• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inverted

• hellocory

• Thinking Of You

• Lady Bird

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

As for Weekender, I only mentioned him and Ariana because thays the only song I remember other than the Daft Funk song. 

Well that's just you, your specific comment was:

Is that what Weekender says when he sees people don't care when his songs don't feature Ariana?

...which was embarrassing. You made a dumb comment and I clocked you with facts proving that people care even more about his solo smashes than that one collab. 

Then you randomly bring up Paula Abdul who hasn't had a hit in nearly 30 years. :rip: Get some common sense before u quote me again.

OT: Impressive! Great to see Asian artists smashing even if their fans are unbearable.

NO SHADE BUT WHO?

353.gif

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Well that's just you, your specific comment was:

...which was embarrassing. You made a dumb comment and I clocked you with facts proving that people care even more about his solo smashes than that one collab. 

Then you randomly bring up Paula Abdul who hasn't had a hit in nearly 30 years. :rip: Get some common sense before u quote me again.

OT: Impressive! Great to see Asian artists smashing even if their fans are unbearable.

I brought up Paula Abdul because it's relevant analogy. You tried to contradict what I originally pointing to his other hits and I brought up an example of another singer who had even more hits in that same span of time (5 years) that people always undermine. The hits he's achieved are even smaller than Paula's so what's the difference? His impact is the same. He's drying up slowly just like Paula except she must wait and disappeared.

And yes, I was obviously exaggerating when I said that only his hit with Adriana was known.

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

Bots can't sell out stadiums and neither can your faves. :celestial:

Not when Taylor exists sksks

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

And BTS is actually a better comparison to Paula Abdul since they will be a fad just like her and every other boyband before them. Just lol if you think they'll have any longevity outside Korea but enjoy it while it lasts.

And there you have it. :cm: 

I dont like BTS at all (especially their fanbase) but you better tone down some of the drags regarding their appearance :doc:

poor haters, suffer :bibliahh:

18 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

Not when Taylor exists sksks

And Lana De Rai?

18 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

And there you have it. :cm: 

Nice try. Paula Abdul ruled the charts for 5 years and then just quit and disappeared. BTS has passed the 5 year point and is growing and bigger. What a ridiculous comparison. :skull:

Moreover, the other user pointed out that they'd still have success in their country. That's plenty of sales, which your fave Lana Del Rai strughles to get.

FYI why undermine Paula? She was much bigger and had more impact than the likes of Lana De Rai. Even Taylor is declining. Look What You Did was an irrelevant song that only peaked so high because of her name.

21 hours ago, Inverted said:

Despacito was a one off with a Spanglish version featuring a big name North American artist. Not to mention there are 50 million Soanish speakers in the US and most Spanish language still don't make mainstream hits.

Try again.

There are like 7 Spanish hits on Spotify top 50 (the biggest music platform). There ain't no K-pop songs in there. and those BTS songs will free fall soon. 

Latin music is just bigger than K-pop will ever be.

9 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

There are like 7 Spanish hits on Spotify top 50 (the biggest music platform). There ain't no K-pop songs in there. and those BTS songs will free fall soon. 

Latin music is just bigger than K-pop will ever be.

Um... there are 420 million Spanish speakers in the world (including 50 million I the US). There are very few Korean speakers in the world so that comparison is ridiculous.:skull:

Also, false. There's 8 Korean songs on Spotify's Top 50 (all BTS songs and one BlackPink). There's actually 6 Korean songs in the US Top 50 btw, but there are zero Spanish ones currently.

Try again.

21 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

But they’re not new :rip:

Name me a hit by them first oS2xBfn.gif

Their albums, including their latest, which has sold over 3.5 million already.

oS2xBfn.gif

And they are new artists internationally.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:33 AM, Harranger said:

I don’t even stan BTS but the racism in here is sickening :biblio:

kkkTRL doesn't shock me anymore

Harranger

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Um... there are 420 million Spanish speakers in the world (including 50 million I the US). There are very few Korean speakers in the world so that comparison is ridiculous.:skull:

Also, false. There's 8 Korean songs on Spotify's Top 50 (all BTS songs and one BlackPink). There's actually 6 Korean songs in the US Top 50 btw, but there are zero Spanish ones currently.

Try again.

But y'all claim K-pop to be bigger than Latin music when it's completely false (in a global scale). 

As I said before those BTS songs will free fall soon. There have been at least 5 Spanish songs on Spotify Top 50 since 2017. K-pop is yet to have a Despacito, Mi Gente, X, Chantaje, Sin Pijama, Dura, etc. 

3 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

But y'all claim K-pop to be bigger than Latin music when it's completely false (in a global scale). 

As I said before those BTS songs will free fall soon. There have been at least 5 Spanish songs on Spotify Top 50 since 2017. K-pop is yet to have a Despacito, Mi Gente, X, Chantaje, Sin Pijama, Dura, etc. 

I never said that K-pop is bigger than Latin American music. I contradicted your lies that there are more Spanish-language songs than Korean songs currently in the Top 50. That's false. There are zero Spanish songs currently and eight Korean songs. You also claimed that those BTS songs will free fall, but BlackPink's single has been been in the Top 50 for almost 2 weeks now. BTS' with Halsey will likely stay there for a while also.

Moreover, Spanish-language music had their big crossover moment starting all the way back in the 90s starting with Macarena and Ricky Martin so it's not surprising Latin American artists have the advantage, especially with 50+ million Spanish speakers in the US (and 420 million globally). K-pop didn't start crossing over until the 2010s so the fact that there are 8 Korean songs in the Top 50 even though there are very few Korean speakers in the world and Spotify isn't used there is really impressive. They're making global impact with non-Korean support. The vast majority of the people listening to reggaeton/trap in Spanish are actual Spanish-speakers. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I never said that K-pop is bigger than Latin American music. I contradicted your lies that there are more Spanish-language songs than Korean songs currently in the Top 50. That's false. There are zero Spanish songs currently and eight Korean songs. You also claimed that those BTS songs will free fall, but BlackPink's single has been been in the Top 50 for almost 2 weeks now. BTS' with Halsey will likely stay there for a while also.

I didn't say it was you who said that

actually, 10/50 songs in Spotify's WW top 50 are latin songs.  :skull:

6. Con Calma

15. Pa' Mí - Remix

16. HP

17. Calma - Remix

24. Baila Baila Baila

27. Secreto 

37. Verte Ir

41. Te Robaré

42. Con Altura

46. Taki Taki 

1 minute ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I didn't say it was you who said that

actually, 10/50 songs in Spotify's WW top 50 are latin songs.  :skull:

6. Con Calma

15. Pa' Mí - Remix

16. HP

17. Calma - Remix

24. Baila Baila Baila

27. Secreto 

37. Verte Ir

41. Te Robaré

42. Con Altura

46. Taki Taki 

I was talking about Spotify US. :skull:

Again, how can Korean songs compete with Spanish-language songs with number of Spanish speakers in the world? There's literally a continent named South America, plus other countries like Mexico, Spain and the Latin Caribbean countries. Spotify isn't even used in either of the Koreas. :skull: 

The fact that people in this thread can’t accept BTS success shows that they’re winning

On 4/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, Thinking Of You said:

They way Asians treat POC over there is a disgrace so I really don’t care 

You're exaggerating. There are plenty of non-white expats in East Asian countries and, although racism definitely exists, they don't get treated poorly.

haters  comparing songs in korean to ****ing spanish :ahh:

some of yall are just DUMB

ba5259a9ebb0489d.png

OT: Talent won and evil was defeated

ba5259a9ebb0489d.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.