap, NO thank you!
The Weeknd - Wasted Times - very nice, I agree that some parts of this (particularly the drop) aren't amazing, but this is still enjoyable to me :michael: 

2 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

@disruptive i would like to know did you allow that to come back? 

the contestants ranked me in the comeback round ma'am.. not him

wDRDMX7.gif

I will call out a terrible song when I see one, sorry not sorry!

wDRDMX7.gif

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I will call out a terrible song when I see one, sorry not sorry!

wDRDMX7.gif

And we love to see it! Serving taste this round

wDRDMX7.gif

8 hours ago, disruptive said:

this HAS to be my favorite banner all season, the way the contestants put the official judge's banner to shame

ty :shock:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.