Final: Ariana 355K; #2 Gaga; #10 Kacey; Meghan sells 3.5K

679 posts in this topic

MusicBiz234
1 hour ago, Thuggin said:

But Monsters and Swifties told me it was flopping?

Hopefully the numbers rise to 400k

Most Swifties are Ariana fans. 

Taylor’s album sales are an anomaly. Ariana is a pop force in her own right. These are great numbers for Ari! Glad to see back to back successful eras, even though I’m still bitter that Breathin wasn’t the smash it deserved to be.

Ivan_brit

350k Debut is fantastic!! :clap3: 

I hope she keeps increasing :duca: 

Walk_Away21
1 hour ago, Thuggin said:

I think y’all forget that the trajectory for streaming heavy albums is way different than the trajectory for pure sales heavy albums. Post Malone and Drake debuted with way less than Reputation but both their albums ended up way bigger. :laugh: Streaming isn’t about the first week. It serves longevity.

Taylor used Rep to launch the biggest female tour in history so not sure how Reputation wasn't as big of an album :rip:

Thuggin
11 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Taylor used Rep to launch the biggest female tour in history so not sure how Reputation wasn't as big of an album :rip:

Tours are separate from albums. Scorpion has done more SPS units than Reputation and B&B either has already or will surpass it soon.

Squall

I knew they were undestimating her numbers. :clap3: 

Scandal

i knew it! i still think it could go higher 

sober
5 hours ago, Thuggin said:

I think y’all forget that the trajectory for streaming heavy albums is way different than the trajectory for pure sales heavy albums. Post Malone and Drake debuted with way less than Reputation but both their albums ended up way bigger. :laugh: Streaming isn’t about the first week. It serves longevity.

Really? I was told the same when Sweetener broke several streaming records but it ended up on struggling outdoing Reputation first week SPS units after 6 months, so depending on the artist there can be exceptions. I hope she can now have some better longevity with those lil quick streaming hits and probably have her first album spending reputation total weeks on top 10 or maybe snatch her first #1 BB200 YE.

Isaiah
5 hours ago, Thuggin said:

1. No they didn’t 

2. Has Sweetener’s total SPS even reached Rep’s first week total? 

PrettyHurts

fake news it will do over 400k just wait for the next update 

Marianah Adkins

Swifties should calm tf down. Ari's not going to unseat Taylor in the main pop girl table.

Popboi.
17 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

fake news it will do over 400k just wait for the next update 

No it won't, 300k from SEA and TEA is completely out of range.

weasley

I don’t get the drama comparing Taylor and Ariana, they have both proved themselves with everything they have done the last 2 eras. I believe POP is rising again and they have helped A LOT.

On Topic, I hope Numbers keep rising :party:

FrederickSpears

Woo she should put up a few signed copies on her website to boost it even more :duca: 

channel orange

**** outta here with that pure sales!1!1!1 bull****. y’all are comparing apples and oranges

Eternium
3 hours ago, sober said:

Really? I was told the same when Sweetener broke several streaming records but it ended up on struggling outdoing Reputation first week SPS units after 6 months, so depending on the artist there can be exceptions. I hope she can now have some better longevity with those lil quick streaming hits and probably have her first album spending reputation total weeks on top 10 or maybe snatch her first #1 BB200 YE.

Ariana’s singles are the opposites of quick streaming hits.

Just her catalog singles on U.S. Spotify:

65. NTLTC - 367,241

72. Breathin’ - 355,747

97. God Is A Woman - 307,131

192. Into You - 197,293

Literally her entire early career is plagued with bad Chart runs because the songs were bigger over time (see: Into You bombing but going 4x Platinum).

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

1. No they didn’t 

HDD has Sweetener at 1.2M SPS as of 2/1. Seeing as Reputation did 1.238M SPS first week, I think it’s fair to assume that Sweetener has either surpassed it or is very close.

Thuggin
4 hours ago, sober said:

Nothing quick about Ariana's hits. You must be thinking about all those Taylor singles that completely collapsed after a few weeks. How many weeks did Reputation spend top 10? 12? TUN will very likely beat that.

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

1. No they didn’t 

1. Yes they're much bigger albums. :rip: And they didn't need tricks like getting fans to buy as many albums as possible to get better tour seats either.

2. Last update was 1.2 million without YouTube and the Grammy award winner has a chance to return to the top 10 next week so clearly it's doing well. Off topic though.

Isaiah
5 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Nothing quick about Ariana's hits. You must be thinking about all those Taylor singles that completely collapsed after a few weeks. How many weeks did Reputation spend top 10? 12? TUN will very likely beat that.

1. Yes they're much bigger albums. :rip: And they didn't need tricks like getting fans to buy as many albums as possible to get better tour seats either.

2. Last update was 1.2 million without YouTube and the Grammy award winner has a chance to return to the top 10 next week so clearly it's doing well. Off topic though.

your answer to #2 could’ve simply been “no it hasn’t”  since that’s what you’re dancing around :cm: 

-

and “much” bigger even though rep was #1 year end despite having its entire first month not counted in the 2018 BB tracking year? Doesn’t sound frontloaded to me despite what you’re trying to say. The fact you’re clingjng to post Malone and drake of all people just to bring Taylor down :skull: