H100: Old Town Road 10x #1, Never Really Over #15, Press #16

Renan90

1 minute ago, doonerr said:

But Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion whose sound is far less trendy than Katy's was coming off a three year break after "ARTFlop" and hadn't won no Oscars yet, but a Grammy for Best Jazz album or whatever. Please...

I fail to see how a pure pop song is trendy in the US in 2019 :rip:

It certainly isn’t anything risky but far from being trendy. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• brianc33710

• slw84

• Mr.Fenty

43 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Katy Perry just had her least successful era in 2017.

Her buzz single with Zedd, 365 flopped.

There's no hype around her at all.

Her image is pretty bad right now.

Debuting at #15 with a solo buzz single right now is more than fine for her.

Lady Gaga has the biggest fanbase out of any artist and only debuted at #15 with her lead single. There's clearly a difference.

NRO is spammed on radio on YouTube spotify

Gaga isn t played on radio and she doesn t have the same promotion on spotify 

Also Katy perry didn t face the same backlash gaga got

Also gaga doesn t have the biggest fan base.. That s taylor

However nro is cute and I m sure it ll do better than perfect illusion

54 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Lady Gaga has the biggest fanbase out of any artist and only debuted at #15 with her lead single. There's clearly a difference.

wait, it's suddenly not a lead single anymore? :bibliahh:

51 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

why the hell is Billboard claiming DJ Khaled's album a #1 album?

It's a mistake. There's a glitch for all the Peaks on the Billboard charts. All of them have a #1 peak  :dies:

For example on the Hot 100 it says Never Really Over and Press peaked at #1  :skull:

Sunflower still top 10 :skull: It first went top 10 even before TUN (song) was released :dies: 

26 minutes ago, Green said:

It's a mistake. There's a glitch for all the Peaks on the Billboard charts. All of them have a #1 peak  :dies:

For example on the Hot 100 it says Never Really Over and Press peaked at #1  :skull:

Oh :dies: I didn't notice

For a moment I thought they gave him the #1 to shut his big 

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I fail to see how a pure pop song is trendy in the US in 2019 :rip:

It certainly isn’t anything risky but far from being trendy. 

It isn't. But was Perfect Illusion whatever its pop hybrid genre may be trendier in 2016? The year of Closer and The Chainsmokers?

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Gaga came off what ATRL would call “the biggest pop girl flop of all time” ARTPOP and a jazz album, so what’s your point? 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Ed Sheeran... where? :huh: 

:hughard:

4 hours ago, Genio said:

I don't think OTR will break the record :emofish: I feel like Drake or Post will release their leads pretty soon and obviously dominate the charts

either that or Billie will snatch the #1 in 4-5 weeks

You're expecting OTR to lose over 400 points in a month?

How high do yall foresee Bad Guy going in terms of points? It's just now breaking the 300 mark

2 hours ago, doonerr said:

But Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion whose sound is far less trendy than Katy's was coming off a three year break after "ARTFlop" and hadn't won no Oscars yet, but a Grammy for Best Jazz album or whatever. Please...

Gaga was coming from Artpop which had two top ten singles and three top 20 singles.

46 minutes ago, Sinister said:

You're expecting OTR to lose over 400 points in a month?

How high do yall foresee Bad Guy going in terms of points? It's just now breaking the 300 mark

mess I just checked the points and it's still at over 800 :rip: I thought it was at the 650-700 range by now :dies:

12 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Gaga was coming from Artpop which had two top ten singles and three top 20 singles.

Not to go off topic even further more but if ATRL now claims ARTPOP is a success I've seen it ALL

Edited by doonerr

Congrats to all those charting.  To appear on the charts is the result of hard work and talent.

It says on Billboard that Suge peaked at #2?? When/how did that happen?

30 minutes ago, doonerr said:

Not to go off topic even further more but if ATRL now claims ARTPOP is a success I've seen it ALL

I didn’t say it was a successful album or that ArtPop was not a flop but singles wise...it was significantly more successful than Witness.

Stick to the information that I posted rather than trying to create an alternate reality.

Edited by Adonis

37 minutes ago, americanlife said:

It says on Billboard that Suge peaked at #2?? When/how did that happen?

all the songs peaks are wrong on the website, probably a glitch

4 hours ago, Ronk said:

Congrats to all those charting.  To appear on the charts is the result of hard work and talent.

lRZO4EY.gif

How is Cross Me doing? 

:mazen: @ those few Gaga stans acting like vultures in here over Katy. You think they’d understand by now. 

18 minutes ago, slw84 said:

lRZO4EY.gif

I'm sure each fan knows what their fave had to go through to get where they are in the industry.  The artists we don't follow had to go through the same thing.  All the training, all the struggling to get a start, to get known and recognized as a viable artist.  It's very difficult, and those with talent and perseverance might advance.  The ones that actually make it onto a chart deserve so much credit.

Btw, your list of faves is amazing.  Some I had forgotten about but love, and I appreciate the reminder to revisit their music.

30 minutes ago, FAN said:

How is Cross Me doing? 

:mazen: @ those few Gaga stans acting like vultures in here over Katy. You think they’d understand by now. 

It's unfortunate.  I'm a monster who thinks Katy's future is bright, and that makes me so happy.  I can't wait for her next tour.

I noticed you're a Kesha fan.  I saw her twice in concert in Philadelphia, and she was wonderful.  Were you able to get to a concert, and if so, where?

ThirdWardBey
4 hours ago, Adonis said:

I didn’t say it was a successful album or that ArtPop was not a flop but singles wise...it was significantly more successful than Witness.

Stick to the information that I posted rather than trying to create an alternate reality.

Why are you comparing ARTPOP to Witness when PRISM came out the same year as ARTPOP and Joanne came out the same year as Witness? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.