HDD: Madonna #1 98k, Bruce Springsteen #2, Bastille #5

Renan90

1 hour ago, Shaner69 said:

Anyone who is paying $300+ for a ticket deserves an album and obviously would buy the album. 

She deserves these numbers and better. 

Plus she didn't bundle the album with popcorn or an energy drink. Lol. 

Exactly. People thinking these albums are free when you're buying a concert ticket that costs over 500$ :deadbanana2:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangerInTheDark

• tiagol88

• Lover

• Bloodflowers.

I don’t think anybody should be judging any artist for ticket/merch bundles because pretty every artist has done it/will do it. They’re deals that their management/labels organize for them because it’s easy money and can give them an advantage on chart positions. 

It may seem shady, but that’s how the industry works. Still better than a decade ago, when labels used shipments to skew certifications.

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Exactly. People thinking these albums are free when you're buying a concert ticket that costs over 500$ :deadbanana2:

Are you single because my boyfriend went away on a trip to Medellin and I'm....... Never mind..... I'm just in an open to travel kinda thing. ???

1 hour ago, Lemonaade said:

I don’t think anybody should be judging any artist for ticket/merch bundles because pretty every artist has done it/will do it. They’re deals that their management/labels organize for them because it’s easy money and can give them an advantage on chart positions. 

It may seem shady, but that’s how the industry works. Still better than a decade ago, when labels used shipments to skew certifications.

This! Someone actually made a point. Tia made some points too.

Edited by Shaner69

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

esp when they say that one big single being streamed a bunch of times is a more legitimate measure for an album chart

for the sales climate and her being in her ****ing 60s in an industry that barely gives women play past their mid 30s, 100k sounds massive :clap3:

9 hours ago, Stankonia said:

What's a D2C offering?

Direct to consumer, so those bundles with merch in her webstore.

Eh. They're pretty low, but then I remember that Madonna's been doing her thing for nearly four decades now. Even if you bring up tour bundles, it's just a little mind-boggling that she can still tour successfully these days. 

10 hours ago, Lemonaade said:

For some, it's only okay when their favorite does it but if another one does it, it's not. 

Holy shit QUEEN snatching!! Come through legend! This is phenomenal. I mean I don't buy ANY (!) music these days so "sales" are kind of meaningless but whatever lol.

Let's celebrate gurls.

tenor.gif?itemid=14053501

22 hours ago, sadnews said:

she had ticket bundle and merchandise bundle. like 28 imtes something like that.,

so this was expected. I would argue this is low considering merchandise bundle. but yeah.. only 10's crazy fans buy those bundles.

without bundle she was probably like 45k ish.

wait, you said it yourself, "only 10's crazy fans buy those bundles" so how would few 10's of  bundles change 100k to 45k? 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

wait, you said it yourself, "only 10's crazy fans buy those bundles" so how would few 10's of  bundles change 100k to 45k? 

are you dumb? she has ticket bundle too.

and read the original article, "half of sales comes from bundle"

People acting as if bundles were a wrong thing when everyone is currently doing it. Understand something, that's the only way artists can have their albums bought on this dead market. If you think streaming is generating some sort of income for these musicians you got it wrong. :skull:

Seems decent for her. Congratz :clap3: 

On 6/16/2019 at 12:38 AM, slw84 said:

tumblr_mdrpupWVuf1qj28qwo1_r1_500.gif

Her MDNA era looks are underrated :jonny5:

16 minutes ago, Pop said:

With bundles? :rip: 

Yup...for a theater tour. For an album with no hits and no promo in the USA during release week.

Why is everyone shading Madonna's numbers but not Bruce?

Everyone was so sure she would be #2 because of him (even i was) and he might not even sell half of what she will.

I don't get it? :rip:

16 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

People acting as if bundles were a wrong thing when everyone is currently doing it. Understand something, that's the only way artists can have their albums bought on this dead market. If you think streaming is generating some sort of income for these musicians you got it wrong. :skull:

The fact that your album gets to chart solely because you got one hit song that is currently smashing, which pushes the whole album to chart on Billboard 200 chart. An Anne Marie teas. But no one seems to think how unfair that is :skull:

So now that she will most likely hit #1 after 40 years of career, selling twice her peers, sales remaining estable since RH released 4 years ago, time when she has been keeping a low profile in US living overseas, and now releasing experimental WW music sounding completely different from the current trendy one, without a proper hit or heavy promo on 1st week etc etc, the usual obsessed bitter members have to resort to tour bundles with tickets which has an average price of $300 as an attempt to drag her :rip: They are truly tragic 

Edited by The Second Coming

14 minutes ago, The Second Coming said:

So now that she will most likely hit #1 after 40 years of career, selling twice her peers, sales remaining estable since RH released 4 years ago, time when she has been keeping a low profile in US living overseas, and now releasing experimental WW music sounding completely different from the current trendy one, without a proper hit or heavy promo on 1st week etc etc, the usual obsessed bitter members have to resort to tour bundles with tickets which has an average price of $300 as an attempt to drag her :rip: They are truly tragic 

all of this. :rip:

22 minutes ago, The Second Coming said:

The haters keep saying this album is chasing trends and it's absolutely not. I played it for my friends last night. It doesnt chase trends it's basically an adventure. The haters that likely didn't even listen to the album say it's not cohesive when it clearly is. They could have done like confessions and mixed the songs into each other because they blend. 

She deserves success with this Album. Extreme Occident alone is a standout and it's not even on the standard edition. Plus you have to listen to more then a minute of the song to get to the climax then it just goes off. These songs are bizarre and different. 

Hopefully the numbers go up!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Shaner69

5 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

You shouldn't celebrate #1 too soon, JB are still a threat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.