Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Divine

• peterstyles13

• Blue Rose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Not bad at all. I knew it was going to be difficult to figure out where it would fall. This is not commercial music in any way. Nice debut for a side project that came from her role as a lioness. Great music and experimentation that will lead to a truly special 7th studio album! :clap3:

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

27 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Not bad as long as it doesn’t break her streak

Oh so now the album counts as Beyoncé but EIL doesn’t lmao :zzz:

ARE YOU WITH LE LIONS? 

Condolences to the Hive. :cries:

5 minutes ago, Divine said:

Ok but even The Gift and the main soundtrack and the score combined are not going to approach BP numbers :skull:

Just admit that people aren't here for The Lion King because of Beyoncé and go

Why would anyone think anything from TLK soundtrack would sell like TBP soundtrack? One is a family friendly love fest and the other is a superhero movie. I'm not surprised by these results in the slightest. There's nothing new about TLK soundtrack really, except Spirit. TBP soundtrack is totally new songs. The Gift I knew was flopping before it came out. :ahh:

Edited by QueenBLadyG

1 minute ago, Divine said:

Ok but even The Gift and the main soundtrack and the score combined are not going to approach BP numbers :skull:

Just admit that people aren't here for The Lion King because of Beyoncé and go

Just because it did less than Kendrick’s album doesnt mean people arent here for TLK. This is a flawed logic with no correlation. 

Not to mention all the trades say it her movie.

Just say you hate Beyoncé and go

kw5a5CA.gif

We should look at the predictions thread for TLK: TG :gaycat5:

13 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Dreamgirls soundtrack: 92K

BDay album: 541K

Maybe she is not over

cERbocc.gif

Right see you remember she bounced back from every side project 

per itunes

The Lion King: The GiftBeyoncé

The Lion King (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)Various Artists

The Greatest Showman (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)Various Artists

Looks like it is her album

29 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Also WHY didn't Disney bundle the two albums together????? :skull: It would be mutually beneficial.

This, I think Beyonce may be the reason though since The Gift is under her label 

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

per itunes

The Lion King: The GiftBeyoncé

The Lion King (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)Various Artists

The Greatest Showman (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)Various Artists

Looks like it is her album

A #1 album. Phew 7 consecutive #1!!

Wait... :skull:

The Lion King is debuting with $200,000,000, right? What are tickets these days, $10 a pop? You're telling me with 20,000,000 people who saw this film in the United States and heard Spirit, only an equivalent of 50k-70k people were interested in hearing more? :skull: 

That is... kind of a catastrophe. If any other main girl did these kinds of numbers, side project or not, they'd be ruthlessly dragged :deadbanana: 

15 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

I don't consider them the same at all. That's the actual soundtrack. This is a companion soundtrack. A lot of people don't even know this soundtrack exists. I had to tell two of my sisters and my mom about it yesterday. 

Black Panther’s soundtrack’s single was released over a month before the the album... sooooo

1 minute ago, BrooklynBoy said:

Black Panther’s soundtrack’s single was released over a month before the the album... sooooo

What does that have to do with what I said? 

8 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Wait... :skull:

The Lion King is debuting with $200,000,000, right? What are tickets these days, $10 a pop? You're telling me with 20,000,000 people who saw this film in the United States and heard Spirit, only an equivalent of 50k-70k people were interested in hearing more? :skull: 

That is... kind of a catastrophe. If any other main girl did these kinds of numbers, side project or not, they'd be ruthlessly dragged :deadbanana: 

Beyoncé's Lion King

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

19 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Why would anyone think anything from TLK soundtrack would sell like TBP soundtrack? One is a family friendly love fest and the other is a superhero movie. I'm not surprised by these results in the slightest. There's nothing new about TLK soundtrack really, except Spirit. TBP soundtrack is totally new songs. The Gift I knew was flopping before it came out. :ahh:

You know the original The Lion King soundtrack is Diamond, the top-selling vinyl album of the NSS era, etc., right? 

OT: The album was bland and uninspired. The vocals and flow are a disappointment for someone of Beyonce’s talents and I’m not surprised at the massive decline.

I hope it debuts at #1 at least. Billie Vs. Beyoncé Vs. NasMaraj?

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You know the original The Lion King soundtrack is Diamond, the top-selling vinyl album of the NSS era, etc., right? 

OT: The album was bland and uninspired. The vocals and flow are a disappointment for someone of Beyonce’s talents and I’m not surprised at the massive decline.

Yes, which is why I wouldn't expect the same songs to sell the same. It's a children's movie. Adults who grew up with the soundtrack and have already consumed the songs aren't going to buy the songs again. It's not surprising the new soundtrack isn't a huge opening seller. Soundtracks usually take time and it's all about longevity anyway. When the kids of the kids of the original watch and ask for the new soundtrack maybe we will see that happening.

Edited by QueenBLadyG

3 minutes ago, Green said:

I hope it debuts at #1 at least. Billie Vs. Beyoncé Vs. NasMaraj?

It’ll be Billie vs Beyonce vs Ed

Great numbers for an African curated album. :clap3:

The Hive trying to argue it's not a soundtrack which makes it worse :bibliahh:

It's literally a completely, new album from Beyonce :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.