7 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

HIGH

Reveal hidden contents

2nd place

It's not Living by @clue

CA: 2

JA: 2,6

AVG: 2,3

ugh can't believe we let you through to the finale :monkey: you won this time!

next up is LOW because no bitches are safe this round :kii2poor: 

Aw omg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Navyofbadgals

• miguel

• thecptz

• touya kinomoto

• ATRL Moderator

Shelven two time WINNER

Element zero time WINNER

the choice is easy if you want to win the finale!!!

Okay much love to both of you @shelven and @Element, and this sucks because I'm friends with both of you at this point, and you two are just good people. We're ultimately at the end game here, so this truly does bite, but I'm going to SAVE...

@Element

@shelven, I am SO SO SO SO SORRY. I never wanted to choose between you and Ellie, and I wish it was a finale with all 5 of us because we all truly deserve it.

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny6: thank u rl231

revenge for Gaby Z!!!!

FINALE

My fab four! Congrats on making it so far. For the finale I want you to give it all you got, so this finale consists of 3 different things. You can submit them seperately (in case you want to be the first one to snag a certain song), but please make it clear for what part you're sending.

PART 1 - SOTC (song of the competition)

This part is not anonymous, as you will get a chance to plead your case, along with ONE song that you sent in during the course of the competition, which you believe to be your best effort in the competition thus far. Think what was well-received, or was a very surprising entry for everyone. Please keep your plea as short as possible

this is the only part where if you want to, you can plea your case; no text for the other 2 parts thanks x

PART 2 - What I Wanted

Were you desperately trying to show off someone, or a song, but never got the chance because of the theme? Now is your chance. No themes, and easy letters, 

Send me an album track with the following letters VANISHED from both the song title, and the artist's name

X, Y, Z

PART 3 - 2018

Rihmember round 1, where you had to send in an album track from a 2019 album.. well let's do that again.. but now with 2018 albums! This is your chance to show how much you've grown, with doing a similar round with which we started!

Send me an album track from an album from 2018

with the following letters VANISHED from the artist's name

A, B, C

And the following letters VANISHED from the song title

D, E

Definitely a bit harder, but it is the finale after all :fan: NO letters will be taken away so don't even start xo

DEADLINE: 3rd of April, 6PM EDT

Whoever wins this round, wins the game, period! 

xoxo

@clue @rl231 @Element @Staryu

YAS GABY WON

5 minutes ago, rl231 said:

@shelven, I am SO SO SO SO SORRY. I never wanted to choose between you and Ellie, and I wish it was a finale with all 5 of us because we all truly deserve it.

what about 6? i deserved it too!!!! :fish2:

Welp.

thecptz

Jk I love you @rl231 :heart2: I made it WAY farther in this game than I ever expected (I was very convinced I had no chance of making it to the Top 10 :rip:), so I'm satisfied. Good luck fatties!!! And thanks for hoesting @Navyofbadgals, even though you bully me in Discord DMs sometimes, this was v fun :heart2:

Also this finale seems like a lot of work anyways

2 minutes ago, shelven said:

PERIOD! 
just what I wanted :fan:

anyways thx for playing sis ? you did great

35 minutes ago, shelven said:

Welp.

thecptz

Jk I love you @rl231 :heart2: I made it WAY farther in this game than I ever expected (I was very convinced I had no chance of making it to the Top 10 :rip:), so I'm satisfied. Good luck fatties!!! And thanks for hoesting @Navyofbadgals, even though you bully me in Discord DMs sometimes, this was v fun :heart2:

Love you too (and don't take it out on me in Spoon haha - but you'll win anyways and I'll flop there lmfao) :heart2: 

LfuWutp.gif

LfuWutp.gif

baby z critiques

part one

Spoiler

a. element - Janelle Monáe - Screwed (feat. Zoë Kravitz)

lmao, a very creative way for this part. while everyone says yes this is me, i'm the best, i'm very versatile, shut up bottom, element comes thru and said THIS IS A ****ED UP WORLD **** CORONA!!! what a great song and a song of the season too! (even though pink is kinda my opinion on your song of the season :eli:)

b. Staryu - Angèle - Flou

urgh yes i agree with your explanation. this should be the game that we discovered new music and new artists that we havent heard before so period staryu! for the song, its just okay i guess. its a cute bop but just like astro said, its just there

c. clue - Yves Tumor - Kerosene!

well it didnt surprise me since i knew YOU sent it :eli: congrats on your 3 wins this season! i'd love to be in the finale with you but this is another way to be in the finale with you i guess. anyway, this song is so good and i still cant believe how it got a LOW placement. you made me appreciate this kind of indie alternative~ songs more. thank YOU for that clue :heart2:

d. rl231 - Mitski - Nobody

awwww rl :heart2: you definitely took the risk since i needed to save you in the bottom twice :eli: but you still won the round twice too! what an achievement! this is such a good song~ loved it when it won and still love it now. you picked a fantastic choice for this first part rl :smitten:

part two

Spoiler

a. Banks - Godless

this is just.... so fantastic. it deserves the WORLD :jonny: the way she sings into my existence, i'm still shaking from this urgh. what an experience listening to this song and great job!

b. Tame Impala - The Moment

while godless is very element, this is very clueless kii. well, this is a cute sing. i don't really have any comments for this song apart from its a very cute sing. BUT OMG. the outro omg i'm listening with headphones and i am SHOOK. ****.

c. Ciara f/ Nicki Minaj - Livin It Up

well this is SO basic AND dated. i dont know why you wanted to send in this song in the first place when i'm sure that there must be many good song choices out there. welp. disappointed.

d. Frank Ocean - Self-Control

wow this is very interesting entry and its kinda sad in some ways :emofish: urgh suddenly, i want to be in my feelings and stream pure heroine and melodrama non stop. really like this one :heart2: nice choice!

part three

Spoiler

a. Poppy - Iconic

AHHHH miss poppy :heart2: well this song is so poppy and i enjoy it a lot even though i find the chorus kinda annoying when the first one hits but its getting better as the song goes :jamming:

b. MØ - I Want You

AHHHHHHHHH first of all, i freaking love this album. it makes me feel nostalgic everytime i listen to it :heart2: so this album always has a special place in my heart. and this song, i LOVE this song. what a flop queen mø.

c. Lissie - Crazy Girl

hmm this is a bit boring. i don't know why. i tried to like it but i just can't. sorry!

d. Low - Always Trying to Work It Out

a cackle. while i appreciated that you def took a risk, this left me kinda meh. it has some interesting points, but whew chile.

that's all for me! may the best gays/straight wins! :cm:

its been fun playing with yall and everyone is a deserving winner

@rl231 @clue @Staryu @Element

LfuWutp.gif

• ATRL Moderator

@thecptz i almost sent pink for SOTC!! Love that song tbh

5 minutes ago, Element said:

@thecptz i almost sent pink for SOTC!! Love that song tbh

pink best entry yup yup

Lmfao I almost submitted one of the songs in part 2 instead - won’t say which one but definitely an awesome choice!

• ATRL Moderator

Similarly, I encountered two of the songs for part 3 and almost sent them!! Glad I didn’t lol

• ATRL Moderator
38 minutes ago, clue said:

Say which ones, we’re not ranking them anyway!

I will say that I found every song except for D

BAGELS CRITIQUES

Part One

Spoiler

a. element - Janelle Monáe - Screwed (feat. Zoë Kravitz) - 

Love this song, and a good choice :heart2: Let me just say, first of all, you should be proud of yourself, whilst you may have never won, you are easily one of the more consistent contestants out there, with the most high placements of all (even when we include WINs in high placements as well if that makes any sense so yeah x). Screwed is a lovely song, I will say, that this was your chance to tell me why you should win, the song already told me a part of that, but I would've loved to hear more about your VL experience! Nevertheless, a good job and good song choice.

b. Staryu - Angèle - Flou

hi ily, so let's talk song. Flou is lovely, I absolutely love Angele's album and flou is a great song from it. I like how you discovered this through VL, which with these contests about songs, is one of the main goals. Especially with the restrictions on both theme and letters, it asks you to search for new things, or things you haven't listened to in a while. That's why I like the choice of Flou here, because it represents the contest very well! Could you have picked stronger songs.. maybe so. I think it's still a really nice song, but I mostly like it for the reason why you chose it.

c. clue - Yves Tumor - Kerosene! -

hi clue! I think I once said that once you ended in the bottom that it's OVER for you.. but.. you never did. You easily have the most impressive portfolio of all the contestants here, and I think that should be applauded. No bottoms, and the most wins is mad impressive. I like this choice, its similar to Flou, but a lot more ballsy. This game is about surprising yourself because of the limitations there are, and I think you proved a lot of times that these limitations weren't limitations for you. This song is nice, and I think that whilst I didn't love every song you sent, I still appreciated them in some way. None were just plain bad, and I think you should, just like the rest, be very proud :heart2: 

d. rl231 - Mitski - Nobody

hi Rl :heart2: for starters, song choice.. well you know my feelings about this one :eli: absolutely love Nobody, and it's a perfect way to be a sad song, but not be the obvious sad song, and in doing so became relatable to so many people. Anyways about VL now.. you took some risks (some rather stupid, like sending in p!nk, no offense), but you stayed around, and you also have some amazing songs, including two wins near the end. Also a strong start with a lot of high placements, you undoubtedly deserve to be there. I think you should be proud of yourself and this is a great choice :heart2: 

Part two

Spoiler

Banks - Godless

Cute! I think some of the effects are a bit.. too much, but it's not too distracting. This is pretty cute. Would I say this is the best song i've ever heard and that I really missed this season? Not really, but it's cute.

Tame Impala - The Moment

whew :jonny2:  whoever hosts the next season needs to do some psychedelic rock round because this, as I already knew, is still amazing. Good choice

Ciara - Livin It Up

This.. is.. a bit of an odd choice? It's not good enough for now, it's a bit basic tbh

Frank Ocean - Self Control 

def a good choice.. this is easily one of his best songs. This.. yeah this hits huh

Part three

Spoiler

Poppy - Iconic

Yeah I agree this reminds me a bit off an off-brand grimes song :deadbanana: but that is.. not really the worst thing to be called. This is cute and interesting. I'm not crazy for it, but this, with all the restrictions, is a cute pick

MO - I Want You

Cute, nice little bop. Not my fav song of hers ever, but this is still nice.

Lissie - Crazy Girl

Like seeing an artist here that I never heard of it, the only downside is that I will probably never hear of her again because this is rather boring hm. sorry

Low - always trying to work it out

we love a riské entry, I think it has some really nice parts.. but it feels too disjointed for me to really enjoy :dancehall: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.