Is Press flopping?

Yanko

Let me bookmark this so two months from now when it hits Platinum like Please Me, I can come back for the backfire. :rip:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yanko

• JBJT2786

• professor2000

• Queen.

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Aggressive, loud songs like Press don't smash that often :skull: Most rap smash hits are quieter and lighter, like Drake and Post Malone's.

I know abandoning Nicki when she flopped must've been really hard so keeping tabs on the girl who erased her career seems like the only way to cope. At least you have Gaga whose career rebounded :clap3: 

This gotta be one of the worst takes to make an excuse for a song underperforming. “Hard rap” has been dominating the charts for years now. People just aren’t feeling this song. 

10 hours ago, JonginBey said:

I told y’all people would grow tired by the second album :michael:

I mean, it's not hard...when she making repetitive songs. :laugh:  

I guess "Please Me" was Atlantic's way of showing her versatility, which was a failed effort IMO...b/c it didn't do much for her overall brand IMO.  She need a real Pop smash in order to viewed other than a one-trick pony.    

7 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

Let me bookmark this so two months from now when it hits Platinum like Please Me, I can come back for the backfire. :rip:

Pfff barbie dreams is platinum, was that not a flop? :deadbanana4: 

7 hours ago, Abel Minaj said:

:ahh: what even is this?? I didn't realize decibels were now a H100 metric

:lmao: 

7 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

1 minute ago, Yanko said:

Lol...right. 

Does Platinum, etc. matter these days, if the song is not a pop culture MOMENT?  Will GP even remember "Please Me"?  :michael:

Like, in the streaming era....certifications don't seem quite as relevant to me.  No?  

I find it funny how ATRL is big on certifications all of a sudden, when you couldn't stop them from talk about all of Cardi's Top 10s and #1s.  Now all of a sudden peaks don't matter???  Certifications are more important? Which is it?? :rip:  

4 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Lol...right. 

Does Platinum, etc. matter these days, if the song is not a pop culture MOMENT?  Will GP even remember "Please Me"?  :michael:

Like, in the streaming era....certifications don't seem quite as relevant to me.  No?  

I find it funny how ATRL is big on certifications all of a sudden, when you couldn't stop them from talk about all of Cardi's Top 10s and #1s.  Now all of a sudden peaks don't matter???  Certifications are more important? Which is it?? :rip:  

Chun-li- platinum

Bed- platinum

Barbie dreams-platinum

Barbie tingz- platinum

Fefe-5x platinum

Wow a hit era i guess right? 

12 minutes ago, Yanko said:

Barbie Dreams is gold sis...what are you doing?

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Barbie Dreams is gold sis...what are you doing?

It says platinum on riaa

2 minutes ago, Yanko said:

It says platinum on riaa

Please Me will be multiplatinum by the end of its run anyways:rip:

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Please Me will be multiplatinum by the end of its run anyways:rip:

Congrats :rip: it was showed down everyones throats via radio

Anyways the thread is about press 

Damn free falling five spots already? Its barely been four days. I know cardi will be panicking 

It’s a horrid song and her “flow” sounds more off than usual. But, it’ll probs be a hit anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Yanko said:

It says platinum on riaa

Link please...cuz all I have is this:

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Barbie+dreams#search_section

Its says Gold sis.

40 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Lol...right. 

Me posting on an chart obsessed  thread

ATRL- quiet

Me posting on a Cardi thread - Charts  dont matter 

Barbz-

"I find it funny how ATRL is big on certifications all of a sudden, when you couldn't stop them from talk about all of Cardi's Top 10s and #1s."

Again ya are tiring.  I'veA song needs to be a Pop culture moment to be remembered? These are not popstars for 900000th time. THE RAP GAME has always been held to a different standard. So of the most memorable rap songs this decade arent even POP culture moments ( outside of Kendricks Humble and Drakes Gods plan). Ive discussed this several  times. Including last week ( which included  Nicki). Longevity matters at the end of the day. Period. PM was on the top 10 for 2 months, has dropped the top 40 and its gonna be multiplatinum. Ya need to stop it with the chart peaks cuz some of your fave best songs ( lookin ass, beez in the trap, your love) barely cracked the top 10 and 40 and are mutiplat hits :rip:

But I'm a Cardi stan and a Nicki hater for pointing out that CHARTS DONT MATTER. LONGEVITY  DOES!!!

Edited by JBJT2786

10 minutes ago, Yanko said:

Congrats :rip: it was showed down everyones throats via radio

Anyways the thread is about press 

Radio has a way less effect on RIAA certification than sales and streaming does so try again.

Please Me outcharted every Nicki single except Anaconda, Superbass, FEFE and Bang Bang. Cardi is not flopping, Press will do fine. Some of y'all need to learn what suffering means. 

30 minutes ago, Yanko said:

Chun-li- platinum

Bed- Gold

Barbie dreams- Gold

Barbie tingz- Gold

Fefe-5x platinum

Wow a hit era i guess right? 

Unlike with Girls Like You ( which some dumb Twitter barb tried to drag for some reason) the songs in bold are the certification as the RIAAs website and we dont know if any are actually eligible for platinum ( outside of Twitter stans)

So like I said before. Try again.

Btw. I consider Chun- Li a hit and should be 2x Plat by now...dunno what Nickis team is doing waiting...

Edited by JBJT2786

7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Unlike with Girls Like You ( which some dumb Twitter barb tried to drag for some reason) the songs in bold are the certification as the RIAAs website and we dont know if any are actually eligible for platinum ( outside of Twitter stans)

So like I said before. Try again.

Btw. I consider Chun- Li a hit and should be 2x Plat by now...dunno what Nickis team is doing waiting...

bed is for sure platinum

not sure on barbie dreams-my mistake 

25 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Link please...cuz all I have is this:

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Barbie+dreams#search_section

Its says Gold sis.

Me posting on an chart obsessed  thread

ATRL- quiet

Me posting on a Cardi thread - Charts  dont matter 

Barbz-

"I find it funny how ATRL is big on certifications all of a sudden, when you couldn't stop them from talk about all of Cardi's Top 10s and #1s."

Again ya are tiring.  I'veA song needs to be a Pop culture moment to be remembered? These are not popstars for 900000th time. THE RAP GAME has always been held to a different standard. So of the most memorable rap songs this decade arent even POP culture moments ( outside of Kendricks Humble and Drakes Gods plan). Ive discussed this several  times. Including last week ( which included  Nicki). Longevity matters at the end of the day. Period. PM was on the top 10 for 2 months, has dropped the top 40 and its gonna be multiplatinum. Ya need to stop it with the chart peaks cuz some of your fave best songs ( lookin ass, beez in the trap, your love) barely cracked the top 10 and 40 and are mutiplat hits :rip:

But I'm a Cardi stan and a Nicki hater for pointing out that CHARTS DONT MATTER. LONGEVITY  DOES!!!

Pop culture is an industry term.  I don't literally mean Pop music (the genre).  :biblio:

And who said Nicki was "my fav"?  I like both, but tend to lean more Nicki lately to balance out the stan delusions here on ATRL.  :rip:  The longevity ATRL NEED to be worried about, is if Cardi is going to be versatile enough to survive another 2-3 years in the game.  Because that's looking a little shaky lately with the latest single choices (speaking quality, not chart success).  Momentum might slow down if she keep under-delivering.  Real rap.

I'm actually honestly shocked that Atlantic fumbling the ball, after such a massive debut era.  I guess these one-off singles buying her enough time to find some more IOP-level hit songs.    

18 minutes ago, Yanko said:

bed is for sure platinum

I mean, your point still remains valid tho....certifications are easy to come by in this streaming era.  IMO it's not a real measure of success + impact necessarily.  

14 minutes ago, Yanko said:

bed is for sure platinum

Look. I have 0 grudge musically with your fave. I loved Queen and I wish Good Form ( second best on the ablum btw) did better. But ya need to stop being so petty. You know what's the best way to shut the Cardi stans up? Support your fave and get her another mutiplatinum hit and longevity on the charts ( she dont have to be top10...but give her a comeback), cuz the worst things ive seen from this feud is ya wayyyyyy too focused on Cardi and ya not asking Nicki for more good music. That should be the focus now. Not following this girls every move. The Nicki haters were here way before Cardi even stepped up. Now my interest in Nicki as  a person has waned greatly in the last year but she will always a great rapper in my eyes. I just wish ya can focus on bringing that back.

I'm still gonna kii if and when Press goes platinum. But I meant all that. 

not enough streams and sales

6 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Look. I have 0 grudge musically with your fave. I loved Queen and I wish Good Form ( second best on the ablum btw) did better. But ya need to stop being so petty. You know what's the best way to shut the Cardi stans up? Support your fave and get her another mutiplatinum hit and longevity on the charts ( she dont have to be top10...but give her a comeback), cuz the worst things ive seen from this feud is ya wayyyyyy too focused on Cardi and ya not asking Nicki for more good music. That should be the focus now. Not following this girls every move. The Nicki haters were here way before Cardi even stepped up. Now my interest in Nicki as  a person has waned greatly in the last year but she will always a great rapper in my eyes. I just wish ya can focus on bringing that back.

I'm still gonna kii if and when Press goes platinum. But I meant all that. 

i dont stan for minaj

:kiss:

12 hours ago, Yanko said:

Spotify US

#15(-5)

Spotify Global

#46(-8)

Cardi B - Press

What happened? 

345018dec53cbd61a3fa350ebe20ff3d.jpg

Yes, she can't get another hit solo hit. 

3 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Pop culture is an industry term.  I don't literally mean Pop music (the genre).  :biblio:

And who said Nicki was "my fav"?  I like both, but tend to lean more Nicki lately to balance out the stan delusions here on ATRL.  :rip:  The longevity ATRL NEED to be worried about, is if Cardi is going to be versatile enough to survive another 2-3 years in the game.  Because that's looking a little shaky lately with the latest single choices (speaking quality, not chart success).  Momentum might slow down if she keep under-delivering.  Real rap.

I'm actually honestly shocked that Atlantic fumbling the ball, after such a massive debut era.  I guess these one-off singles buying her enough time to find some more IOP-level hit songs.    

Where did I say pop music moment? :biblio:...I'm talking about ATRLers need to put female rappers in popstar level where that shouldnt be the case.

I dont think shes fallen off yet. These are obivously what you said one-off. She needs to take more control cuz obivously she needs to have her team handle everything and they're just throwing what sticks. The thing. Its still making her money. But she needs to stop the touring and go to the studio to make a cohesive ablum. Because IOP, no matter how great it was , is not a cohesive album. She cant pull the same magic twice. If that ends up happening I'll be on the other side of table . But the girl ain't flopping and the fact still remains that these girls are obsessed with every song Cardi releases. It's only been 4 days. Cardi hasnt had one single song blow up instantly from release.  Why are expecting anything different right now?

53 minutes ago, slayships said:

Damn free falling five spots already? Its barely been four days. I know cardi will be panicking 

giphy.gif

She going to rant on insta like she normally does

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.