Billboard cancels ticket and merch bundles

iHype.

LOLOL.

Lettuce see what happens with the soon to be best album of the year, sorry rare you can be runner-up.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• argos

• Thor

• Oxygen

• iHype.

Top Posters In This Topic

We thought Ariana/Bieber/Nicki/69 would move their new albums/singles before the new rules...

But then Taylor be like... wait for ME!

tenor.gif

On 7/14/2020 at 12:21 AM, iHype. said:

any physical album or single sold with a digital download will not be counted as a digital sale and will only be counted as a physical sale upon shipment to the customer

what if it's a digital download sold with a physical album or single? :swan:

26 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

what if it's a digital download sold with a physical album or single? :swan:

That is the same thing

:skull: The sale doesn’t count until the physical is shipped 

Just now, iHype. said:

That is the same thing

:skull: The sale doesn’t count until the physical is shipped 

I'm trying to find a loophole

what if it's a digital download that comes with a CD?

Why was this not effective immediately...

Billboard: We're changing the rules....in a couple months! So continue cheating!

On 7/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, JBJT2786 said:

The amount of "surprise" releases that are gonna drop over next 3 weeks cuz of this :rip:

The way you were right :deadbanana:

Billboard is implementing these changes to address widespread concerns that an accurate measure of consumer intent -- which has been the basis of the Billboard charts since their inception -- is being undermined by increasingly-common bundling practices. The new guidelines will better ensure that Billboard chart rankings more accurately reflect the conscious purchasing decisions of consumers and level the playing field for all artists.

But when an oldie says it, we are hating. 

tumblr_mzdma0q6oJ1qd8zg3o4_250.gif

I think I may have found a surprisingly easy and tried-and-true loophole for the new physical singles rule. (Well, for trying to get a big first week using them at least.) Can't they just put them up for pre-order for a few weeks prior to the song's release and then ship them out the week the song comes out? That would effectively give the same results of a boost for the first week and still comply with the new rules. This might make things even more ridiculous than they've been since it would give stans more than a week to make these chart-boosting purchases...if this loophole is abused, BB may have actually shot themselves in the foot with the new single rules. :skull:

im so pressed... I was really hoping Justin would bundle JB6 with a pair of used underwear but now he can't

Thanks a lot, Billboard. Disgusting company with no morals and lack of empathy for fanbases!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, KKCuteCat said:

Where is Rain On Me now @GypsyPrince

Just one of only two all-female collaborations in HISTORY to debut at #1 aside from WAP. :michael:

Where's Smile though? Let's ask the audience.

1 hour ago, GypsyPrince said:

Just one of only two all-female collaborations in HISTORY to debut at #1 aside from WAP. :michael:

Where's Smile though? Let's ask the audience.

The thing is you said it can hit #1 even without Ari's help. Girl you know Gaga is streaming poison :rip:  

On 8/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, KKCuteCat said:

The thing is you said it can hit #1 even without Ari's help. Girl you know Gaga is streaming poison :rip:  

Streaming poison and still one of the most streamed artists of the year. Chile... keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night sweetie 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.