Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 songs and a theme but I haven't made any sort of graphic yet for my entry :sadviolin:

Sent. Had a harder time with this because I was challenging myself for a specific reason.

STE

fibkRTc.png

I'm still missing 4 entries

Fruity / Astronomy / disruptive / Invisibility

However I am going to post the entries that I have for now, and I'll post the remainder in a separate batch.

PinkBox

https://www.instagram.com/pinkboxht/

True Friend – Hannah Montana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzm8SFGsd_I

Judas – Kelly Clarkson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kbowAKr5L8

Courage – Céline Dion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN-ZHOHmvcw

Hug

touya kinomoto

WSG.gif

PURPLE

For this round, I am basing my song choices around the color purple and some of the common symbolisms attached to it.

Lady Gaga - Money Honey

https://open.spotify.com/track/0htiMghFW3x5YGkduYT70e

One of the usual symbolisms attached to the color purple is wealth, luxury and royalty. Back in the olden times, purple dye was so precious and expensive that it only the rich and the royals can afford it.

Little Mix - Black Magic

https://open.spotify.com/track/33NHr7lu7tCMjK05jUj1v0

Another common symbolism attached to the color purple is magic. You would see a lot of mages, wizards and witches in media with a touch of purple in them

Sara Bareilles - Brave

https://open.spotify.com/track/6Uy6K3KdmUdAfelUp0SeXn

The last symbolism of purple that I want to highlight is bravery. The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the US Armed Forces who are injured or killed in the line of duty.

Gay Rat Divorce

coomy

COLOR: PURPLE

220px-Hannah_Diamond_Pink_and_Blue.jpg

1. Pink and Blue - Hannah Diamond

Pink + Blue = different shades of Purple (depending on the darkness of the colors)! But the theme doesn’t end here. Lavender is a light shade of purple that represents femininity, romantic energy, and delicacy. The song is all of the above, both sonically and lyrically. A darker shade of purple, however, represents gloom, sadness, and frustration - the song is also all of the above lyrically and melodically. The song explores the simultaneous cuteness and sadness of unrequited love, one where the protagonist is still in denial.

51R61fK6xgL._SX466_.jpg

2. You Don't Know What Love Is - 2000F & J Kamata

The genre of this song is called “Purple Sound,” a fusion of dubstep and wonky taking inspiration from Synth Funk and G-Funk. Purple means death and mourning in some cultures. This song represents an expansion of the despair and loneliness felt in the first song but no longer in denial, instead in mourning of the unrequited love not reciprocated by the partner/crush.

VroomVroomEP.png

3. Vroom Vroom - Charli XCX

The third of the trinity isn’t going to continue the downward spiral of love of the first two songs. Instead, the protagonist realizes that love isn’t the only thing worth living for - success doing what you love doing can also lend the same high. The “ride” part ties back nicely to the first song where Hannah asks the guy to “take [her] for a ride.” The “ride” is used here both as a sexual innuendo (like on Pink and Blue) and as the climb, or rather fast ascension, to fame, wealth, and royalty (the most popular meaning behind the color purple.) Oh, and the literal shout out to “Lavender” is also nice~

luckystrike

rBueMp4.jpg

(Warning: flashing lights)

(I’m a terrible video maker but I did my best)

(The 3 songs are in that video so the point is that you have to watch it to feel like you’re in an acid trip) 

(Songs timestamps are in the description in case you wanna skip)

Not Like The Movies

BLACK-LIVES-MATTER-Black-Power-Symbol.gi               black-lives-matter-protest-sign-sticker-       Black-BLACK-LIVES-MATTER-black-backgroun

For this round, I decided to choose a colour which means a lot to me as a black gay man. I know technically black is the absence of colour however in society black is definitely seen as a colour and for many people black has very symbolic, cultural and historic meanings for it. In light of the current climate in the world, I decided to pay tribute to the Black Lives Matter Movement in my entry today in this game. In my personal life, I am very vocal about black issues and the systemic racism which plagues the black community thus, this is a very personal topic to me and everyone should be informed and educated about the this injustice in the society we live in. The 3 songs I chose are reflective of the injustice that black people experience on a daily basis, the feeling of being resilient and standing up for yourself, they also reflect being proud and standing firm in your blackness and lastly it talks about the reality of the inequalities that are in the systems of government with respect to police brutality and Institutionalized racism.

1. Beyonce- Freedom ft Kendrick Lamar. 

This collaboration between Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar is undoubtedly a powerful song. Both artists are known to very vocal and open about their political views and activism. This song is a searing indictment towards police brutality and a tribute to the Black Lives Matter. For the entire song, both artists tackle the systemic racism and injustices in which African Americans face because of their skin colour. 'Freedom' is clearly an empowerment anthem. They are explicitly yearning for the freedom of their people who have been fighting for equality since slavery. Enough is enough and it is time to take back their power. We need to stand up together. 

2. Solange Knowles- Almeda 

This track by Solange ft the Dream and Playboi Carti is another black empowerment anthem but in a different style to Freedom. The essence of this song is describing and acknowledging the beauty and intricate details of being black. 'Almeda' highlights the unique and gorgeous physical features such as the skin colour and various hairstyles. This song is also a tribute to culture of African Americans whether it be by their religion, cultural traditions and norms. The song is also a tribute to Solange's home city and the impact of black people in that area. 'Almeda' is black empowerment at it's finest. All the artist contribute effectively to conveying the significant message. 

3. H.E.R - I Can't Breathe 

This song was written by H.E.R in response to the the police killings of unarmed black citizens and the widespread protests against police brutality and systemic racism. This song is an emotional song as the title used is the words used by George Floyd, one of the victims before his death. The song is done in a somber tone to reflect the pain and sorrow in the singer's heart as she is frustrated and tired of the injustice. The song's message is very explicit and H.E.R is hoping for change and she gives a potent and touching monologue to close the song. 

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

jU_k3p0pvqFrDd2AKyeg8Hs6wUp-oKncu_rpIsH9

InbornOrangeLacewing-size_restricted.gif

7556.png

Dessy

clue

kipperskipper

GOLD

The color that I have chosen is Gold. Gold can represent so many things like money and wealth, however, I selected songs that are about how valuable and precious life and love can be. In these songs the singers reflect "wealthy" they are with love and how valuable their time here on Earth is.

Golden Hour

um0VVZL.png?1

The trinity starts off with Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves. In this song Kacey sings about finding a love so rare and rich that it is priceless. This person lights up her world and she is completely enamored by his radiant love for her. She found her ray of sunshine and can't help but beam with happiness.

Venice Bitch

RXxQKKM.png?1

The next song in the trinity is Venice Bitch. In this song Lana sings about the mundanities of a simple life, but just how precious it can be, especially if you have a lover like she does. She treasures every moment with this person and  dreams about living a long life with them. Although she acknowledges that "nothing gold can stay" , she is aware that this life is dear and precious and she must cherish what she has, which to her is golden.

20 Something

o4s5XW4.png?1

The trinity closes with 20 Something. In this song SZA reflects on separating with a lover and how she now is completely on her own, which is a bit opposite from the previous two. I wanted to select a song that focuses on the value of one's self and how short life can be.This song is about fleeting youth and how precious time can be. Our 20's are a major time period in our lives. It is when you really start coming into your own and start making a life for yourself. SZA is having an existential reflection about coming into her own, all on her own. But she knows there is value in her and these years are like gold.

ughgabriel

“PINK PUFFS”

in theory, pink is perceived as a powerless red. So I thought of it as a powerless love (which red represents), therefore heartbreak is the theme. 
And of course I couldn’t take away the sweet quality that pink has. So, enjoy the treat!

I tried to reflect the emotions of each stage on the songs while giving them some optimism with a happier 80’s kind of sound. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18azs-wFUk6tzc7d9uavEPw9pgEAWplzfZbk5uDOjlqI/edit

Rotunda

Overprotected

RED is for communism!

Archivo:Flag of the Communist Party of the Philippines ...

Rina Sawayama - XS

For the first two songs I've selected songs that criticize and explore some of the problems on our current capitalist world and what better way to start than with the modern classic XS, a satirical song that mocks today's consumer culture while also talking about the downsides of it such as wanting so much we keep wasting earth's resources "And the price we paid is unbelievable and I'm taking in as much as I can hold" and making profits out of people's insecurities "make me less so I want more"

Kali Uchis - Just a Stranger

Up next we have a song about a woman that uses a guy for his money, however, even though the hook seems to be shaming her for doing so, Kali changes things up but telling her side of things in the verses.  "When bellies are hungry, but there ain't no money you get it and don't care how" In this ****ed up world people gotta do what they gotta do to survive. "And if you were her, you never know, I think you'd do it too but if it takes one to know one you must not have a clue" here she's dragging that rich guy who's not aware of his privilege and the state of things. She said eat the rich period.

U.S. Girls - Poem

Finally, while on the first two songs I wanted to showcase some of the issues of our capitalist world I wanted to end with an uplifting reflection on what we need to do to save the world which is communism! The lyrics here are pretty self-explanatory me thinks, Miss Meghan Remy knows we know what's good because it's in our nature, no one needs to make a profit, we can share :heart:

Auburn

Colour: Auburn :-*

f8f817647e6ca45fee58bb06689144e6.jpg

My trinity this round is dedicated to the historical stereotypes that have followed me and my fellow red-heads around. Let’s prove them right! :mandown:

Stereotype #1:

They have fiery tempers and sharp tongues.

Lindsay Lohan - Rumors

Stereotype #2:

They are playful, mischievous and lustful.
Geri Halliwell - Goodnight Kiss

Stereotype #3:

They have insatiable overtly sexual desires.

Rihanna - Skin

MLD

I have chromesthesia, which means I associate colors with music, and since I was young I've associated certain songs with colors. So as an added challenge for myself, I wanted to make sure that all three songs in my trinity also lined up with the color associated with my chromesthesia AND their usual associations. The color pink, as a result, has landed with the best results for me. With that said, here is my interpretation of the color pink. 

Pink is associated with being a friendly, caring and loving person. They are often seen as being very optimistic and can be easily impressed. In addition, the color pink in general is associated with love, peace and tranquility. So an incredibly uplifting song like You Gotta Be, with it's pure and simple instrumentation and Des'ree's soothing and welcoming vocals, this is a perfect fit for the start of this trinity. 

When it comes to loving someone, the color pink is usually associated with very strong emotions. People with shades of pink are usually into traditional love stories, and want themselves a classic love story. This brings us to our next song, I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis, which performs these emotions well and the amount of love Donna has for this person is matched up with how the color of pink is perceived

Now like all colors, there are going to be negative associations with the color pink. The color is usually associated with being young, innocent and naive. As a result, this leads to mistakes. Getting hurt and over-emotional is also associated with this color. Because while people with shades of this color will consider other people's feelings, they again can still get hurt, and getting over-emotional doesn't lead to the smartest decisions. And that's why I'm completing my trinity with Unpretty by TLC, which talks about being insecure about your beauty and physical appearance because of what other people want you to be, and they try so hard to please them that they end up being upset with themselves, unless they decide to leave the relationship or stop listening to the people that want them to be like this.  

But in the end, this is a color that ends up representing well-rounded and great people who aren't perfect (no one is), but will treat you the way you deserve to be treated and will love you unconditionally as long as you treat them right.

Astronomy

coollogo-com-24021797.gif

Picture

***WARNING: OPEN A PRIVATE WINDOW BEFORE CLICKING 'LISTEN HERE'

https://pinkbbyniki.weebly.com/

Astronomy

coollogo-com-24021797.gif

Picture

***WARNING: OPEN A PRIVATE WINDOW BEFORE CLICKING 'LISTEN HERE'

https://pinkbbyniki.weebly.com/

disruptive

g5kbnDD.png

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/10oP7yh4RONeSdWlpEJGll?si=xgFBCBNQSjG9VzmjdkzLPQ

For this entry I decided to use a blue to black gradient to represent Lucifer's story. The story is divided in three parts to match each of the songs, getting both darker and heavier as you go on.

1) Light-filled, ethereal heaven with Over The Rainbow

2) Descent to hell with Way Down We Go

3) Arrival to hell with Hell

MLD

PINK

I have chromesthesia, which means I associate colors with music, and since I was young I've associated certain songs with colors. So as an added challenge for myself, I wanted to make sure that all three songs in my trinity also lined up with the color associated with my chromesthesia AND their usual associations. The color pink, as a result, has landed with the best results for me. With that said, here is my interpretation of the color pink. 

Pink is associated with being a friendly, caring and loving person. They are often seen as being very optimistic and can be easily impressed. In addition, the color pink in general is associated with love, peace and tranquility. So an incredibly uplifting song like You Gotta Be, with it's pure and simple instrumentation and Des'ree's soothing and welcoming vocals, this is a perfect fit for the start of this trinity. 

When it comes to loving someone, the color pink is usually associated with very strong emotions. People with shades of pink are usually into traditional love stories, and want themselves a classic love story. This brings us to our next song, I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis, which performs these emotions well and the amount of love Donna has for this person is matched up with how the color of pink is perceived

Now like all colors, there are going to be negative associations with the color pink. The color is usually associated with being young, innocent and naive. As a result, this leads to mistakes. Getting hurt and over-emotional is also associated with this color. Because while people with shades of this color will consider other people's feelings, they again can still get hurt, and getting over-emotional doesn't lead to the smartest decisions. And that's why I'm completing my trinity with Unpretty by TLC, which talks about being insecure about your beauty and physical appearance because of what other people want you to be, and they try so hard to please them that they end up being upset with themselves, unless they decide to leave the relationship or stop listening to the people that want them to be like this.  

But in the end, this is a color that ends up representing well-rounded and great people who aren't perfect (no one is), but will treat you the way you deserve to be treated and will love you unconditionally as long as you treat them right.

test

Invisibility

80t6uqG.png

Orange is a color associated with determination and creativity, with a hint of the energy that lighter shades of the color bring. Based on this, I chose three songs that are filled to the brim with these characteristics, as portrayed by the marvelous musicians below.

A8sfH8t.png

"Hear the drums far away, its such a beautiful soundFeel the wind on my face, don't wanna loose what I've found"

In this song by Zimbabwean-British icon Shingai, she talks enthusiastically about the connection with home. For her, home is tied to the restless energy of drums and the wind. The creative aspect is shown as this song incorporates underground electronic elements with beauteous strings and her unique vocal melodies that are layered to resemble a choir. Is there anything more powerful than that?

dgjRGqO.png

"Oh my god, oh my! She fly"

Forever underrated British chanteuse Laura Mvula provides choruses that are bursts of empowering energy for all her sisters out there who don't realize their full potential is there. Once again, layers upon layers of melodies, electronica and whatnot are the soundscape of this determined song.

2KpXlf5.png

"They'll never take my power"

What's going on with mypower, tweeted Beyoncé Knowles-Carter one day. What else is more orange than the entirety of the Lion King remake? I ask. Bey enlists Busiswa, Moonchild Sanelly, Tierra Whack, Nija and Yemi Alade for this anthemic call of arms. Chanting is intertwinned with each voice taking over different experiences, but they are all driven by the determination only they know about. Lionesses!

what a great round :eek:

Damn, ok so I assume Google Docs is a good place to do this game with the way ATRL kind of screwed things up?

2 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Damn, ok so I assume Google Docs is a good place to do this game with the way ATRL kind of screwed things up?

I mean I don't want to force people to use Google Docs but I do think it would help a lot :skull:

I'll try my best to ensure the dignity of the entry itself when I go to post it but there have been issues that I can't seem to get past.  I think it would all be easier if there was a preview option so I could ensure it was fine before I post but until then I'm going to just post the entries, try to fix what I can, and when its good enough I'll tag everyone.

6 hours ago, Invisibility said:

I have 3 songs and a theme but I haven't made any sort of graphic yet for my entry :sadviolin:

so :cupid: you have an hourish

Submitted. Let me pray

Invisibility

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.