Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

8hNZKvo.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There are 16 entries, so I should receive 16 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-15:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

15. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify | Apple Music

Spoiler

Adele - Million Years Ago
Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U
Beach House - New Year
Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains
Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Hilary Duff - So Yesterday
Lorde - Buzzcut Season
Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)
Maggie Rogers - Dog Years
Paramore - Hard Times
Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday
Taylor Swift - Enchanted
The Weeknd - Wasted Times

DEADLINE

You have 48 hours, until September 9th, 8:30PM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can! 

6 minutes ago, disruptive said:

Lorde BANNED!

Taylor BANNED!

Hilary BANNED!

Paramore BANNED!

and?

8 minutes ago, disruptive said:

Lorde BANNED!

Taylor BANNED!

Hilary BANNED!

Paramore BANNED!

and?

11 minutes ago, disruptive said:

Lorde BANNED!

Taylor BANNED!

Hilary BANNED!

Paramore BANNED!

and?

14 minutes ago, disruptive said:

Lorde BANNED!

Taylor BANNED!

Hilary BANNED!

Paramore BANNED!

and?

F8vxXlm.jpg

Million Years Ago: hard no. the corny melody, sparse production and even her shrill voice are just completely not enjoyable to me here
Friday I'll Be Over U: kind of fun, but also kind of abrasive
New Year: why is this so long and monotonous? maybe its a cute vibe, but fortunately this isn't ASC where the songs are mostly boring, so yeh
Our Remains: sounds like the music that plays during a montage in some edgy film. kind of very cool + atmospheric but makes no lasting impression
Making The Most Of The Night: her music in general is annoying to me, but it's slightly catchy i guess
A Thousand Years: surely everyone has fatigue from this song? it's extremely annoying for some reason, but i cant deny that the melody is very pretty 
Time After Time: huge classic, don't love it that much but it's a nice sing
Dog Days Are Over: okay actually quite listenable, bit of a throwback
So Yesterday: l u v whoever sent this!
Buzzcut Season: might rank this #1 because it's one of my favourite songs ever, might tank because miguel implied 'season' wasn't a valid length of time or whatever
Sober II (Melodrama): it's v chill and nice, not sure how much time is referenced tho 
Dog Years: quite cute i'd say
Hard Times: in another round this would be middling but it finds itself kind of high right now!!
Lost In Yesterday: bop
Enchanted: i have a real love/hate relationship with this song. you've caught me on a day when i'm leaning towards finding it whiney and overly long
Wasted Times: it's pretty good in terms of production although i often find his vocal lines quite weak and his tone a bit ear piercing, as is the case here

Bi5QTgd.png

Adele - Million Years Ago - I don't hate it or love it, it's just okay for me

Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U - I'm old and I watched Allison's season of idol, I really liked her album and stanned her and Adam Lambert together

Beach House - New Year - This is chill, kinda long

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains - This is chill too, it didn't really stand out too much, but it's okay

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night - I'm a Carly gay so I stan :heart2: 

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years - Overplayed/overused in tv/movies but it's cute 

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time - A classic that I love, plus I stan 80s music

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over - Love Florence and love this song

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday - Even better than the Hilary song used last round whew :wig: 

Lorde - Buzzcut Season - Another song I love, not sure if it followed the rules exactly but the song is one of my faves from Lorde

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama) - I love this dramatic song, uh and yeah not sure if it's on theme tho :coma: 

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years - I liked this, she has a pleasant voice

Paramore - Hard Times - Such a bop :jamming:

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday - A relaxing bop, love the vibe of the song, very nice

Taylor Swift - Enchanted - One of Taylor's best for me, the bridge :praise:

The Weeknd - Wasted Times - I really like the production, his vocals annoy me at times tho 

Adele - Million Years Ago: this sounds like something I’ve heard before… anyway, it’s okay!

Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U: bop bop bop

Beach House - New Year: it’s the way I want to like Beach House but I find them so boring for me

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains: wait… this is great

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night: a bop, this aged nicely 

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years: never liked this song at all, so corny

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time: it’s a classic, so lovely

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over: I always think “meh” when I see this song mentioned, but then I listen to it and I’m reminded of its greatness

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday: this classic

Lorde - Buzzcut Season: it’s the lesser of the two lorde songs this round, but still good

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama): best song on the album for me, I just feel like it doesn’t reference time much, nor does it feel like it takes place in a certain moment in time

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years: it’s quite nice, I don’t find it very memorable tho

Paramore - Hard Times: I like this

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday: mmhmm yuppp

Taylor Swift - Enchanted: gonna fume that you sent this instead of back to december but WHATEVER, this will be top-middle-ish for me I think

The Weeknd - Wasted Times: it’s kewl, it bops

RJDu4jb.png

Adele - Million Years Ago: Filler in her discography

Allison Iraheta - Friday I'll Be Over U: Plsss :bibliahh: this Max Martin bop. She was robbed!

Beach House - New Year: It's cute

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains: This is turrible

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night: It's the collapse for me

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years: UgKP8Bx.gif

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time: It's the timeless classic for me

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over: It's the timeless classic for me [2]

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday: Legend :jonny5:

Lorde - Buzzcut Season: The way I was robbed with this in Song Contest and then it won that Lorde Discography Rate... paybacks paybacks it's so funny to me

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama): Underrated banger :katie2:

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years: I forgot about this it's cute but not her best

Paramore - Hard Times: :jamming:

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday: Such a bop :katie2:

Taylor Swift - Enchanted: :jonny5:

The Weeknd - Wasted Times: Not my favorite on the EP

Adele - Million Years Ago

This is very cute! This is the kind of music that i like to listen during winter or at a coffee bar. I don’t know, there’s something about songs with acoustic guitars that really captivates me. I didn’t like 25 as a whole but this song is really nice!

Allison Iraheta - Friday I’ll Be Over U

This is very… dated. I didn’t find this song to be memorable since the production is kind of basic and it’s not that catchy. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t enjoy it either :/ Wait… the guitar bridge was enjoyable! Liked that part!

Beach House - New Year

This was a risk given that this is not the type of music ATRLers usually like. I honestly love the instrumental and the vocals are very haunting. I honestly love Beach House in general, so I’m glad I’ll be able to give you a great ranking <3

A very hypnotizing song!

Bitter:Sweet - Our Remains

This is very chill and enjoyable. The production is really interesting. I wish it was a little more dynamic because the instrumental doesn’t have a lot of variations and her vocals/delivery are the same throughout the whole. So I wish there could’ve been more exciting elements to the song, or maybe I wish the song would’ve shorter.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night

I’m one of the people that believes that Emotion is not as amazing as people claim. However, this is one of the songs that really stand out to me and I really like it. The melody is really catchy and I think her voice suits this song really well.

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
This song is kind of cute. I feel like I find it to be a little cringy since it’s attached to the Twilight saga. I feel like if I was listening to this at a wedding or with my partner, I’d find it to be really charming. But right now I’m finding it to be really corny. It’s going to be in the middle for me :/

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
This is fine but kind of uninteresting. A little too repetitive as well. I feel like you sent it since it’s Cyndi and she’s an icon, etc. But this song didn’t do much for me :/

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

Love Florence and I like this song. Not my favorite from this album but it’s still very enjoyable and full of energy!

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday

This is pretty. I’ve known about the existence of this song but I’ve never actually listened to it until now. It has some really cute and catchy parts. I don’t think it’s as good as some of her older stuff (Wake Up, BOMH, Come Clean, etc) but yeah, it’s cute!

Lorde - Buzzcut Season

I used to hate her because I found Royals to be really annoying (I still do, ngl) and then heard Team and loved it. So I decided to check her album and this was the song that I would listen on repeat at first. Love the instrumental on this song, and the whole nature of it is very haunting. Great choice <3

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)

This is my favorite song on the album. At first I was thinking “this’ll be hard, but I think i prefer Buzzcut Season” then this song started and WHEW. The instrumental, the delivery, everything is great!!! A greater choicer <3

Maggie Rogers - Dog Years

Uhh, this is very cute. I think her voice helps the song seem a lot more interesting that it actually is. The last part of the song is really good. Loved those instrumentals <3 Actually I might check some of her stuff!

Paramore - Hard Times

I used to love this song when it came out but it didn’t age too well for me :/ I don’t find it to be as joyful or catchy as i thought it was, which is a bummer :/

Tame Impala - Lost in Yesterday

The chorus of the song is really cute and I loved the production. Especially that guitar that appears after the chorus. I don’t really care for the verses, though. Could be better, could be worse

Taylor Swift - Enchanted

I heard this song for the first time when I watched her 1989 AM concert. This became my favorite song of hers and that bridge is so immaculate! This >> Back to December

The Weeknd - Wasted Times

Oh, I’ve never heard this one before! This is reeeally good, love the production on this track. It has that sultry vibe most of his songs have, but there’s something in this song that reminds me of Disclosure and I dig it a lot. Really good song <3

19 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Taylor Swift - Enchanted: gonna fume that you sent this instead of back to december but WHATEVER, this will be top-middle-ish for me I think

enchanted is her best song along with all too well and august <3

1RywnoC.png

MILLION YEARS AGO - Super beautiful. One of my favorite Adele songs. It might kinda corny, but I love the almost haunting melodies.

FRIDAY I'LL BE OVER U - BOP.

NEW YEAR - It's on one of the best albums ever, so it's automatically great. It's no "Lazuli", "Other People", or "Irene", but it's still a great song.

OUR REMAINS - Nice instrumental.

MAKING THE MOST OF THE NIGHT - Kinda too much going on, but kinda one of the best pop songs ever? I'm conflicted.

A THOUSAND YEARS - Corn city.

TIME AFTER TIME - Undeniably a classic. It's kinda serving diner restroom (yet again), but it's cute.

DOG DAYS ARE OVER - A classic, but I don't listen to it often.

SO YESTERDAY - Very boring no shade.

BUZZCUT SEASON - Cute.

SOBER II (MELODRAMA) - One of the Melodrama songs I do not skip. Very cute.

DOG YEARS - Very bland. I feel like I've heard 20 different versions of this song in Spotify playlists for years now.

HARD TIMES - Bop lead single from this trash album.

LOST IN YESTERDAY - I found my automatic #1. One of the best alt. radio hits of the year. The production is absolutely perfect. The melodies are perfect. What more could you ask for?

ENCHANTED - Never been a big big big fan of this, but it's still very good.

WASTED TIMES - A skip on this EP.

14 minutes ago, Touch It said:

enchanted is her best song along with all too well and august <3

tenor.gif?itemid=8370367

agree about august tho whew her best song

i am tanking songs that didn't follow the prompt no matter how great they are. yup yup yup.

10 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

i am tanking songs that didn't follow the prompt no matter how great they are. yup yup yup.

oh yeah same, I didn't put this in all of the critiques I wrote oops

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.