Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

Beach Season - Drip - It was a cute chill background music bop, middle of the pack for sure.

Dumblonde - White Lightning - Stopped listening after the first atrocious chorus

Jason Manns - Simple Man - It’s a country song.

Greta Isaac - Tied - Very 2015 generic

Samantha Urbani - 1 2 3 4 - PressedT about this being an asc rehash but it’s a bop I can’t lie although it drags a bit

Bronze Avery - Messy - A bit too str8 (straight) for me

Skylar Stecker - Fire - Generic

Zealyn - A Weekend in Maine - Came and went you know?

Tyne - Girly - At least it’s a bit more interesting than the past entries

So Below - Us - Too long and uninteresting I only listened it in full cause I forgot it was on

COBRAH - TEA - Get the *** off my headphones I’m not listening THAT

Andrea Chahayed - Tenant - Cute and harmless in this context

Eyedi - & New - This is really cute, maybe my fave so far 

Diana Vickers - Dead Heat - A gay bop (but good) ngl miss Vickers might have made several points here

Florrie - Little White Lies - Meh

Florrie - Summer Nights - I actually didn’t hate this I-

Hayleau - Get This Right - A chill bop

Chela - Delivery - Very nice :ohwow:

Kotomi - Eternal Spring  - Kinda boring. I do like the mode change (I think?) on the chorus though

BV - Free - Very dated but it’s not the worst thing here

Foley - Midnight - I should like this but isn’t doing much for me

Rachel Stevens - Sweet Dreams my LA Ex - I listened to this song

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

Beach Season - Drip
This is not bad but it’s kind of monotonous and while it is not annoying or anything, it feels like it’s just there. I could easily picture this playing at Zara or something like that

Dumblonde - white lighting
The instrumental in the beginning kind of reminded of old sega games like Sonic. I really like the prechorus and the ethereal vocals. The drop is such a letdown. I’m not a fan of her voice either

Jason Manns - Simple Man
This sounds like something that would be in one of those straight to DVD movies. Not bad and their voices are nice, but I don’t think the melody is strong enough to keep things interesting, so it felt too long for me.

Greta Isaac - Tied
This is actually nice, but I feel like the production is too messy. It sounds like something that could be sung by a bonfire and would actually sound better with just the acoustic guitar. So, yeah, it’s not bad but the production is a choice

Samantha Urbani - 1 2 3 4

I feel like instrumentally, this is really good. I especially loved the bridge’s = production. I’m not sure the melody and her voice are that strong if I’m honest. The second half of the song > the first half

Bronze Avery - Messy
These lyrics dfhsjdkhfa. A scream. Honestly I feel like this one has the strongest melody so far. It’s the most memorable, although the production is kind of basic. I like his voice.

Skylar Stecker - Fire
This was very basic. It was not bad but it lacked substance. Her vocals are nice. The bridge was the best part of the song.

Zealyn - A Weekend in Maine
This is very pretty and I think it’s something I would listen to on a night drive. This will rank high. Curious to see who submitted this one.

Tyne - Girly
This one has a lot of personality so it’s kind of refreshing for this round. I wish the instrumental was more dynamic though, it was very one note.

So Below - Us
“But when she’s in your arms / i know that you want me more” I kinda love sassy lyrics.

COBRAH - TEA
I just heard the intro and I’m already scared… mess i thought it’d be a drag queen song, but it’s a girl… WHAT ARE THESE LYRICS??? This is something I would listen to my friends to make fun of how bad it is. I’m sorry but… yeah

Andrea Chahayed - Tenant
This feels like a coffee shop song and I didn’t really appreciate the lack of personality. She has a cute voice but i feel like there are thousands of songs that sound like this

Eyedi - & New
This is really pretty. I feel like the production and melody really complement each other <3 This feels like a blissful and breezy spring afternoon!

Diana Vickers - Dead Heat
Very H&M. At times enjoyable, at times annoying. Would probably rank it in the middle but since i haven’t enjoyed most of these songs, this will probably be in the upper half

Florrie - Little White Lies
Huh, this sounds like something Alessia Cara would sing. It’s kind of forgettable but decent. The instrumental during the second prechorus grabbed my attention. Loved that!

Florrie - Summer Nights
haha

Hayleau - Get This Right
Not very remarkable but it’s nice. Enough to be safe. I think it’s pretty, yeah.

Chela - Delivery
This was very formulaic and not too exciting. I guess she did no wrong but she didn’t succeed either.

Kotomi - Eternal Spring
Well I wanted to tank you for being a thief. But I didn’t enjoy it so I’m tanking you because of that! The intro was beautiful though.

BV. Kidwolf - Free
I feel like there are a lot of songs with this vibe and I’m starting to think that most newcomers are into soft pop. It gets tiring after a bit. This was not bad, I actually feel like the last 40 second of the songs were the best part of the song.

Foley - Midnight
I didn’t like this. Her voice and the whole vibe of the song were a little annoying :( Which is a bummer cause i can say that this isn’t bad like other entries

Rachel Stevens - Sweet Dreams My LA Ex
I wouldn’t revisit this. This is not what I’m into at all. Even her name sounds stupid and annoying

Edit: maybe this was too mean but let me say that this wasn’t as bad as tea or the florrie song

Edited by ughgabriel

I'll take these critiques. I expected worse tbh.

1aeb30da76635f41e0bd1baa889b90f20c44dec4

One tasteless bitch, and one bitch if questionable taste, but otherwise good reviews 

Started going from all/mostly positive to slightly mixed after these recent reviews :celestial5:

6 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

I can't at people adopting my critique style :rip:(It's from the 80s, It's a pop song)

The impact :sistrens:

aiczoBo.png

Drip || Has some nice production, but the basic vocals left me feeling a little bored.
white lightning || I wasn't expecting this to get dragged so hard :skull: This was always one of my faves from their debut. It might be a little noisy but maybe I like some noise!
Simple Man || Luckily for you, I can tolerate country... this is just a little too boring and plain though.
Tied || Despite some noticably odd mixing, I like this.
1 2 3 4 || Love the sound, something is a bit off though...
Messy || Reminds me a lot of Isaac Dunbar and I just got into him months ago. This is nice, might have to check out more.
Fire || Cute enough.
A Weekend in Maine || Meh. Could've been better, could've been worse.
Girly || Chorus could've been much stronger, kinda messed the song up for me.
Us || One of those songs that definitely gets better when the beat changes. I like it. Apparently Now, Now wrote on it ahh go stream their last album Saved!
TEA || Wasn't a fan of the main voice sample at all. Could've been a certified gay anthem if it wasn't so underbaked.
Tenant || The vocals didn't connect with me. I feel like this exact type of song has been made a lot already.
& New || Surprised to see she has less than 100K listeners with this solid view count. Pretty enjoyable!
Dead Heat || Simply fine.
Little White Lies || Oh, this is kinda delicious! A contender for my top spot.
Summer Nights || Hmm definitely a bit too dated. Also that "you've got the best boy, better than the rest boy" part was not too kind to my ears.
Get This Right || Simply fine. [2] I can't understand a damn word in that chorus though
Delivery || I feel like this could've been a serve but there's a little something missing? Still cute.
Eternal Spring || Simply fine. [3] That chorus is pretty solid though.
Free || Well, it definitely sounds like an Official Summer Siren Anthem. I would've enjoyed this more back in 2014-16.
Midnight || Okay I'm liking this! Nice
Sweet Dreams my LA Ex || Can't say I'm in love with it. I would've enjoyed this more back in 1932 or whenever this dropped.

Drip: this sounds like... youtuber outro music? it’s like not bad but not memorable

White Lightning: you had me until that drop..... next 

Simple Man: what was going through your head when you decided to send this I just want to know that

Tied: what is this MIXING :bibliahh: this is pretty unlistenable sorry

1 2 3 4: the asc rehash... anyways I liked it back then and I still pretty much enjoyed it, it drags a bit though

Messy: this is pretty nice I guess

Fire: I quite like this, one of my favorites so far 

A Weekend In Maine: omg this is soooo stunning 

Girly: this had a little bit of potential but it just goes nowhere 

Us: whew this captivated me since the beginning and definitely did not let me down, I really liked it (although it dragged a bit at the end)

Tea: what in the Todrick Hall is this mess

Tenant: this was okay, better than most of the past songs tbh

& New: yes mmm very good pretty okay

Dead Heat: her voice is so bananies and avocadoes akdjalsj this is so dated but it’s not the worst, very middle of the road

Little White Lies: I really liked this :shock: 

Summer Nights: this is so messy, Little White Lies >>>

Get This Right: zzzzzzzzzzzz, also her voice is literally drowned in the production and I hate it

Delivery: this is fine that is all

Eternal Spring: it is a song titled eternal spring. 

Free: this is horrible thank you

Midnight: this is quite nice thank you 

my thots

NCpJUx8.gif

Drip - this was okay, wouldn't listen to it again but i didn't mind it.
white lightning - loveee! i thought about sending a song of theirs too! a slay.
Simple Man - Not today satan :deadbanana2: (U want out huh?)
Tied - i'm ti(r)ed too!
1 2 3 4 - Definitely in the better half of the round.
Messy.
Fire - Not bad
A Weekend in Maine - Pretty cute. I enjoy her voice.
Girly - Annoying.
Us - A pass.
TEA - Definitely a standout, a gay bop! :wap:
Tenant - Ok how many songs like this do i have to listen to omg. Imagine how tired we are!
& New - My favorite so far of the songs i haven't heard before! Actually quite loving this uwu.
Dead Heat - Very cute! Enjoyed it.
Little White Lies - ENOUGH.
Summer Nights - Better than the previous Florrie song but don't care for this either.
Get This Right - Hate this too.
Delivery - No.
Eternal Spring - No no no.
Free - Not really my cup of tea but it's different from most of the songs so i don't mind it. She has a cute voice.
Midnight - Meh.
Sweet Dreams my LA Ex - Well it's different from the rest, pretty good.

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

Beach Season - Drip - this was okay... a bit boring melodically but i did enjoy some of the production

Dumblonde - White Lightening - absolutely dreadful x

Jason Manns - Simple Man - i loathe country music but this was actually pleasant

Greta Isaac - Tied - another one that was just ok for me

Samantha Urbani - 1 2 3 4 - this is cute!

Bronze Avery - Messy - i lich rally just heard another song of his the other day randomly... i like this tbh. a nice chorus

Skylar Stecker - Fire - another nice melody! a bit overproduced but it's still pretty good

Zealyn - A Weekend in Maine - ehhh kind of pretty kind of boring

Tyne - Girly - i didn't love this... a bit annoying tbh

So Below - Us - the atmosphere was very meditative and i enjoyed it!

COBRAH - TEA - very annoying

Andrea Chahayed - Tenant - it wasn't bad... but i have to admit i zoned out a bit listening to it

Eyedi - & New - oooh i kind of like this one

Diana Vickers - Dead Heat - her voice was kind of grating to me

Florrie - Little White Lies - yes yes yes big fan

Florrie - Summer Nights - not feeling this one as much as little white lies... kind of cringe actually

Hayleau - Get This Right - ooh i liked this one... her voice reminds me of lily allen at times

Chela - Delivery - cute melody v fun v bop

Kotomi - Eternal Spring - a vibe... that i liked

BV - Free - her voice was too sing-song for me to get into this

Foley - Midnight - oooh yes this was a bop. might be in my top few

Rachel Stevens - Sweet Dreams my LA Ex - fun and vintage, i think i support it

No x

i expect to be SAFE, pt.2 or 3 or 4

Just now, thecptz said:

i expect to be SAFE, pt.2 or 3 or 4

i think pt.3 or 4

F8vxXlm.jpg 

Drip: it's a serve

White Lightning: the listeners :rip: It's catchy but as the song progressed, I liked it less and less. Some very annoying production elements in the drop

Simple Man: completely fine and actually quite pretty, not really my thing but I appreciate it

Tied: yeh the vocal is way too quiet. it's fine to cute

1 2 3 4: the production is really cool. i would definitely relisten

Messy: quite listenable and catchy although it gets a little bit repetitive and annoying. the lyrics are verging on awful

Fire: lol this is a basic generic bop. it sounds exactly like the kind of the song one of the flop 5H girls would release, and i'm kind of here for it

A Weekend In Maine: manages to be pretty without being painfully slow and boring. yup i really like it! 99% sure who sent this since you recommended this artist to me... you panned me but luckily I'm not vengeful!

Girly: kind of fun, kind of annoying

Us: love an atmospheric mid tempo! production elements were very cool, vocal was nice

TEA: this kind of hyper *** song is rarely for me unless it's extremely minimal. i can imagine playing this if i was really drunk but it was a big choice to submit this

Tenant: from the beginning it was verging on boring for me, but managed to JUST hold it off. when the beat came in I was mostly sold. it's fine to cute [2]

& New: cute

Dead Heat: i can't believe i'm seeing her here. this is such a UK'd choice. anyways this is kind of really cute omg

Little White Lies: i *kind of* like it. i found it was kind of over produced and noisy from the first chorus onwards

Summer Nights: something about her brand is quite original, kinda cool, but like, trying a bit too hard? just a bit MUCH going on?? this was kind of a mess

Get This Right: it's literally fine and inoffensive, i'm bored tho

Delivery: very derivative but kind of cute

Eternal Spring: cool production in many ways. it wasn't particularly memorable, more just atmospheric

Free: started off with potential but quickly turned terrible. the horrible production, cliché melody, lyrics, background vocals, breakdown.. nope

Midnight: catchy and inoffensive 

Sweet Dreams My LA Ex: very fun bop, refreshing switch up from the other entries

this was kind of exhausting. the groups were merged too soon me thinks, especially with this round :rip:  electric chair for the hoest! x

Edited by Fruity

cyh51bC.png

Beach Season - Drip

idk it started off kinda cute but then it somehow annoyed the **** out of me :heart2:

Dumblonde - White Lightening

this is almost as annoying as the first song. its a lil bit better tho so congrats!

Jason Manns - Simple Man

wow this is the 7 years level of cringe :clown: do you want to be eliminated or something?

Greta Isaac - Tied

i don't see the problems about mixing other than the vocal being maybe a bit too low? its a cute one

Samantha Urbani - 1 2 3 4

oh i thought this would be better than this. anyway, its cute but a bit underwhelming :/

Bronze Avery - Messy

this is the best song so far and it is still underwhelming!

Skylar Stecker - Fire

maybe sometimes i like me some basic pop songs :heart2: this is GREAT purry.

Zealyn - A Weekend in Maine

maybe i'm bipolar i don't even know myself anymore but this is too basic for my liking, welp! my critiques cancelled

i feel like ppl prob don't know whats going on with me

Tyne - Girl

:eek: somehow i rlly like this! TUT TUT NO WORRIES yup yup

So Below - Us

this is not that good. there are some annoying parts :/

COBRAH - TEA

the way you said #FAGSRIGHTS :heart: anyways, this is a bop :jamming:

Andrea Chahayed - Tenant

yes love me some indie cute bops :heart:

Eyedi - & New

this started off very good but then it went kinda middle of the road for me.

prob still be high in my rank if the remaining songs suck.

Diana Vickers - Dead Heat

sounds like a 2013 songs

Florrie - Little White Lies

thought it would be worse. i mean its kinda basic but its not that bad

Florrie - Summer Nights

i'm mixed on this one. there are some moments i think its better than the other florrie song but then it's not hmmm :thing:

Hayleau - Get This Right

another artist from ASC yup! anyways, this is a middle of the road for me..

Chela - Delivery

ooh rlly enjoy this one :jamming:

Kotomi - Eternal Spring

rence did you send this song again? probably!

well its cute. i expected lots more but its cute

BV - Free

meh

Foley - Midnight

one of the better songs in this horrible round :heart:

Rachel Stevens - Sweet Dreams my LA Ex

its okay

The overall quality this round was not the tea to say the least. 

17 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

The overall quality this round was not the tea to say the least. 

yes, we're not doing that again

Thats Over Its Cancelled GIFs | Tenor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.