Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

Thankyou so much judges!!

@Lazuli - I totally got your point about the album side of it, although it wasn't released until a year after RLAP and that was the only reason I checked it out, I wasn't going to lie and pick another song so just had to hope the risk payed off :)

Taking all the feedback into the next round but overall very pleased with my first round in the game.

Congrats on the very deserved first place @shelven, your essay was incredible and it's inspired me to go into a lot more depth (so thankyou for that!) 

Sad to see @Sempiternal go :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

41 minutes ago, shelven said:

Also, sorry to see you go, @Sempiternal :emofish: Hopefully you'll play again next season and come back stronger since you definitely seem to have the passion for the game!

Hopefully i can use same album next time tho since the black is only album that inspires me and helps me live through hard times

1 hour ago, Queen Conchita said:

@Lazuli - I totally got your point about the album side of it, although it wasn't released until a year after RLAP and that was the only reason I checked it out, I wasn't going to lie and pick another song so just had to hope the risk payed off :)

I see where you're coming from, but sometimes it's better to tell a story that nails the question instead. :duck: 

2 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

I see where you're coming from, but sometimes it's better to tell a story that nails the question instead. :duck: 

Ahh okay! Thankyou for the feedback!

@Sempiternal You seemed very passionate about this game, so it's very sad to see you leave.  But if you'll play in a future season, then I'd advise you to read the challenge carefully and understand what is being asked.  You are able to connect to your reader and be expressive, but it's just that you missed the point both times.  Will see you around. :hughard:

Edited by Kavish

I already know what the next round will be! Update coming tonight!

Love is coming

Either 'Love' or 'It Ain't Me' will be the next round.

You guys are so wrong. This round has never been done before. Get ready to work!

11 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

Thanks for having me as a guest Pedro. 

WdIg0.gif

Thank YOU for returning to the show. I appreciate your commitment!

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Many of you are already speculating on what round three will be all about. I've seen the guesses but I am afraid to say no one got it right... But we'll get there. Last night we had to say our first goodbye to Sempiternal who left the game after playing two rounds with Asking Alexandria's "The Black". We seriously hope you had a good time because we loved having you here!

And before getting into the round itself, let's review the rules.

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

Every Tuesday, the eliminated contestant will be announced along with a new round. Every Thursday, the entries will be posted. Every Sunday, the results will be posted.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

PLUS: TBA.

round3.png

hello.png

I seriously hope you still are in that GRAMMYs mood because you will need that inspiration. It has been a week since the most important (and unreliable… Oops!) music ceremony was held and let’s be honest... You must be one of the two: a fan of Adele who still is over the moon with her wins or a Rihanna fan who still is bitter about the results. That’s ok, though! We won’t need your opinion on that.

Instead, you will need to bring in that masterpiece from your album and present it to us as a potential Record Of The Year winner. You are your own judge on justifying why is that song worth a GRAMMY award for Record Of The Year, so be fierce, surprise us and take chances. Unlike last round, remember to be general and not specific because a Record Of The Year is not only based on a personal opinion. If you'd like check out what Wikipedia has to say about Record Of The Year.

Explain your choice in no more than 200 words.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

DEADLINE

February, 23rd

Good Luck!

Just Record of the Year? Not Pop Vocal Performance or Song of the Year? 

4 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Just Record of the Year? Not Pop Vocal Performance or Song of the Year? 

No. Record Of The Year can easily outshine those due its "complexity"!

Just now, Pedro said:

No. Record Of The Year can easily outshine those due its "complexity"!

Ok. No worries. 

I'll just go ahead and research the past winners of that award so that I can figure out what works best.=

Even if I'm eliminated this time, I'll still have the real Record of the Year. #oops :eli: 

@Kavish - You misinterpreted that line of my essay where I talked about her personality being all kind and sweet. I was talking about how she is as a person, not how she comes off on the album. I guess I should have clarified that better. 

**** I should of left RLAP for this round:deadbanana3:

didn't realise atrl stars out swearing lol

Edited by Queen Conchita

Ooh, interesting. This is the first round where one song didn't immediately pop into my head - I have two or three songs that I could use for this. I'll have to think on this one a bit more.

I didn't even watch the Grammys but imma pretend I watched it :gaycat2: 

So confused by this round being from the UK and have never watched anything to do with the GRAMMY's. Is ROTY all to do with the production, instrumental etc rather than the lyrics? Or can we mention the lyrics too? @Pedro

Edited by Queen Conchita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.