Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• its_britney_bitch

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Gasp said:

The official soundtrack is at 20k :rip:

Wow, I was told that a successful movie was an easy way to get sales/a hit :confused: 

1 minute ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Wow, I was told that a successful movie was an easy way to get sales/a hit :confused: 

And it still is. :lmao:

OT: Great numbers for an African curated album :clap3:

58 minutes ago, Finkypop said:

They’re shipping their gifts back 

UAMcH6S.gif

UAMcH6S.gif

1 minute ago, One Nation said:

Clearly not! 

UAMcH6S.gif

1 minute ago, Chemist said:

best day of my life

Calm down :alexz2:

37 minutes ago, Killer Love said:

13K-18K pure sales?????? Beyonce????? WTF

MARINA did 13K pure sales with Love + Fear ????????

I-

Just now, Drais. said:

Calm down :alexz2:

Oh hi bby how's life? :alexz3:

12 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

This is a flop by all means. She shouldn’t have tried to shove her personal image using TLK as a platform. No one asked for a Beyoncé album tied to the movie. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, One Nation said:

It's not, as evidenced by the sales of this soundtrack :rip:  If it was that easy, everyone would do it.  Also, the people who attempt to use that drag for Gaga fail to remember that Gaga starred in ASIB, wrote the soundtrack....it wasn't an ensemble cast, guaranteed success of a film.  Her performance is a huge reason the film was so loved and successful, and the music she wrote is what people are enjoying and awarding/buying/etc. She worked hard and delivered quality, and people responded well to it, simple as that.

Anyway, not the best numbers for Bey, but I guess it is somewhat of a niche project.

It seems Hive will have to cling to 2016 stats for the rest of the decade.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

1 hour ago, Drais. said:

Aside from the obvious trolling were y'all expecting 500K for an afrobeat album full of people the GP arent familiar with? :confused:

The GP isn't familiar with JAY-Z, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell and Childish Gambino?

It can't even muster a measly 100k. This is a severe, major underperformance :matty:

2 minutes ago, One Nation said:

This is new, you must be so damn pressed about these numbers :deadbanana2:

OT: why didn't she just release the album exclusively through Tidal? She could have done 400k at least 

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Anyway, not the best numbers for Bey, but I guess it is somewhat of a niche project.

A niche project :dies: this album features incredibly popular artists and it is tied to Disney's biggest live-action ever 

Hopefully this humbles the Hive

bey hasn't been pulling in numbers for 3 releases now

i bet they re-work the next album to make it more radio friendly 

y’all laughing but there’s no physical copies and this is a soundtrack no one knew about until two weeks ago. she’s still getting a check while y’all hating on the internet for free. :lmao: 

congrats on the #1 but i have to say for a huge movie i'd expect a slightly higher number...nonetheless a #1 is a #1 

Hive: Beyoncé’s TLK smashing box office records 

Also Hive: The Gift is a side project, so these numbers are expected

Beyonce likes to flop to lure you into a false sense of security, and as soon as you think you and your faves are about to get some sort of respite, she gets back to stomping.

Watch her bundle her album with a trump impeachment inquiry. Streaming will be obligatory!

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

That's what you get when you trash a woman's success attributing it on gimmicks just like movies but then your fav does the same thing with a movie 10x bigger yet flops.

I believe that The Gift will be okay in the long run but I'm glad the hive can be humbled and admit that what Gaga did is remarkable because it is and apparently not everyone can do it.

Btw, was Bey treating this soundtrack as her next big release? Is she working on a new studio album at the same time? I'm confused.

She has  Netflix deal with 2 projects due, one of them is definitely her next main album. B7 will be gargantuan :jonny:

Edited by Otter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.