TROLLZ occupies the top 3

Nickimeetsatrl

15 hours ago, slw84 said:

No it's not. If that were the case there are a lot of remixes that failed to perform it's mission. Why are you comparing a remix that is sent out later in the songs charting to one out in it's initial week comparing oranges to tangerines. Remixes are out there for multiple reasons: the artistic reason and the other for peaks and longevity. I'm not getting your point of saying artist release remixes to get to #1...some artist have to in order to get to #1 but you seem to be conflating different ideas.

there's no point in pretending this is comparable to a remix released weeks or months into a song's success like Rockstar or even if a song is flopping and needs a remix to revamp it. 

The thing is: Billboard allows this. The issue started with billboard allowing bundles for albums and singles to tip the scales. You already have different eras of charting where there was a taint opening things up for manipulation but all those exist now and artist have now added bundles to include in a measurement of popularity when it doesn't actually measure popularity. It measures popularity + whatever stans decide to mass purchase which isn't a Hot 100/Billboard 200 objective. Otherwise, artists would release their singles for 10 cents and albums for 25 cents but there are reasons why those wouldn't count. Just like bot streams are discounted.

To me, there's no bigger irony in how Billboard has allowed the scales to completely tip over in now we are in a pandemic and all of the artists who can't do it organically have come out to scam the game.

THIS is why Billboard should have changed the rules correctly in the beginning of the bundles mess:bibliahh:

I love when my initial beliefs get proven. ATRLers tried to say otherwise but my point is proven with bundles as it was with double counting streaming and artist using certs of the double counting against older albums.

Trollz much like Savage, Say so, those forgettable travis song and that forgettable ariana/justing song continue to prove my point

Love that for me.

:celestial3:

You think I'm going to  bother reading that essay? You care WAY too much girl. Seethe!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nickimeetsatrl

• slw84

• HEAVYONIT

• Jimmy.

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, SignificantOther said:

The focus on the #1 is a bit desperate, especially knowing that it will fall out of the Top 10 next week and no one will care in three weeks. Artists should focus on getting real hits to build their legacy, not these one week #1s no one will remember anyways. 

But artists don't measure and rank the #s billboard does. Also, artist who do these things know they are not respected artists that care about real hits. You think Bieber and Ariana expected theirs to be a real hit. No, they want accolades even if they are * If an artist scams and games the system, its because Billboard allows it. It's gone from bundles to artists releasing various versions and remixes their first week. That happens because billboard allows it.

that's the issue...the scales have tipped over and we've seen this since the pandemic. It's not the artists fault for taken advantage of it...look how many people have put out multiple versions of songs within a week, bundles etc. since March. They clearly want it but Billboard won't accept an album  or single sold for less than a certain amount. People are going to continue to scam the game as long as it is allowed. 

18 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Barbz go hard :jonny2:

They actually don't.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

They actually don't.

giphy.gif

I'm sure you had a different opinion of the Monsters when they were buying the entire BTW album for $0.99 :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

I'm sure you had a different opinion of the Monsters when they were buying the entire BTW album for $0.99 :clap3:

Says the user streaming their entire fave's catalog from their free spotify account cause that's all they can afford.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

Says the user streaming their entire fave's catalog from their free spotify account cause that's all they can afford.

giphy.gif

Embarrassing...I pay for both Spotify AND Apple Music, and have bought over 20 copies of TROLLZ. SEETHE!!!!!!

stanning really is an illness huh

please save your money :priceless:

1 hour ago, Pheromosa said:

Really though, like y’all look foolish buying all those copies for a song you not gonna even listen to. That money could go to better use with all the starving kids in the world instead of giving it to a damn pedo. I really hate today’s society. 

3 hours ago, H-I-M said:

They actually don't.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Pheromosa said:

11 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Really though, like y’all look foolish buying all those copies for a song you not gonna even listen to. That money could go to better use with all the starving kids in the world instead of giving it to a damn pedo. I really hate today’s society. 

5 minutes ago, americanlife said:

There's an alternate edition?!! What the hell. Complete frauds.

The lashings :rip: 

2 hours ago, Serendipity said:

The lashings :rip: 

They could be donating that money to a charity or sick people from the virus. It’s really sad how people will blindly stan these celebrities to that extreme. I would never buy 20 copies of crap music. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.