Spotify: The Gift 4,522M WW (Day 7)

Ratviolo

8 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

That’s because everyone came for ME!’s neck for underperforming. The problem with Beyoncé stans is they don’t know when it’s time to hush and be humble. Second of all, I’m guessing the long awaited joint album by the Carters wasn’t tailor made for the west either?

"Long awaited" though?
I'm not sure who was waiting for it, but it surely wasn't the Hive. Check the base from 2015-2018 where most if not everyone was NOT for a joint album. Check it specifically when OTRII was announced and the idea of a joint album returned to our conversations. The Hive, her own fanbase, her own CORE audience was not for it. No one asked for it, wanted it, or needed it. Some of us love it, but it's by no means "long-awaited" unless it just being a point of discussion qualifies as such.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ratviolo

• Aethereal

• Yanko

• mcohen

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

This is like the 5th time the OP makes a flamebait Beyonce thread this month. The obsession is real.

The Little Monsters are bored and will take any chance they have to attack a woman of color (Bey, Rihanna, Nicki) as they have time and time again on here. I will never understand the Bey vs Gaga rivalry on here when Bey's career is far bigger than Gaga's. 

Most people haven't seen the movie or give a **** about this type of music. I'm sure Bey doesn't give a **** when she's made millions upon millions off of the whole Lion King movie/soundtrack

How does this compare to other soundtracks in recent times?

1 hour ago, Somi said:

Señorita did better than Beyoncé?

The Beyonce of our generation has outdone that of the last generation:clap3:

OT: Seriously, y'all know this will rise and remain on top for weeks once the movie hits cinemas right?:rip:Y'all just asking to be dragged later

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

The excuses went from:

- “Wait until Queen Bey releases ANY music that has a normal release for her to decimate the other girls”

- “TLK soundtrack will decimate the album and singles charts this summer”

- “Soundtrack singles/albums ALWAYS do well if they’re attached to a big and beloved movie!”

to: 

- “Well, soundtrack songs/albums don’t always do well”

- “It’s too experimental! (we love very little known indie legends in the US such as Jay Z, Kendrick, Pharrell, Childish Gambino, etc.)”

- ”We need a solo studio album to see how powerful she’ll be on streaming. She’ll really show them then, these are just side projects!”

Now that her past 3 projects (EIL, Homecoming, The Gift) have been released to big media/critical attention and available everywhere yet seen very underwhelming numbers, I’m excited to see the excuses for the ‘real’ follow-up to Lemonade (an album, btw!)

But anyway, more on topic and on a serious note - I don’t think this is too tragic. Of course it reflects badly on her stans who proclaim she’s the #1 most powerful woman in the industry but whatever. Didn’t ASIB debut relatively low too? I’m sure this soundtrack will start picking up and consistently gain lots of traction. 1 billion streams has to be attainable. 

Whew this tea 

peterstyles13

There's no other way to say this: the numbers are completely tragic and this is the definition of a commercial bomb. 

We were told to wait for the Spirit music video, then we were told to wait for the album release and the movie release. All these things happened and yet only 3 songs will chart in the Spotify Top 200 on its first day with very modest numbers... and that's despite the fact that The Lion King is one of Disney's most promoted movie in history and that Beyoncé already dropped 2 music videos attached to the album. How can some of you seriously look at this and say it's doing fine commercially? I knew the standards for Beyoncé kept decreasing over the years, but this is just a new low  :deadbanana4:

peterstyles13
2 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Lemonade sold more pure sales than Reputation.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

This is very low OMG. I expected more after the hype on ATRL :rip:

11 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

I  was corrected many times, why did you have to cite me again?

The sales gap between ST and 1989 was somewhere around 6 million which went to 800k between Reputation and Lemonade, what's so funny about my mistake?

OT: It is flopping, move on.

Edited by Aristotle

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I  was corrected many times, why did you have to cite me again?

The sales gap between ST and 1989 was somewhere around 6 million which went to 800k between Reputation and Lemonade, what's so funny about my mistake?

Because the SPS gal is even bigger than 800k

19 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

This is very low OMG. I expected more after the hype on ATRL :rip:

Thinking ATRL has that kind of power. :rip:

OT: Good numbers :clap3:

I haven't checked the sales since years because I actually have a life. 

And Lion  King was a very meaningful movie (1994) you do release that animated movies are not limited to only children right?

On the other hand Taylor discography is bordline childish. 

Sir how are you going to make a claim and then claim others don’t have lives when they prove your claim wrong :deadbanana: 

The last time I checked was when Reputation was around  2.5 million. 

Reputation is at 2.3M pure in the US alone :skull: 

Amazing numbers for an Afrobeat compilation album :jonny5:

3 hours ago, mcohen said:

She should've kept it off streaming. :rip:

It's interesting how the minute she stopped doing Tidal exclusives she started bombing 

:ahh:

Tragic :deadbanana2:

Not bad for an... OST? 

7 minutes ago, One Nation said:

Thinking ATRL has that kind of power. :rip:

OT: Good numbers :clap3:

I was clearly wrong. It seems like this is full of trolls.

OT: Could have been better, but also worse :clap3:

Who cares! The music is amazing so she won and the movie is about to do 200 million. What I do think though in general there is this kind of almost fake thing where everyone refers to her as Queen or greatest thing ever out of obligation, like white people who dare to call her Bay. They will praise her up and down but are they actually buying/streaming her music?  Clearly not. B should try to break down this whole Beyonce is an untouchable god facade thing. She was really funny in destinys child when she’d give interviews/a little more open as a public figure. I know she’s done more like is active on Instagram but I think she can kind of enter a new chapter for her next solo studio album because it was only going to be so long that people will hold on to the heightened image she has. I think after this if she did a DC3 reunion album/tour/doc that would be an amazing way to reconnect with her past and enter a new chapter for B7!

Amazing number :jonny5:

The Hive really won after all :jonny5:

Other stans should learn a thing or two from them, be humble and your faves will slay the charts :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.