nope x

F. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

not my fave from his album but still great

G. Florence + The Machine - Hunger

really good

H. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

not the biggest rock fan but it's ok I guess

I. Mariah Carey - Honey

I don't like a single song by Mariah and this is no exception. lemme rank this last x

J. OOHYO - Pizza

an emo bop, we kinda stan

K. Alizée - Gourmandises

it's ok

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Navyofbadgals

• miguel

• thecptz

• touya kinomoto

Hi! First of all, thanks for everyone who has already sent their rankings! :heart2: Have of course not received all rankings so please do send me these (counts for both the judges and the contestants). You have now ~24 hours left to do this. Let me know if you can make that and please do send then. Oh and my critiques;

BAGELS' CRITIQUES

GROUP 1

A. Fickle Friends - Sugar - this was quite fun actually! Never heard of the song but liked it. I do feel like it is not fully there but cannot fully pinpoint what it needs. Nevertheless a solid effort

B. Kelis - Milkshake - literally a classic, and probably the first thought of many (which is why nearly everyone tried sending this lol). In all fairness Kelis has had better material, but you can't deny a classic when it's right in front of your face :clap3: 

C. Betty Who - Taste - very surprising to see Betty Who again after she was kinda panned in R1. I don't think it's nearly as bad as the R1 song, but it's just not a really nicely constructed song imo. It's so clashing and loud, without really earning its loudness. There is more potential than the R1 song, but she was best left in that round, in all fairness

D. NERD & Rihanna - Lemon - okay let's get one thing straight, I'm not just gonna praise this because you put a song with my fav artist.. but I'm going to praise it now anyways. Her verse is amazing (better than many rappers out there now), and this is pretty much everything TLIC wanted to be, and failed to do. Really started appreciating this over time and think it's one of her best (and most underrated) feats. Also NERDs only top 40, rihallah ha power

E. The Cardigans - Happy Meal II - Love that we have so many lesser known tracks, as compared to last round. I think it's risky to send this too, as you undoubtedly would've known it would be polarizing, but I really like this. Think this has a really nice instrumental, and the song is really just up my alley too. I'm really satisfied, tbh

F. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar - besides Kelis, this was easily the most sought after track too. I don't think was nearly as strong as the other Fine Line singles, but I still really enjoyed it. A really nice solid track. Not mindblowing, but in no way bad. Good choice

G. Florence + The Machine - Hunger - let me just say it.. high as hope (the album) was SO boring. I will say, that Hunger is easily one of the standouts, and I quite like this (mostly because it has some life in it, compared to other tracks), so that's good, but I'm not fully in love.

H. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me - everyone calling this a classic.. I'm so ashamed but idk this song plss jsjsj.

tenor.gif

anyways it doesn't have that classic factor to me then anyways, so I'm just gonna say it, I'm not str8 enough for this

I. Mariah Carey - Honey - mess ehm this group is really good huh? I love this, really nice

J. OOHYO - Pizza - this is cute! idk what to say, but I do like this

K. Alizée - Gourmandises - I'm actually kind of a sucker for nicely executed french pop :mandown:  but.. this sounds so dated plss.. the early 00s vibes are thick on this one. Will say, besides that, that it's a fun-ish song. But if I were to make a playlist of songs from this list, I'm not sure if this would make the cut 

GROUP 2

a. Robin Schultz - Sugar - I am sure that at one point this was a nice song, but radio overplayed this so much where I am from, and thank god we got rid of these low-energy DJ tracks. Not a huge fan

b. Alexandra Stan - Lemonade - :thing: this does nothing for me. It's I guess not that offensive, but it's.. just there? I do think it has a nice summery vibe to it, but the instrumental isn't that great so ehm yeah

c. AURORA - Apple Tree - I know I probably should be the last one to say this with the music I stan sometimes.. but this is way too pretentious for my liking :thing: does nothing for me at all jsjssj. I like the attempt at being risky tho.. I guess?

d. Harry Styles - Kiwi - While everyone was fighting for Watermelon Sugar.. almost no one was fighting for this (besides a select few).. it's almost sad you know, because this one is lowkey better (think both are decent though but whatevs). This is such a fun track. He had the old rock dudes sweating with how he bodied this yup yup yup

e. Robyn - Honey - I probably shouldn't say it.. but I only liked two tracks from this album sjsjsj. That said.. this song is one of those two so :cm: This is such a solid track, and one of the best entries this round. Really good choice, one that's not overly basic, but also appealing enough for everyone to like.

f. Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner - love  a good usage of some vocoder, and this created what I believe to be one of the best 'recent' britney tracks. Really like this cover!

g. The Chordettes - Lollipop - please I'm so SO sorry but I scrihmed when I saw this sjsjs. I.. think there is a fun throwback concept to this, but like.. ehm.. yeah it's.. an old song.. and you hear it. I feel like you just googled food songs and of course the old people making the lists would probably feature this.

h. FIESTAR - Apple Pie - verses are a bit basic, but love the chorus. Nice lil track, nothing too special though

i. Marina - Orange Trees - it's okay. I love how cute-ish it is, but this is also almost offensively generic. Overall.. not bad at all, not that great either

j. James Bay - Pink Lemonade - I like this, a well executed risk :clap3: 

k. Troye Sivan - Plum - this is... so boring :rip: that lil troye faget boring me idc idc idc

In other news, a new Gourmet Makes was posted yesterday and it was amazing once again. Does the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen ever lose????

also kudos to group 1 (no shade to group 2), who was considerably better :cm: 

Just now, prézli said:

I told ya I can't do this round.

sjsjs I forgot sorry sis

Hope you're doing okay and everything went well btw

A. Fickle Friends - Sugar

I don't really care for this srry x

B. Kelis - Milkshake

We luv an iconic classic

C. Betty Who - Taste

You know what... I actually kinda like this, sue mi!

D. NERD & Rihanna - Lemon

Kind of a bop? But not really my style either

E. The Cardigans - Happy Meal II

I was gonna say an attempt was made... but I'm not even sure :monkey:

Eh... I don't really care for Harry, but I kinda like this at the same time? Like not crazy over it, but it's cute (the chorus is annoying tho)

This is nice! I like it a lot!

In THIS gay ass website? It's a no from my luv

I. Mariah Carey - Honey

We luv an iconic classic [2]

J. OOHYO - Pizza

You know what, I expected this to be a troll entry from the title and the visuals, but it's actually a v cute song!

K. Alizée - Gourmandises

Gonna rank this high to support my French girls x

367dqGs.gif367dqGs.gif367dqGs.gif

a. Robin Schultz - Sugar

it's cute but it's kinda going nowhere hmm

b. Alexandra Stan - Lemonade

nn this is okay. HATE the beat/drop or whatever that is tho :biblio:

c. AURORA - Apple Tree

urgh queen of dancing :clap3: i really enjoyed this song!

d. Harry Styles - Kiwi

it started out very well but i was annoyed by this at the end of the song :katie: watermelon sugar >>>>>>>

e. Robyn - Honey

omg the talent :weeps:

f. Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner

a cute bop! enjoyed it

g. The Chordettes - Lollipop

i'm a sucker for an oldies :weeps: LUV it! i want to know who sent in this because i love you :weeps:

h. FIESTAR - Apple Pie

oh we going kpop. its not bad but its not that good either lol x

i. Marina - Orange Trees

AHHHH one of like three songs (?) i use from this album. this is amazing!

j. James Bay - Pink Lemonade

not that bad tbh

k. Troye Sivan - Plum

not that bad tbh [2] i remember it sounded worse in the album

367dqGs.gif367dqGs.gif367dqGs.gif

@Element @luckystrike @Overprotected @kipperskipper

@touya kinomoto @Astronomy @Disruptive

hi you guys have yet to send your rankings, so letting you know that the official deadline is in ~9 hours (6PM EST). Please send OR let me know if you can't make it. I'm always willing to extend it, but failing to send altogether will as always result in a penalty

x

working on my rankings now. sorry for the deeeelay

the comeback room better be a song title with a color in it without the letter g in it so nobody can use green light and I can win with the amazing entry I found

tumblr_om2cv8xKhy1v6bs4yo1_250.gifv

TOUYA'S CRITIQUES

GROUP 1

Spoiler

A. Fickle Friends - Sugar

- wait this is cute. i like it.
B. Kelis - Milkshake

- a classique! queen of food!
C. Betty Who - Taste

- why does this sound dated? also it doesn't go anywhere.
D. NERD & Rihanna - Lemon

- thank god for rih. she made this song so much better.
E. The Cardigans - Happy Meal II

- it tells an inch resting story. a cute song.

- i kinda find him overrated. but ngl, this is a good song.

- do you think this will appeal to me knowing she was in my sig? yes, you are right. sksksk no but srsly speaking, this is definitely a great choice.

- ooh some masc4masc classique! this sounds so much better on spotify with it's remastered version.
I. Mariah Carey - Honey

- honesty hour: i always forget how this song sounds. but every time i listen to it, i am reminded how classique mc served bops.
J. OOHYO - Pizza

- now hawld awn, this is a bop. cute storytelling and the production, stellar!
K. Alizée - Gourmandises

- c'mon frenchies, let's get sickening. this is cute.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

A. Robin Schultz - Sugar

- what is this prayer in c rehash? this is just such a bore.
B. Alexandra Stan - Lemonade

- let me be cute with my comment and just say that this is no mr. saxobeat. also why is this not available on spotify in the philippines?
C. AURORA - Apple Tree

- this is the into the unknown songstress, yes? this is cute.
D. Harry Styles - Kiwi

- harry serving big masc4masc energy. i actually like this, feels like a modern take on the beatles or sumthin. thank god you chose good harry styles songs this round.
E. Robyn - Honey

- 2018 was really good year for females, no? kacey, janelle, mitski. ooh and miss robyn here served the most. 10s 10s 10s across the board especially with this song.
F. Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner

- this is britney right? omg this is cute but i like the dna remix better, sorry not sorry.
G. The Chordettes - Lollipop

- omg i-... let me just zip my mouth shut.
H. FIESTAR - Apple Pie

- c'mon kpop! it's cute but nothing extraordinary.
I. Marina - Orange Trees

- the repetition of orange in the song almost turned me off. but overall, this is okay. generic but inoffensive.
j. James Bay - Pink Lemonade

- come the pull through, mr. bay. this is a solid choice for me.
k. Troye Sivan - Plum

- this is okay, almost basic. very middle-of-the-pack entry.

Edited by touya kinomoto

let me just say that group 1 WIPED THE FLOOR with group 2. if you are in the first group and i ranked you low, it doesn't mean your entry is bad. i dislike only one song and the rest were great to okay at the very least.

the other group on the other hand, only a few (what, three or four songs?) entries totally stood out. the rest were okay to let's-not-talk-about-it kind lol

Edited by touya kinomoto

So.....can we just have a double elimination from Group 2, and keep all of Group 1?

CRITIQUES

GROUP 1

Spoiler

Fickle Friends - Sugar

don't care for this. it's cute but boring at the same time.

Kelis - Milkshake

that was a classic.gif

Betty Who - Taste

this is a BOP, wheeeeew :jonny5: great choice!

NERD & Rihanna - Lemon

Another major bop. Rihanna's part  >>>>>

The Cardigans - Happy Meal II

this sounds like background music. but like the good type of background music. definetely not the worst entry but will probably end up in the middle of the ranking.

Harry Styes - Watermelon Sugar

great ****ing song and choice for the round, whew :clap3: Stream 'Fine Line'.

Florence + The Machine - Hunger

i've always wanted to get into Florence but have never actually tried nn. That said, this is SOOOOO ****ing good. The production, the vocals, the lyrics... will probably end up at #1 for me 

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

ok, i LOVE this :jonny5: legends

Mariah Carey - Honey

this is cute, i love the high notes towards the end.

OOHYO - Pizza

this is essentially elevator music with cringy lyrics

Alizée - Gourmandises

yeah i don't like this, boring af.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

Robin Schultz - Sugar

Ahhhhhh, this CLASSIC. The superior Sugar >>>>>

Alexandra Stan - Lemonade

i almost forgot to rank/critique this bc it's not on Spotify and i was leaving it for the end nn. Anyway, it's cute, nothing special.

AURORA - Apple Tree

oh wow, this is so interesting. i quite like it

Harry Styles - Kiwi

Y1Bj1E2.gif

Robyn - Honey

a bop, the superior Honey this round >>>

Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner

the 'Centuries' sample (ik that's not the original sample, but still), i'm- 

anyway, the vocals are tragic, the drop is dated as hell, and they did the sample WRONG

The Chordettes - Lollipop

ooop, i hadn't heard this CLASSIC in SO long :jonny2: 

it's cute

FIESTAR - Apple Pie

this issa bop, whew. solid entry :clap3: 

MARINA - Orange Trees

this is cute, but goes nowhere. very middle of the road for me.

James Bay - Pink Lemonade

i love this, James is so talented, really good choice :clap3: 

Troye Sivan - Plum

this is a bop, one of my favorite in that album. great entry xo.

1 minute ago, Astronomy said:

Astro Critiques 

Group 1 

Reveal hidden contents

A. Fickle Friends - Sugar - Oh this was actually cute. I saw the artist name and lowkey thought it would be some cringey indie group that tries to standout but just comes off as ridic, but I was pleasantly surprised. I like it quite a bit, actually! 

B. Kelis - Milkshake - CLASSIC. CLAAAAAAASSIC!!! Hey, queen! Girl, you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I'd say I'm surprised, but I know who you are. I've seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud, and I love you.

C. Betty Who - Taste - We.... Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I don't like Betty, but she has some cute songs here and there (especially on her debut) but girl, what is this failed attempt at being some song that would be played during a sex scene on like Dynasty or something. The production in the chorus is literally louder than her voice - no ma'am. I'm gonna hard pass on this. 

D. Rihanna (& N.E.R.D.) - Lemon - WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW. Great song when I heard it, still a great song now. Let me shake my ass real quick. I GET IT HOW I LIVE IT. WAIT A MINUTE!!!

E. The Cardigans - Happy Meal II - At first, I was like who the ****? But then I realized it's them "Love me, love me, say that you love me!!" People. The song is a cute listen and definitely not what I expected to find in this round ffff. I like it though, it's a standout for me.

F. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar - I wasn't too keen on this song when I first heard it, ngl. But then some guy I thought was cute kept bringing it up so I gave it another shot and was like, waiT. It's really pleasant to listen to tbh. 

G. Florence + The Machine - Hunger - I remember hearing someone complain that this was terrible and I didn't listen to Florence so I didn't give a shot to this song, but this is actually really... cute? I wouldn't go out my way to listen to it, but I'm not begging for it to stop. I wouldn't mind if it played in the background.

H. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me - For those of you who don't know this bop, this makes me want to be a STRIPPER. I used to think if I dropped out of college that I'd strip under the name Bambi and dance to this. So... Classic.

I. Mariah Carey - Honey - Hey, queen! Girl, you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I'd say I'm surprised, but I know who you are. I've seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud, and I love you. That is all. It's Mariah, like.

J. OOHYO - Pizza - We... I didn't expect this to be a nice lo-fi sounding song. I stan wtf. Let me add it to my spotify playlist, thank u bitch wth.

K. Alizée - Gourmandises - This sounds really dated to me, and like, it isn't bad, but I don't love it fff. It's okay I guess. 

Group 2

Reveal hidden contents

a. Robin Schultz - Sugar - UM. NO. **** NO. What we're not gonna do is RUIN Suga Suga. HELL NO. Burn this with FIRE. Baby Bash deserves BETTER. NO. Where is that vine of the mom screaming NO! 

b. Alexandra Stan - Lemonade - The decline in quality already... :skull: This sounds so old and dated. I'm gonna hard pass on this too.

c. AURORA - Apple Tree - at least we're going a step in the right direction after the last two. I don't really care for Aurora's voice but this is much better than the last two. It's cute, I guess. The chorus has a nice beat shift 

d. Harry Styles - Kiwi - Not y'all RUNNING to use poor Harry. However, this is not one of the Harry songs I like it. I hate the production of his voice fff. 

e. Robyn - Honey - I swear if this is the only GOOD song in this group... DQ them all Bagels. I loved this album a lot. Like a LOT. This is one of the highlights, no doubt. 

Image result for amazing lady gaga gif

f. Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner - LMAOOOOOO. Why am I not surprised someone sent this? It isn't awful and Britney sounds decent despite the fact she is vocoder'd to hell. Still better vocals than Blowj*b Jean (since these are actually her's, kii). It isn't bad whatsoever, might be top 3 for me given how bad some of this group is wksefhwergf

g. The Chordettes - Lollipop - LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why this song? I'm screaming. I don't hate this song at all, it's so cute and catchy kwdwef. I'm stanning

h. FIESTAR - Apple Pie - I mean... Sure? It's better than 60% of the round so you kind of did that! I wouldn't go out my way to play this outside of the round, but it ain't bad. 

i. Marina - Orange Trees - Was Froot taken and I didn't know? Cause... LMAO. Next, please. 

j. James Bay - Pink Lemonade - I was wondering what happened to this man after that really boring ballad he did a few years ago. This isn't bad at all, and I quite like it. 

k. Troye Sivan - Plum - ... I forget how bland Troye can really be. I mean, it isn't as horrible as I expected but meh. It's better than most of this group. So kudos to you FF. 

Well... :bibliahh: the contrast of groups is taking me out

@Element @Witch Privilege @rl231 @kiiwii  @Overprotected @Moonlightbae @Psycho  @Staryu @Alena @luckystrike  @shelven @thecptz  @minho @Legend E  @PinkBox  @kipperskipper @Clueless  @MusicLoverDude @Not Like The Movies @Hug @Evy @bestfiction

also pls send @Element ; on time xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.