HDD: TLK - The Gift - 50-70k

DG1

The thing is that most people SHOULD have expected this as none of the Disney remake soundtracks so far have been blockbuster hits.

but it's funny because Beyoncé fans went on for months about how this was going to be huge, win AOTY at the Grammys, be her ASIB moment, etc.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Divine

• peterstyles13

• Blue Rose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Remixed said:

Now it’s a “side project”. Y’all jumped ship quick nnn. 

It's always been a side project. It isn't her album - it's a companion album to the actual soundtrack full of artist. This has never been acknowledged as a studio album by anyone in the Hive. At least any with common sense of how music works. Don''t quote me attempting to make me out as a liar. I never said different from the beginning and even said it would, "flop", by regular sales standards. :rip:

15 minutes ago, dangerous. said:

653k -> 123k -> 50k

:jonny5:

oh wow

peterstyles13
6 minutes ago, Divine said:

Black Panther did 154k and it's the exact same type of album as The Gift :skull:

The fact that they are now claiming this is just a "quick compilation album!11!1" after spending the entire year telling us Beyoncé was coming to destroy the other girls and dominate the music scene and the movie scene with TLK is the biggest kii of 2019 :skull: 

Edited by peterstyles13

16 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Is that the standards Beyoncé Knowles fans have for her these days? :skull:

The standard we have is quality. And she always delivers.

That box office gross to soundtrack sps ratio. Yikes.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

10 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Did Liberation outsell? :jonny5:

potentially :jonny5:

Dreamgirls soundtrack: 92K

BDay album: 541K

Maybe she is not over

cERbocc.gif

8 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Not a person in the world would have expected a Beyoncé album attached to The Lion King to do 50K first week. They're all lying to save face and it shows :toofunny2:

Lol, sure. The base been knew

Have you not seen how low the numbers are for 2019 LK soundtrack in general? The only tracks charting WW are Spirit and CYFTL. Not even Circle Of Life is charting. 

Isn't this barely higher than Fifth Harmony? :bibliahh:

Edited by mcohen

5 minutes ago, Divine said:

Black Panther did 154k and it's the exact same type of album as The Gift :skull:

I don't consider them the same at all. That's the actual soundtrack. This is a companion soundtrack. A lot of people don't even know this soundtrack exists. I had to tell two of my sisters and my mom about it yesterday. 

24 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

God is good :jonny5:

Some Hive we're really expecting 20k :ahh:

It can only get better from here, release the obvious hit BSG and all will be fine. :clap3:

I remember people say less than 300k would be a flop

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Maybe she is not over

cERbocc.gif

The gorls want B7!! Or DC3 reunion pick your poison

1 minute ago, QueenBLadyG said:

I don't consider them the same at all. That's the actual soundtrack. This is a companion soundtrack. A lot of people don't even know this soundtrack exists. I had to tell two of my sisters and my mom about it yesterday. 

Black Panther is just as much a companion soundtrack as TLK. All the Stars is the only song prominently featured in the movie; two others are used as background music.

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Maybe she is not over

cERbocc.gif

Does this have to be explained AGAIN?! Soundtracks and studio albums aren't the same thing. What don't people understand? Beyoncé always sells hers albums :ahh:

15 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Not bad at all. I knew it was going to be difficult to figure out where it would fall. This is not commercial music in any way. Nice debut for a side project that came from her role as a lioness. Great music and experimentation that will lead to a truly special 7th studio album! :clap3:

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

Billie did 60K and Lil Nas X did 50K last week.

i think Bey is def snatching that #1 with ease

Edited by truthteller

9 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

It's always been a side project. It isn't her album - it's a companion album to the actual soundtrack full of artist. This has never been acknowledged as a studio album by anyone in the Hive. At least any with common sense of how music works. Don''t quote me attempting to make me out as a liar. I never said different from the beginning and even said it would, "flop", by regular sales standards. :rip:

It is her album its main credit is Beyonce

Just now, Divine said:

Black Panther is just as much a companion soundtrack as TLK. All the Stars is the only song prominently featured in the movie; two others are used as background music.

No, it's considered the actual soundtrack to the score soundtrack. There are two soundtracks to TLK, and that's confusing to a lot of people. The one with the songs in the film and now this companion one. And there will probably be a third soundtrack for the score. I'm not surprised try these sales at all. :dies:

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

It is her album its main credit is Beyonce

No, it's not her studio album. It's considered a companion album. B7 is still being recorded.

Edited by QueenBLadyG

Just now, QueenBLadyG said:

No, it's considered the actual soundtrack to the score soundtrack. There are two soundtracks to TLK, and that's confusing to a lot of people. The one with the songs in the film and now this companion one. And there will probably be a third soundtrack for the score. I'm not surprised try these sales at all. :dies:

Ok but even The Gift and the main soundtrack and the score combined are not going to approach BP numbers :skull:

Just admit that people aren't here for The Lion King because of Beyoncé and go

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.