• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• sakisfan16

• marsblyr

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, Coklek92 said:

Wow, the fact KatyCats shade this number probably we will see a million debut for Katy's next album :jonny5:

@halcyonday, so it means we will see Small Talk is giving Katy 1M debut? What a time to be ALIVE :jonny5:

my fave, she did that :jonny6: great numbers!!!

I honestly though she/her team would've found a way to clear the 1m mark

Impressive numbers nonetheless, the question is will it have longevity

4 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Well, let's see if Lover will be able to outsell ASIB WW. 

Lover has already sold 2M copies WW  so of course it is gonna outsell ASIB

1 minute ago, selenachris said:

Lover has already sold 2M copies WW  so of course it is gonna outsell ASIB

Actually, Republic confirmed it exceeded 3M units WW

Better than almost everyone :clap3:

From now on she's free of pressure to sell 1M...I wonder if she is relieved or mad:cupid:

I believe without the chart pressure she could bring out the best songs of her career in the future

Edited by lauren198

6 minutes ago, Brishka said:

What does this have to do with 1) ARTPOP selling 900,000 copies less than BTW week 1 and 2) Britney Spears releasing 0 albums that have been #1 for multiple weeks since the year 1999? 

Gaga’s studio albums plummet after week 1 too :sorry: Again, stop getting brave

26 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

Her streams were 95% paid :deadbanana2: @Prismee @JawBreaker

:deadbanana4: its over for the other girlies :jonny6: Her artpop Divide/Scorpion is upon us :party:

----

In all seriousness, I'm the first to drag her for her flop numbers. But only being 133k away from hitting 1M is impressive tbh. If it had a right lead single that smashed hard on radio to get the word out she's back. She would've definitely done way better. Anyway these numbers are solely thanks to her massive dedicated fanbase. No GP or hype this time. No other artist in history could release ME! as a lead and debut with these numbers. So she won in my eyes :1stplace:

14 minutes ago, Green said:

She's coming for Britney's wig:

Best selling female album artists of the Soundscan era (1991-2019)

By July of 2019:

1. Mariah Carey (55.5 million)
2. Celine Dion (53 million) 
3. Shania Twain (35 million)
4. Britney Spears (33.6 million)
5. Taylor Swift (32.7 million)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8519784/taylor-swift-career-sales-streaming-totals-2019-ask-billboard

Lover sold around 0.7 million pure album sales so the updated list should be:

1. Mariah Carey (55.5 million)
2. Celine Dion (53 million) 
3. Shania Twain (35 million)
4. Britney Spears (33.6 million)
5. Taylor Swift (33.4 million)

and I'm not even counting her catalog album sales from her previous albums. She will probably pass Britney next week.

Never thought that she will surpass Britney in pure album sales ahhh her powah no wonder some Britney fans are fuming in this thread :jonny5:

Some people have some nerve using the word “decline”. I mean going from 1.2M to 867k is better than going from 1.1M to 250k or going from 6 #1 singles to moderate “hits” with no parent album. 

32 minutes ago, Brishka said:

That's a 30 percent decrease compared to reputation. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. 

Her album sales actually decreased by 45 percent despite selling four versions of the same album.   

Anyway, these 1M debuts are over for Tay Tay. Maybe she can pull off one in China. 

xJrrW5d.gif

Conservatives have really abandoned her. Perched for these second-week numbers. 

She will probably spend like two weeks at number one:dies:

Image result for marsha blackburn laughing

This matches up with the overall decline in sales, which you have made clear you are aware of given your next post below. In fact Lover did better than Reputation taking into account this overall decline.

Bad trolling post #1. 

25 minutes ago, Brishka said:

The album was available on streaming platforms, so I have no idea why you would bring up the argument about the decline of sales:dancehall3:, which no one denies. 

She could have secured another 1M debut if she had done B&B's streaming numbers.  

Being on streaming naturally would decrease sales given that casual listeners could choose to listen there instead of purchasing the album, Billboard literally says this in their article.

Taylor’s streaming numbers are amazing, and are even more amazing taking into account her massive pure sales. And vice versa her pure sales are amazing taking into account her amazing streaming numbers.

Bad trolling post #2.

Y’all OTHs aren’t even trying anymore.

Edited by Headlock

A true legend. No one else can compete!

:sad:

Well She’s over. Time to pack my bags and find someone new. 

anigif_enhanced-19557-1398255803-10.gif

Everyone running in here to shade Taylor when their faves can only dream of these opening numbers, the audacity 

None of your favorite artists have done it, none of your favorite artists will ever do it either (bar Adele),  congratulations to Ms. Swift :clap3:

Edited by Obsession

Absolutely insane, excellent numbers for a massive pop artist. :clap3:

I was honestly expecting 700k as maxium since this era was a downgrade singles wise and many people have moved on from Swift, she hasn't been able to score a decent radio hit yet. We'll see, Lover (single) should serve longevity, even until December, but it's probably not going to be impactful at all.

24 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Lover is already at 3M+ WW SPS so it's coming :fan:

Great week for Taylor. ANOTHER WIN! :jonny6:

It’s her fault for releasing a the worst and most boring tracks to introduce the album. 

ME! Should have been The Man

YNTCD should have been Cruel Summer

The Archer should have been Afterglow

Lover should have been Miss Americans and the Heartbreak Prince

and she should have made Lover the promoted track during debut week with a MV release. 

17 minutes ago, bbbrndn said:

What does this have to do with 1) ARTPOP selling 900,000 copies less than BTW week 1 and 2) Britney Spears releasing 0 albums that have been #1 for multiple weeks since the year 1999? 

why you bring up Gaga when she got nothing to with thread? ur fav’s decline got nothing to do with Gaga lmao

congrats to taylor on her #1 album 

17 minutes ago, bbbrndn said:

why you bring up Gaga when she got nothing to with thread? ur fav’s decline got nothing to do with Gaga lmao

congrats to taylor on her #1 album 

1 hour ago, Buzzcutseason said:

so its not that close to 1m actually:laugh:

well to put in perspective, it's more close to 1m than to the opening week numbers of wtv you stan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.