? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

My comment was specifically at ceremonials, but if anyone else would like thoughts on a specific line, to expand on my thoughts on the song, or anything else I think they could work on generally speaking, just let me know.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @Hug

I have fond memories of PH1, so it was nice to have your comments give me those nostalgia feels :chick3:

Thanks for the comments @Hug! If you don't mind me asking, what were the parts of the song you weren't so sure about until listening to the recording?

Also, by bridge, did you mean Verse 3 (the rap?) I definitely agree I went a bit over-the-top there, but similar to Katrina, I feel like if I'm going to bother writing a rap, I want to be able to have the  space to actually say something, rather than just have some boring half-speed 8-bar verse for the sake of having it. I didn't want it to be pointless is what I'm trying to say, I guess. :laugh: 

Thanks @Hug :heart2: Yeah, I had a lot of fun writing this one because of the recording part and cause I forced my inner Sia to write for somebody else hihi! Fun fact: I got inspired by The Entity and It Follows, so yes I was (kind of) trying to make a soundtrack bop. The Love Me Like You Do of horror :nicole2:

Are we doing hints this round? :cupid: 

Edited by ughgabriel

6 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

@swiftie13 a nightclub at town is hosting a RBD party and I thought of how much you would live :heart2: 

Omg yassssss

Just now, swiftie13 said:

Omg yassssss

Come thru with the reviews king!

12 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Thanks for the comments @Hug! If you don't mind me asking, what were the parts of the song you weren't so sure about until listening to the recording?

Also, by bridge, did you mean Verse 3 (the rap?) I definitely agree I went a bit over-the-top there, but similar to Katrina, I feel like if I'm going to bother writing a rap, I want to be able to have the  space to actually say something, rather than just have some boring half-speed 8-bar verse for the sake of having it. I didn't want it to be pointless is what I'm trying to say, I guess. :laugh: 

By an ironic twist of fate, the chorus was the biggest example. It's definitely something that sounds better sung. Also the rap because even you said it looked like a lot, so I was like "okay..." then I actually listened to it and it worked a lot better than I thought it would. On the note of the rap, yes that's what I meant by bridge.

13 minutes ago, Hug said:

By an ironic twist of fate, the chorus was the biggest example. It's definitely something that sounds better sung. Also the rap because even you said it looked like a lot, so I was like "okay..." then I actually listened to it and it worked a lot better than I thought it would. On the note of the rap, yes that's what I meant by bridge.

Ah, I see. It's really hard to read it back without the melody once you have it in your head, but trying to do that I understand where you're coming from, especially with like the one-word lines and such. It seems a bit useless or lazy? And yeah, I knew I had to record it because of the rap because I honestly couldn't figure out how to format it without it being just a wall of text since basically the entire second half is continuous. :laugh: I'll keep these things in mind.

P.S. This is probably my last foray into the rap scene for the season, so you won't have to worry about any more of that. :eli: 

rumour has it atrl x factor season 2 doesn't know what's coming for it @ughgabriel :cupid:

The centuries line didn't really fit but I hope it at least made sense. @Hug

I don't really need you to expand unless you gave me a bad score :gaycat3:

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Gastrodonatella said:

The real mess is this disaster ass group in the finale. Why are people like @jpow eliminated when CORSOLA is still floating by?? And the gag is, she'll probably float along AGAIN.... If Temporal's reviews are any indication, that is. He's the judge always trying to get her ass eliminated (FOR. GOOD. REASON.) with the consistently low scores but the panel just LOVES to let us have a goddamn underdog in this competition when somebody else could be filling her spot. SHE'S AN UNDERDOG FOR A REASON :rip:  Anyway, good luck to the rest of you :smile: 

841e9d7fa9b66d2e1ea8dce498e26576.jpg

841e9d7fa9b66d2e1ea8dce498e26576.jpg

I didn't even notice the sunset sets thing :skull:  

The land rhyme was something I just didn't have time to change so good on you for picking that up :gaycat3: 

and yes, that was the mood I was going for. I never like to reduce my songs down to just one theme or mood, I like them to feel more complex because it feels more real to me to deal with multiple sides of a story. 

Wow the way this movie I just watched had me shook. It was serving concepts, though. Lemme steal one of them for a PH entry. :keir:

@ceremonials I'd have to have scores to do hints.

Wow the way I still can't think of anything except "in every constellation" and "blinded by illumination" are not even close to the same meter. Guess you're getting hints!

1. Take a wild guess

2. Aura Dione

3. casper

4. Cereal Killer

5. jacblo

6. funkymonkey

7. Corefield

If you have a problem with these hints, @ me

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

@Hug how did you like my entry compared to my past few? :gaycat3: 

Disappointed because this was your challenge to win and you didn't even take the opportunity.

Just now, Hug said:

Disappointed because this was your challenge to win and you didn't even take the opportunity.

no idea what you mean by this

R0pUXhR.gif 

Just now, Jackson said:

no idea what you mean by this

R0pUXhR.gif 

You're the only actual songwriter here yet you didn't take advantage of that.

You didn't have to sing to your instrumental, but the ones who did mostly did better in my hints so

R0pUXhR.gif 

Well that wasn't part of the challenge so frankly that's unfair 

R0pUXhR.gif 

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

Well that wasn't part of the challenge so frankly that's unfair 

R0pUXhR.gif 

What better way to show you were inspired by the instrumental than to actually sing to it? I had to do something because otherwise 6 of y'all would be tied for second.

R0pUXhR.gif 

15 minutes ago, Hug said:

What better way to show you were inspired by the instrumental than to actually sing to it? I had to do something because otherwise 6 of y'all would be tied for second.

R0pUXhR.gif 

Is this not a lyric writing competition where you score us on our lyrics?

R0pUXhR.gif

Even if I did try to record my song, there was literally no time since I was changing lyrics down to the last minute despite having started my song a few days ago 

R0pUXhR.gif

No shade to anyone but I've read a lot of the entries this week  and it's pretty obvious who did better than who without hearing any tracks, I can't think of anyone I would have tied 

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

Is this not a lyric writing competition where you score us on our lyrics?

R0pUXhR.gif

Even if I did try to record my song, there was literally no time since I was changing lyrics down to the last minute despite having started my song a few days ago 

R0pUXhR.gif

No shade to anyone but I've read a lot of the entries this week  and it's pretty obvious who did better than who without hearing any tracks, I can't think of anyone I would have tied 

I couldn't decide who to put 4th between you and ceremonials, you used tracks from the same album so you had the same inspirations. I also didn't see much different on a technical level, but maybe I would have if you recorded it.

R0pUXhR.gif