• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlexStexaul

• Vincenzo2000

• Eternium

• MingYouToo

Just now, AlexStexaul said:

Billboard used their receipts. They wouldnt lie. Her 140M + records already coming from her singles 

Billboard stopped tracking sales almost three decades ago. Nielsen Soundscan was introduced alongside point-of-sale data and Billboard subscribes to and sponsors them.

Provide actual receipts that Gaga's sold 180M records or don't waste my time quoting me.

Just now, Emperor said:

Oh again you , i see that you still can't accept the fact that Rih sold 275 M record and his the second best seeling female artist of all time , poor you Billboard and the GP always win :fan:

Rihanna

34.15M studio albums

3.81M physical singles

201.1M digital singles

500k music DVDs

Your lack of shame in inflating Rihanna's sales is something else :ahh: Please don't enter the Charts section if you use press releases from your fave's label as a receipt.

AlexStexaul
7 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Billboard stopped tracking sales almost three decades ago. Nielsen Soundscan was introduced alongside point-of-sale data and Billboard subscribes to and sponsors them.

Provide actual receipts that Gaga's sold 180M records or don't waste my time quoting me.

Rihanna

34.15M studio albums

3.81M physical singles

201.1M digital singles

500k music DVDs

Your lack of shame in inflating Rihanna's sales is something else :ahh: Please don't enter the Charts section if you use press releases from your fave's label as a receipt.

You wasting my time. Gaga sold 180M records and billboard confirmed this. I choose to believe Billboard than u. Bye..

Edited by AlexStexaul

9 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Rihanna

34.15M studio albums

3.81M physical singles

201.1M digital singles

500k music DVDs

275M :fan:

That one member believe this believe that. :dies: why don't you use your base receipt thread and fight your enemy? :toofunny3: 

OT: Nice list. Too bad my fave is a flop so she didn't appear on a list created by BBC using wikipedia article. :'( 

I Posted sales of Queen Pop MADONNA with 425 million records worldwide she is the best selling female artists of all time  :clap3::clap3:

32 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Rihanna

34.15M studio albums

3.81M physical singles

201.1M digital singles

500k music DVDs

Here you have your receipts

This was posted in 2014 when they announced she was gonna receive the first Songwriter Hall Of Fame contemporary icon award:

http://songhall.org/news/entry/lady_gaga_to_receive_first_ever_contemporary_icon_award/

And this was posted by the NFL a few months ago:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711980/article/lady-gaga-headlines-pepsi-zero-sugar-super-bowl-li-halftime-show

Xoxo

ThirdWardBey

Rihanna's numbers :rip:

Beyoncé has sold 260M+ records :rip:

Gaga has not outsold Britney :rip:

by traditional sales, Mariah has sold 220m records, so if all your digital acts suddenly sold 250m+ then Mariah wouldn't rank in the top 5 no more (which I find ridiculous). 

How can anybody with 150m albums sold be compared to someone who sold 1/3 of that.

How is Céline lower than Mariah when she's sold 20m less singles than Mariah, but 35 million more albums than Mariah? 

For me personally, albums sales carry more prestige and esteem than digital track sales. 

Britney Spears is the second best selling female artist of all time with 255 million record worldwide :clap3::clap3:

peterstyles13
21 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Rihanna's numbers :rip:

Beyoncé has sold 260M+ records :rip:

Gaga has not outsold Britney :rip:

Beyoncé has around 170M solo records. You're including DC's record, which don't count.

I hate this list where they count albums + singles, it's so unfair to the biggest selling artists. Only BBC to make a list like that :ace:

If you have at least 0,5% of conscious you would know how this is wrong. 

• 2 months later...
On 27.3.2017 at 1:45 PM, Emperor said:

I understand your point the problem is that if we do a difference and start to rank album higher than single it will be unfair for new artist. There is exactly the same problem for the new gen that sell 0 album 0 single and is full stream.

which is why we cannot compare artists and do these kinds of lists. 

Furthermore, in the United States, the singles sales peak of 2012 (as well as any year since since 2006) was bigger than the albums sales peak in absolute numbers... and the difference in digital track sales and albums sales peak is around 30%. 1,200,000,000 digital singles compared to 800-900 million albums sold. 

The albums sales decline is also bigger than the singles sales decline. The American albums market is smaller than the German or British music industries at their peaks. 

In terms of revenue the gap becomes even more evident and clear. 

1) digital sales =/= physical sales

2) sales derived from streams =/= sales

3) weighted to averge, not only 00's onward albums need to be adjusted, but also pre 00's albums. 

there is no comprehensive method compiling sales of different formats (yet). Whatever sales BB can compile for Rihanna stands alone and cannot be compared to the 90/80s divas as there is only little ground they share. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.