Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

It looks like shelven got breastfed at the right age :heart2: 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

Spoiler

• 6LACK & Jessie Reyez - IMPORTED - this is terrible. jessie's voice sounds like a dying goat. 6lack sounds decent tho
  • Alina Baraz & Khalid - Off The Grid - i liked this enough. it has a nice atmosphere to it... i anticipate it will be in the middle of the pack
  • Allie X & VERITE - Casanova - ughhh yes, i've always loved this duet. both of their voices work so well together and the chorus is fab. great pick!
  • Beyonce & Drake - Mine - can we please ban songs longer than 5 minutes in these games? this definitely has some interesting moments, but at other points, it falls flat... so i'm torn.
  • Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar - i'm v impressed at how well this holds up years later! the production is so good.
  • Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life - a classic! is it a song that i'd listen to often? no, but it's anthemic for what it is
  • Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine - late 90s classics are usually a surefire success in this game... and this one is no exception!
  • Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion - WAP - oh wow you really went with the recent smash. i expect this to be highly ranked but i do wonder if WAP will be frontloaded in the long run. i like it but i'm not in love w it.
  • Ciara & Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic - aw i forgot about this song but i really enjoy it!! very fun and melodic
  • Future & Rihanna - Selfish - i hate using the word dated but this... sounds really dated. it just drags on and on
  • James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings - this was like... a cute moment at the time. the chorus is nice, but it just feels very rough around the edges and not in the best way.
  • Kiana Lede & Ari Lennox - Chocolate - i really liked this!! kiana is so good
  • Lady Gaga & Christina Aguilera - Do What U Want - this is such a great song and it's a shame that the original has been mired in controversy... honestly, christina's voice does NOT work for me in this duet... so i'm going to have to lower my rank a bit bc of that :( sry
  • Lana Del Rey & Sean Ono Lennon - Tomorrow Never Came - i actually enjoyed lana's part in this, but sean's ruined it for me
  • Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd - Lust For Life - excellent production, one of the more engaging songs in lana's discography
  • Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough - another classic... i don't know of anyone who DOESN'T like this song tbh
  • Matt Berninger & Phoebe Bridges - Walking on a String - not terrible but kind of a snooze honestly
  • Prince Royce & Zendaya - X - this is a cute little vibe
  • Solar & Kassy - A song from the past - felt very disney'd to me... not terrible but not great
  • Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You - this song is SUCH an exciting journey from start to finish. love it!! the energy whew

IMPORTED: her voice is so grating and the song overall is so boring NEXT :sorry:

Off The Grid: AHHH one of my faves on the album and her superior Khalid collab, this >>>> Floating and Electric, perry :jonny5:

Casanova: omg the way I forgot this existed, I was obsessed with this when Collxtion II came out, great song beautiful song :jamming:

Mine: this went literally nowhere and I cannot stand ****ed up Drake so this will be tanked by me love sorry :-* 

Beautiful Liar: the fact that this still sounds fresh... it’s the classique :clap3: 

(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life: I mean it’s obviously a classic but I don’t know how I will rank it against some other songs here, I like it though :emofish:

The Boy Is Mine: Beautiful Liar outclassique’d, it’s a great song but it aged a bit :dancehall: 

WAP: I kind of want to tank this cause I tried to send it and it was taken already :squint: but I won’t be doing that cause it slaps... I WANT @disruptive TO PARK THAT BIG MACK TRUCK RIGHT IN THIS LITTLE GARAGE :wap: 

Love Sex Magic: this kind of bops hawl awn :katie2:

Selfish: I don’t really like this, I am so sorry FFFFor your elimination :ahh: 

Broken Strings: what is dis hunny... I hate it sorry not sorry :biblio:

Chocolate: this is quite nice I guess, I’m not a big fan of the featured artist’s voice though, I guess it will be middle of the roadish for me :mandown:

Do What U Want: I guess we are all unfortunately very used to the original version which makes this sound kind of weird or unfinished to me kii but it’s a slay, one of the best songs on ARTPOP :gaygacat7:

Tomorrow Never Came: zzzzzzzz this song has always been a snooze and a skip :zzz:

Lust For Life: now here is the superior Lana song, one of her best :smitten:

Ain’t No Mountain High Enough: see (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life critique above, kind of same thing for this one :chick3:

Walking On a String: this was quite nice actually, I thought I was gonna be bored but I actually enjoyed it :alexz:

X: not bachata girl why would you send this.... I honestly enjoy it but I fear for your life :bibliahh:

A Song From the Past: well... it has that name for a reason apparently.... it’s so dated :rip:

Never Forget You: now HEREEEEEEEEEEEEE is the best song of the round absolute CLASSIC worldwide SMASH hit signature song acclaimed anthem and my #1 :duca:

41gB0QM.gif

6LACK & Jessie Reyez - IMPORTED

I… hate her voice? serving Camila levels of annoying

Alina Baraz & Khalid - Off The Grid

so smooth

Allie X & VERITE - Casanova

it’s cute, nothing super special

Beyonce & Drake - Mine

love this song x

Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar

love this song even more x

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life

I mean it’s a classic but it was never that good was it?

Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine

whew I’m so mad I didn’t get this!

Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion - WAP

no.

Ciara & Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic 

we hate JT but this is a cute throwback

Future & Rihanna - Selfish

F

James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings

no thanks this is lowish for me

Kiana Lede & Ari Lennox - Chocolate 

period

Lady Gaga & Christina Aguilera - Do What U Want

a masterpiece of a song but this doesn’t hit as hard as the solo version

Lana Del Rey & Sean Ono Lennon - Tomorrow Never Came

beautiful

Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd - Lust For Life

beautiful [2]

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

it’s a classic

Matt Berninger & Phoebe Bridgers - Walking on a String

I really liked this, but it has some stiff competition

Prince Royce & Zendaya - X

it’s cute

Solar & Kassy - A song from the past

I’m gonna assume this was going for a 90s AC vibe, which is alright, it’s nice

Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You

period

MC9MhG2.png

imported : have to agree with others, her voice is distracting.  however the song isn't necessarily bad either.

off the grid : a nice chill vibe.  i like the way they work together

casanova : sort of middle of the road for me

mine : suuuper good, one of my favourite tracks from that album maybe?

beautiful liar : this feels a bit like a relic, but its a nice throwback bop i guess

the time of my life : i'm not a fan of musical songs like this sorry

the boy is mine : literal classic, very likely my #1

wap : my first time hearing the whole thing :skull: anyway i like it

love sex magic : for whatever reason my ninth grade PE teacher loved to play this song whenever we had fitness tests so its coming out of a bad part of nostalgia for me, ngl!  that aside though its a decent song, ciara is just infinitely better than jt in all aspects though

selfish : i would've preferred loveeeeee song, but this is okay

broken strings : not my style... i feel like i'm being mean so far but nn

do what u want : i do like artpop but this song is actually one of the weaker ones for me

tomorrow never came : this is a bit boring

lust for life : this is a bit more of a bop, but its sort of middling too

aint no mountain high enough : nice

walking on a string : ooh interesting

x : middling, kind of forgettable

a song from the past : forgettable [2] sorry

never forget you : i find no joy in this :sad:

middling round i guess

alena's thots

f06d3433a391604a97ff9b9f90fbe0f18c11858d.jpgd4b93e4a3044701935af5bdb6b5aee325013bc14.jpg

hyuna's good girl out 8.26

omg her voice is so whiny and annoying.

very cute and chill.

pretty good.

Beyonce & Drake - Mine
Beautiful.

This one is iconic lbr.

Black eyed peas outsold :oh:

This is nice uwu

ICONIC.

YESSS, i've always liked this song.

Ooh, i haven't head this one before and i actually quite like it uwu.

Very fierce! Nnn but it's actually pretty enjoyable. Although i did enjoy it more before Nelly popped it ngl.

Cute, i like the first girls voice more tbh.

A bop!

Soooo beautiful ♥

Loveeee me some queen Lana uwu Iconic!

Well. This is not my favorite sorry.

Matt Berninger & Phoebe Bridges - Walking on a String
Not my favorite either, sowwyyy. It's okay.

Zendaya definitely the best part of the song. Didn't rly care for the prince.

very beautiful and relaxing. like a cute fairytale uwu.

Yass, v cute!

Spoiler

d05ecf67987e6093b6ebd028629c73591625f891d05ecf67987e6093b6ebd028629c73591625f891d05ecf67987e6093b6ebd028629c73591625f891

minho and Alena best contestants me thinks

Jessie Reyes, 6LACK - IMPORTED

Okay, I don’t think her voice is THAT bad, I think it’s her delivery that makes the song annoying and that’s why she sounds bad. I honestly think I’d really like this if this was entirely sung by 6LACK. Uhh, I was expecting worse based on the other critiques. Still not great.

Alina Baraz, Khalid - Off the Grid

This is really chill. I like it! I really like the instrumental and her voice in this song. Really really good. I don’t think Khalid adds a lot to the song if I’m honest. I like his voice and I think he could do better than what he did in this song.

Allie X, VERITE - Casanova

You know, this is actually a cute little bop. I think I could this playing at Urban Outfitters and i’d enjoy it. I don’t think it’s too memorable and it kind of reminds of a couple other songs. But that doesn’t take away the fact that I found it to be good and enjoyable.

Beyonce, Drake - Mine

This song was confusing to me. At times i really liked some things they were doing, but others it felt, to me, like the sections of the song felt disjointed. Maybe on first listen the song doesn’t work because it’s kind of long and has a complex structure, but yeah. I’m not sure if I liked it or not. I think Drake’s last verse was my favorite.

Beyonce, Shakira - Beautiful Liar

I remember I used to love this song and video as a kid. One day I went to Disney and there’s this Indiana Jones themed ride and I couldn’t stop thinking about recreating the video there f

Still love this tbh

Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes - (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life

I think I’m just too used to the BEP song that sampled this, cause now when i listen to this, it just sounds a little odd. I love the chorus cause I know it and I love the different energy that this song adds to it, but the verses aren’t really doing it for me. Love the bridge too.

Brandy, Monica - The Boy Is Mine

I know this is a classic but I agree that it has never been a wig snatching song to me. The instrumental is beautiful, like absolutely gorgeous.

Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion - WAP

I honestly really love how deep the bass is in this song. I don’t think it’s an amazing song but I really reaaaally enjoy it. I don’t know why but the use of that truck sound is kinda genius.

Ciara, Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic

This really nice, I actually like this kind of retrofuturistic sound that JT used to do in her old songs. This one is a really good collab and I love how their voices complement each other.

Future, Rihanna - Selfish

I remember hating this song when I first heard it but it doesn’t sound that bad anymore. I’ve never been a fan of Future but he doesn’t sound as dreadful as usual in this song. It’s cute! I’m sorry you used a vanished letter :(

James Morrison, Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings

This sounds like a B Movie song. Which I honestly like, and this one is actually done pretty well. James’ voice is actually really good, I enjoyed it.

I feel like Nelly’s voice doesn’t fit the song too well, it sounds way too nasal here, and while that may not be a bad thing, I just don’t appreciate it.

Kiana Lede, Ari Lennox - Chocolate

Wow I love the delivery of this song. It’s really chill but I just love all the different flows. The transitions are smooth and i feel like this song was perfectly crafted. What a pretty bridge! Saving this one <3

Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera - Do What U Want

LOVE this song and it’s my favorite on ARTPOP. I do believe that the R. Kelly version is better but I understand why you went with this one. But yeah, the “we don’t give a ****” long note before the second chorus is missing :’(

Lana Del Rey, Sean Ono Lennon - Tomorrow Never Came

This is really pretty <3 His voice is interesting, i’m not completely sold on it if i’m honest. I think this needs to grow on me.

Lana Del Rey, The Weeknd - Lust For Life

Really like how both of their voices fit this song so well! The “take off, take off all you clothes” part kind of annoys me. I’ve never heard this song in full before but I think it’s really good!

Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell - Ain’t No Mountain High

Surprisingly, I’ve never heard this song before. I really like his voice, hers is a little weak in comparison. Loooove the verses, the chorus is okay. It’s a good song.

Matt Berninger, Phoebe Bridgers - Walking on a String

This was a nice change of pace. The song is pretty. I just don’t think this is as strong as some other entries here because I don’t think this is an outstanding ballad. To me, it’s lacking a bit of emotion.

Prince Royce, Zendaya - X
I’m sorry, maybe this is a good song but I honestly don’t like bachata at all. His voice doesn’t sound as bad as other songs I’ve heard from him. But I still did not enjoy this :/

Solar, Kassy - A song from the past

This is actually really pretty too. I feel like I’ve heard a handful of songs that sound exactly like this though. It’s well executed so I can’t really complain about it.

Zara Larsson, MNEK - Never Forget You

I’ve always been conflicted about this song because of the underwhelming drop. Their voices and the melodies are really good. But yeah, the production could’ve been better. I wish Symphony could’ve been eligible because I would’ve stanned :(

this song is cuteeee

also cuteeee their other song with them together is better tho but idk if was allowed to be sent bc idk the letters that were banned bc i dont pay attn but yes I enjoy this

bop bop bop

Beyonce & Drake - Mine

yup I've always loved this 1

YUP

a classic but idc that much

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNER!!!!!!!!!! [2] I actually love this song so much idc idc

bop bop bop

it's just ok

it's ok

amazing amazing song yessss

best song on artpop and maybe her best single methinks

a snooze fest

a snooze fest, prisoner is better

it's a cute classic bop but that's it

this is pretty.. don't care about the man on the song tho

this a cute lil bop for a nice summer day at the beach methinks

this was veryyyyyy pretty is solar the 1 from mamamoo

it's a bop :selbop:

aiczoBo.png

IMPORTED || Umm yeah I agree with all the comments that said her voice isn't too

great :mandown: Definitely one of those songs where the featured artist is better.
Off the Grid || Cute and vibey.
Casanova || Great but I prefer the original - now stream Cape God (aka 2020's AOTY) immediately!
Mine || Simply a nice collaboration and song overall
Beautiful Liar || Simply a nice collaboration and song overall [2]
The Time of My Life || A classic :heart: The 2nd half kinda gives me that buzz
The Boy Is Mine || Haven't heard this in a long time. Yeah it's solid. Very good timing as

well since this was just trending like 2 nights ago.
WAP || In my trinity! ...of artists I just absolutely despise!!! (along w/ C**ila and G**mes)
Love Sex Magic || Simply a nice collaboration and song overall [3]
Selfish || I was liking it until too much Future came in dd. Way better than Loveeeeeee Song

at least (from what I remember), so I'm glad you didn't pick that!
Broken Strings || Wow this takes me back to oldTRL days when this was in some other

game. Aside from that small bit of nostalgia, it's really nothing special.
Chocolate || Cute! A lil groove
Do What U Want || Good but I prefer the original [2]
Tomorrow Never Came || So chill and peaceful :alexz3: I'd say this rounds out my LFL top 5.
Lust for Life || She's nice, although I've never been suuuper in love with it.
Ain't No Mountain High Enough || Haven't heard the original in a while. It's still great!
Walking On a String || It's fine. Preferred Matt's collaboration with CHVRCHES, aka the only track I

knew from him before this. - One of those songs where the featured artist is better. [2]
X || A little better than expected but not very interesting. 
A song from the past || Very nice sound, slightly above average entry.
Never Forget You || Love it, still sounds good to this day :heart:

omqXTk5.gifNqTmio5.png

Spoiler

What the **** is this? :biblio: His lyrics are so bad and her voice is irritating. Pass.

It's not as terrible as the last song. It's just okay though.

Oh a bop from the Hello songstress. :katie2:

Beyonce & Drake - Mine
 ST is my favorite Bey album of all time but this is one of the songs I don't use. Still much better than most of the songs so far.

An undeniable classic. A bop when it as released 13 years ago and still a bop up to this day.

Another classic. The timeless production is what sold me this.

Oh wow, three classics in a row. A bit overrated but still great nonetheless.

Tanking this YUP YUP YUP! :eli: This is a tad overrated tbh however, I can say Megan ATE Cardi up in this one.

I haven't heard this in quite a while and I am enjoying it more than I remembered I did nnn.

Not even Rihanna could save this. I am sorry.

I thought of sending this song too ngl. This has a special place in my heart.

It's cute. I am not feeling this a lot but I heard worse songs this round.

The [redacted] version is muuuuuuch better.

Love me some Lana but this is just :zzz:

The better Lana song this round.

Another undeniable classic. Short but sweet.

Hmm, the lazy delivery is not working for me. It's cute tho. It's not the worst from what I heard so far.

:kii6poor:

I am usually not here for K-ballads because most of the time they are basic. This is pretty though.

Hmm, I'm not really sure about this one. I mean, it's far from the worst this round but I feel conflicted about it. Also, I really don't use Zara outside of her collab with Clean Bandit, the amazing Symphony.

djb-the-teacher-font.png

Imported : A-

Off The Grid : B+

Casanova B

Mine: B- 

Beautiful Liar: A

(I've Had) The Time of My Life : C-

The Boy Is Mine:  A+

WAP: A (Megan), B- (Cardi)

Selfish: A+ (Rihanna), D+ (Future) 

Love Sex Magic: C-

Broken Strings: B- 

Chocolate: B+

Do What U Want: C-

Tomorrow Never Came: A+

Lust For Life: C- (You did this assignment better last semester) 

Ain't No Mountain High Enough: B+

Walking on a String:  C+

X: See Me After Class

A song from the past: A+

Never Forget You: See Me After Class

Zyg9C8G.png

IMPORTED

I initially thought I was gonna like this based on the little material i know of both artists, but I definitely agree that her voice is very annoying in this and 6LACK's verse is also very lacking in comparison.

Off The Grid

This is cute, not very memorable though imo. It feels like something that's been done to many times before and to top it off there's nothing going on to make it stand out.

Casanova

YUP! I discovered this a while ago and had it on repeat. It sill goes off too

L66zMI1.gif

Mine

Conflicted about this one because it kinda bops and it kinda doesn't. Sounds a bit like two songs in one,  and while that doesn't always mean it's bad, it's definitely not doing this song in particular any favors. 

Beautiful Liar

That was a classic, that was a classic. Great choice!

(I've Had) The Time of My Life

This is fine tbh. It's a traditional duet, which is what i was originally looking for this round, but it's not as grandiose as I want it to be. I hihgkye preferred your backup choice but that probably would've done worse in this competition, so this is a nice.

The Boy Is Mine

Another classic, yup! However, I do find this a bit overrated, especially because I've never liked Brandy's vocal (in this and in general). They just sound so montone.

WAP

Very smart choice! It's THE moment. Nothing better than a song that can both make your ass shake and make the conservatives fume :wap:

Love Sex Magic 

Very middle of the pack for me. It's a bop but nothing outstanding/that I would come back to.

Selfish

This song would be 10x better if it wasn't for Future's awful auto-tuned vocals. Also totally not worth the penalty nn.

Broken Strings

it's nice, very pretty

Chocolate

It's cute, kinda came and went. Probably one of the weakest Kiana songs I've hears so far.

Do What U Want

Not the worst Gaga song I've heard, I guess

Tomorrow Never Came

very pretty, though I personally prefer Lust For Life

Lust For Life

Absolutely love the atmospheric vibe of the song, it's great

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Probably my least favorite of the "classics" in the round. I like it but it doesn't really stand out.

Walking On A String

Really liked this, really pretty

X

absolutely NOT love, sending a bachata song to a song contest...

A song from the past

Pretty, definitely sounds like a Disney song, but it's a tad boring

Never Forget You

this would be better if it wasn't for that horrible noisy and dated chorus :heart2:

btw, since i'm still missing quite a few rankings and i'm gonna be quite busy tomorrow i'm gonna extend the deadline 12 hours. Please send your rankings till then if you haven't already

2 minutes ago, disruptive said:

btw, since i'm still missing quite a few rankings and i'm gonna be quite busy tomorrow i'm gonna extend the deadline 12 hours. Please send your rankings till then if you haven't already

oh and make sure to count that you are ranking all 19 songs as well please

3 minutes ago, disruptive said:

oh and make sure to count that you are ranking all 19 songs as well please

:emofish:

dDNhsUx.png

6LACK & Jessie Reyez - IMPORTED - Not into this. Jessie's vocals are not good and 6lack doesn't elevate this. 

Alina Baraz & Khalid - Off The Grid - Not bad per say but forgettable. 

Allie X & VERITE - Casanova - Pretty good. 

Beyonce & Drake - Mine - Drags a little but that's just a minor issue. Overall it's competent. 

Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar - I've never really liked this song that much. Something about Shakira collabs with pop girls doesn't mesh well for me.  

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Heard this countless of times since Dirty Dancing is one of my parents favorite films. I don't mind 80s soundtrack songs that much so this'll do.

Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine - Overplayed and not Brandy's best song but it gets the job done anyway. 

Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion - WAP - Not a fan of either of these two, but this song could've been worse I guess.  

Ciara & Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic - Decent & enjoyable enough.  

Future & Rihanna - Selfish - I like Rihanna's part but that's it. 

James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings - This collab is really random and Nelly doesn't fit here. Can't say I use this. 

Kiana Lede & Ari Lennox - Chocolate - Alright. It's fine. 

Lady Gaga & Christina Aguilera - Do What U Want - I don't care for either version of this song tbh. 

Lana Del Rey & Sean Ono Lennon - Tomorrow Never Came - One of the skips on LFL. 

Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd - Lust For Life - I hyped this up back when it was first released but now it just doesn't hit me. Prisoner > 

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough - I hear a classic. Yes I do. 

Matt Berninger & Phoebe Bridges - Walking on a String - :zzz: 

Prince Royce & Zendaya - X - The struggle :rip: 

Solar & Kassy - A song from the past - Alright. It's fine. [2] 

Zara Larsson & MNEK - Never Forget You - Their vocals are a bit off to me. Though to Zara's credit, this is still one of her better songs. 

2 hours ago, clue said:

1dLSf2P.gif

now that's questionable huh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.