H100: Truth Hurts #1, You Need To Calm Down #4, Lover #10

Renan90

6 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I would rather have Swift debut a little smaller and last a lot longer than what happened with her Reputation.

This doesn't make sense as reputation never left the chart and is 4X platinum eligible, faster than Speak Now too.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• sakisfan16

• marsblyr

• bbbrndn

The fact that this seems like a flop to some (including me at first) simply speaks to how incredible her career is/has been. This completely makes sense given that it's 2019 and this album didn't have really huge hits compared to her previous releases. Very impressive yet again Taylor, congrats!!! :clap3:

12 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I would rather have Swift debut a little smaller and last a lot longer than what happened with her Reputation.

And yet Lover won’t have even half the overall success or longevity that Reputation did. Her singles have massively bombed on every format, and she doesn’t have the public’s good will anymore. All she has left is her (still) massive, but shrinking fan base that will buy her material no matter how unpalatable it is.

A DECLINE is a DECLINE.  DECLINE in US opening week sales (Adele WILL cross 1M solidifying herself as the one and ONLY Queen of the 1M opening week club) and a DECLINE in #1 hot100 singles (aka ZERO this era, couldn't even dethrone a forgettable months-old trap song). Oh my my my. :foxaylove3:

12 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

A DECLINE is a DECLINE.  DECLINE in US opening week sales (Adele WILL cross 1M solidifying herself as the one and ONLY Queen of the 1M opening week club) and a DECLINE in #1 hot100 singles (aka ZERO this era, couldn't even dethrone a forgettable months-old trap song). Oh my my my. :foxaylove3:

THIS POST I'M HOWLING :bibliahh:

40 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

Did you get enough of the attention you desperately wanted?

40 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

:rip:

28 minutes ago, itsjem said:

THIS POST I'M HOWLING :bibliahh:

The truth can be funny at times. :foxaylove3:

6 minutes ago, itsjem said:

The desperation too sweetie :foxaylove2:

Nope, not everyone is up Taylor's ass.  Especially since that day KimK exposed her as a liar and a *****. :foxaylove3:

Edited by Mons†erMuscle™

1 hour ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

LADY GAGA ● BEYONCÉ ● AALIYAH ● SADE ● SHIRLEY BASSEY ●

4 minutes ago, Ribs said:

LADY GAGA ● BEYONCÉ ● AALIYAH ● SADE ● SHIRLEY BASSEY ●

Aww that's all you got? :bibliahh:

Yes those are my favs. Who got legendary status by their talent and/or impact on pop culture vs “well she sold allot”. :foxaylove3:

Edited by Mons†erMuscle™

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

And yet Lover won’t have even half the overall success or longevity that Reputation did. Her singles have massively bombed on every format, and she doesn’t have the public’s good will anymore. All she has left is her (still) massive, but shrinking fan base that will buy her material no matter how unpalatable it is.

At least we have the tour boxscores to look forward too :jonny5: And the Forbes lists :party:

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Lovers singles are doing much better than Reputation troll :rip:

Reminder, you are shading the biggest debut since Reputation and the second biggest streaming week by a woman ever. The way Taylor makes some of you fume is so sad :toofunny2:

Edited by mcohen

Article late today, should be an exciting race!

1 minute ago, Ger-55 said:

Article late today, should be an exciting race!

Today is Labor Day in the states. Do they post on this holiday? 

42 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

Today is Labor Day in the states. Do they post on this holiday? 

Oh you're right, we're not getting the article today.

2 hours ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

You really think you did something didn’t you :bibliahh:

From biggest debut in 2017 to the biggest debut in 2019, both bigger than any debut in 2018. 2 top 2 (both blocked by the biggest BB100 song ever, mind you it’s hard to chart in 2019 with a decade old career when the likes of Beyonce are charting in Tinashe territory) when reputation only got 1. We love a decline! :1stplace:

Not a single person, fan or hater, should be scoffing or making remakes about these numbers. In this day this is incredible and if her only competition now is going to be Adele for first week sales then she is doing perfectly fine :cm: Some of you really do the most to think these any anything but great :michael:

17 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

You really think you did something didn’t you :bibliahh:

From biggest debut in 2017 to the biggest debut in 2019, both bigger than any debut in 2018. 2 top 2 (both blocked by the biggest BB100 song ever, mind you it’s hard to chart in 2019 with a decade old career when the likes of Beyonce are charting in Tinashe territory) when reputation only got 1. We love a decline! :1stplace:

tumblr_px7yy2OtL31xmo1c7o1_250.gif

Like I've said, when Beyoncé finishes bleaching her skin and releases an album full of songs that appeal to 5yo, 75yo and every age in between, she'll be back on top.  Beyoncé for Kidz bops is coming. :foxaylove3:

some 2009 #1 debuts:

224k bruce

179k fray

484k u2

255k kelly

146k now

172k keith urban

351k rascal

133k hannah montana

158k rick ross

125k bob dylan

83k chrisette michele

215k green day

608k eminem

424k dave matthews

304k bep

247k jonas

169k now

316k maxwell

269k daughtry

108k demi

99k fabolous

76k sugarland

155k george strait

96k reba

106k colbie

305k whitney

476k jay

189k pearl

180k barbra

132k michael buble

153k twilight

373k mj

318k carrie

163k jovi

286k john mayer

701k susan

So even if She got these numbers a full decade ago, it would have been a big win for Her

1 hour ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

Nope, not everyone is up Taylor's ass.  Especially since that day KimK exposed her as a liar and a *****. :foxaylove3:

Whatever helps you sleep at night :heart2:

1 hour ago, itsjem said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night :heart2:

All these predictable cliché come backs. I guess all these years of "that Taylor rain won't let up" and not having to make stan excuses on why your fav is declining has made y'all complacent. Better get your comeback game up - it's all downhill from here... or from 2017 technically.

*hums Hello by Adele* :foxaylove3:

These numbers are great. It deserved more but I suppose it'll continue selling. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.