• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterstyles13

• StrangerInTheDark

• JawBreaker

• State of Grace.

Last 3 female albums with multiple T2s: Thank U Next, Invasion of Privacy, 1989...5 years ago

Wow, what a short list. Taylor Her 'flopping' power!

peterstyles13
4 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

y’all need to calm down

:clap3:

9 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Are you hearing yourself? The entire reputation era literally spent a total of 9 weeks in the top 10 of the Hot 100. This era, she's already at 5 - tying Speak Now - and the album isn't even out. Yet here you are acting as if the top 10 weeks are a big decline. We have to laugh! What a downfall! Poor her, how will she manage!

sGB8Qgp.gif

And now you're trying to compare her to Garth Brooks and label her as a legacy act? A joke.

Garth Brooks' last album peaked at #25 on the Billboard 200. It sold around 150K copies since its release. Lover will outsell it with pre-orders alone. You should really do more research before posting comments that can be so easily stomped on. As for their tours, Garth's last tour did on average 900,000$ per show. We're kind of far from Reputation's average, which was 6,520,000$, don't you think? Garth Brooks does "cute numbers", Taylor does practically unmatched numbers. That's the difference boo.

sGB8Qgp.gif

Oh trust me, I know that. That's what y'all tried to do with reputation, saying it was a flop simply because it couldn't match 1989, one of the biggest pop album of the millennium. And now people who said that all look like boo boo the fools. I guess history is bound to repeat itself. For the millionth time (I feel like I have to say this every single era), even when Taylor "flops", she outdoes virtually everyone else. 

sGB8Qgp.gif

drag her

11 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

y’all need to calm down

Ugh I hate my fave for not releasing music :'(

At least her old hits are big enough for Taylor to not snatch her hitmaker of the decade title.

Anyway YNTCD debuted #2 as I expected, I can see it being bigger than ME!ss but not huge.

GorgeousRep
15 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Are you hearing yourself? The entire reputation era literally spent a total of 9 weeks in the top 10 of the Hot 100. This era, she's already at 5 - tying Speak Now - and the album isn't even out. Yet here you are acting as if the top 10 weeks are a big decline. We have to laugh! What a downfall! Poor her, how will she manage!

sGB8Qgp.gif

And now you're trying to compare her to Garth Brooks and label her as a legacy act? A joke.

Garth Brooks' last album peaked at #25 on the Billboard 200. It sold around 150K copies since its release. Lover will outsell it with pre-orders alone. You should really do more research before posting comments that can be so easily stomped on. As for their tours, Garth's last tour did on average 900,000$ per show. We're kind of far from Reputation's average, which was 6,520,000$, don't you think? Garth Brooks does "cute numbers", Taylor does practically unmatched numbers. That's the difference boo.

sGB8Qgp.gif

Oh trust me, I know that. That's what y'all tried to do with reputation, saying it was a flop simply because it couldn't match 1989, one of the biggest pop album of the millennium. And now people who said that all look like boo boo the fools. I guess history is bound to repeat itself. For the millionth time (I feel like I have to say this every single era), even when Taylor "flops", she outdoes virtually everyone else. 

sGB8Qgp.gif

:jonny6:

20 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

y’all need to calm down

WAIT! So you mean to tell me that Taylor Swift is not only an massive albums artist but she is also sort of a massive singles artist?! :eek: DAMN! :jonny5:

Not that I'm surprised with all of these, I knew she's not getting that #1 right now but the fact that Lil Nas, of all people, blocked her, not just once but twice with a same song is beyond ME! If only she could wait for another month, then she could get that #1 easily :doc:

Anyway, Shawn will have the same fate too, next week. Imagine if Ed released a new song and debuts behind OTR again... a mess! :deadbanana4:

Edited by Reb'l Rêveur

33 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

:fan:

7 minutes ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

Imagine if Ed released a new song and debuts behind OTR again... a mess! :deadbanana4:

He already released the follow up to IDC and it peaked at #34 

Just now, mcohen said:

To be fair the song sucks!

OT: I would love to flop like Taylor :jonny5:

1 minute ago, mcohen said:

I know, but if he decided to release another song, maybe the Bruno collab that has the potential to compete on the top of the charts, and get block eventually. That would be a mess.

Anyway, Cross Me >>> IDC

43 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

:dies:

Well there you have it. Poor that user.

sGB8Qgp.gif

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

Martika's 'Toy Soldiers' blocked it, then Janet blocked 'Cherish' later that year with 'Miss You Much'.

Material Girl was blocked by REO Speedwagon's 'Can't Fight This Feeling'

Causing A Commotion was blocked by MJ's 'Bad' I believe.

'I remember' was blocked by All 4 1's 'I Swear', which also blocked 'Anytime Anyplace' by Janet :jonny5:

Lastly 'Frozen' was blocked by 'Too Close' by Next.

A little run down.

All of them blocked by classics except Frozen :jonny5:

51 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

sGB8Qgp.gif

The tea has been served in this post

sGB8Qgp.gif

2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

In fact, some girls struggle to do that in their peak!

:deadbanana4:

55 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

All of them blocked by classics except Frozen :jonny5:

Too Close is a huge classic

Wtf :skull:

3 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Tbf out of Taylor's #2s only two songs were proper #2 hits, the rest were frontloaded or cheated to #2 (IDWLF thanks to discount)

Huh? IDWLF is easily in her top 10 biggest hits (top 5 globally after SIO, BS, LS and YBWM, or arguably 6th after IKYWT.). So that’s 3 big hits outs of the 6 (ignoring YNTCD for now).

The only one truly frontloaded was Today Was a Fairytale and ME! considering how much of a monster it’s first week was. 

-

Material Girl

Causing a Commotion

Express Yourself

Cherish

Frozen

You Belong With Me

I Knew You Were Trouble. 

I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

You Need To Calm Down

Were ROBBED, especially Frozen and Material Girl.

Just now, Popboi. said:

Huh? IDWLF is easily in her top 10 biggest hits (top 5 globally after SIO, BS, LS and YBWM, or arguably 6th after IKYWT.). So that’s 3 big hits outs of the 6 (ignoring YNTCD for now).

The only one truly frontloaded was Today Was a Fairytale and ME! considering how much of a monster it’s first week was. 

-

Material Girl

Causing a Commotion

Express Yourself

Cherish

Frozen

You Belong With Me

I Knew You Were Trouble. 

I Don’t Wanna Live Forever

You Need To Calm Down

Were ROBBED, especially Frozen and Material Girl.

lol, not you saying those songs were robbed and yet you dismissed I'll Remember which spent more weeks at#2 than all those songs combined and it was almost in top 10 on YEC.

a smash! she needs to do some spotify/radio payola and a performance to keep the song stable.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

lol, not you saying those songs were robbed and yet you dismissed I'll Remember which spent more weeks at#2 than all those songs combined and it was almost in top 10 on YEC.

Mess cut the wrong song, was going to dismiss Cherish :toofunny2:

It's what she deserves :clap3:

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

Mess cut the wrong song, was going to dismiss Cherish :toofunny2:

Unfortunately Cherish was also big and spent multiple weeks at #2 which was unusual at the time since

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.