Ger

3 hours ago, dussymob said:

Chartsfan keeps y’all so bothered it’s hilarious. :lmao: 

They could easily ignore him...but they don’t want to:oh:

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

It’s hard exhausting work ya know, :)

:dies:

1 hour ago, Capruni said:

Mariah Carey - Fantasy, One Sweet Day and Honey (3)

Britney Spears - 3 and Hold It Against Me (2)

Vocal legends and icon ariana only:clap3:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Ger

• Jude

• Sinister

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

It’s not B.B. oundisnt sending the info

plus didn’t someone post a few weeks ago, in order for the uK chart to come out on Friday afternoon, they use estimated final day sales/streams?

UK only estimate streams on Thur, everything else (pure sales Fri to Thur, streams Fri to Wed) were using real data. I mean they could released chart on Sat to include real Thur streams data so that's like 1 day max waiting.

Still It's odd to see BB need 3 days to sort out sales/streams when technologies and algorithms today are able to get these data and tabulated in seconds. 

The fumes. I can smell it already from the future. :fish1:

Ariana Grande is challenging for a No. 1 launch on next week's Billboard Hot 100chart (dated Feb. 2), as her new single "7 Rings" could blast in at the summit, following its Jan. 18 release.

In projecting partial-week data, "7 Rings," released on Republic Records, could launch with over 70 million U.S. streams, 20 million in airplay audience and 80,000 downloads sold, placing it in line to arrive as the most-streamed and most-sold song of the week.

The Hot 100 blends weekly streaming, airplay and sales data, according to Nielsen Music

Hide yo faves. :jonny5:

Well I estimated 80 million in my early. So 70M from Billboard makes sense.

Probably 85 million in the end

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Well I estimated 80 million in my early. So 70M from Billboard makes sense.

Probably 85 million in the end

Oh right. They're always conservative. :mandown:

Does Cardi’s Money have any chance at snatching a week in top 10? Its #13 now which is impressive.

4 hours ago, Needy said:

Some people enabling that user :rip:

-

Ariana is untouchable right now :clap3: :keir: 

Who is the some people you speak of?

18 hours ago, Cryptique said:

:jonny5:

If only US RADIO supported this Global SMASH 

yeah but we can't really expect radio to support it when it gets such bad callouts

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

People are slowly going back to buying physical music, vinyl and cassette sales rise each year,

the GP is clueing in, don’t depend on the music you like always being available online. I’d you like it, make sure you control your access to the music you like. Not some site that can take it up or down whenever, or change it whenever.

don't conflate vinyl culture and cassette culture with the gp. even though vinyl and cassette have been rising, they're still very much niche/novelty and a lot of mainstream artists either don't release to vinyl (and cassette) at all, or when they do, they make limited pressings. if you look at the vinyl album chart, there are a few mainstream records from niche acts that make it there, but it's mostly catalogue releases and non-mainstream indie artists. quite a few major artists are already starting to ditch physical sales as a whole anyway. Cardi B had a huge era with Invasion of Privacy and the album is a digital-only release…

2 hours ago, Yndda said:

don't conflate vinyl culture and cassette culture with the gp. even though vinyl and cassette have been rising, they're still very much niche/novelty and a lot of mainstream artists either don't release to vinyl (and cassette) at all, or when they do, they make limited pressings. if you look at the vinyl album chart, there are a few mainstream records from niche acts that make it there, but it's mostly catalogue releases and non-mainstream indie artists. quite a few major artists are already starting to ditch physical sales as a whole anyway. Cardi B had a huge era with Invasion of Privacy and the album is a digital-only release…

:clap3:

9 hours ago, Capruni said:

Mariah Carey - Fantasy, One Sweet Day and Honey (3)

Britney Spears - 3 and Hold It Against Me (2)

Womanizer actually debuted #1 too 

it debuted early because of radio @ #96 or smth 

then rised to #1 next week 

15 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

How’s that completing your (royal) lost lady Gaga collection going?  So nice to buy incorrect copies of the album now in digital form,

:lmao:

6 hours ago, Jude said:

The fumes. I can smell it already from the future. :fish1:

Called it from the second the song was announced. Deserved :clap3: 

23 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

so it didn't debut at 1. it debut at 96. the same like one of the taylor swift songs, I don't remember which one.

2 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

so it didn't debut at 1. it debut at 96. the same like one of the taylor swift songs, I don't remember which one.

Both WANEGOD and SIO debuted in the 70s before skyrocketing to #1 in their second week

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

But that’s what the GP buys,  stuff they know. Not the latest social media teen sensation.

someone who is 18 doesn’t have twenty years of music listening, and isn’t seeing all their songs come and go from streaming services or even digital sales.

thsts the GP who is going back to buying music. That counting on someone to have your song still when you’ve lost your phone and need to replace your collection of songs.  Or your HD died.you can no longer rebut a digital copy.

the general public is not bopping to fleetwood mac's "rumours" :skull: people that buy classic albums like "rumours" and "thriller" on vinyl are, more often than not, just buying it for collection purposes; not so they can listen to it actively at home. again, vinyls are still very much novelty, even among the few who actually listen to vinyl (these people are typically called "audiophiles" for a reason) on a proper audio set-up and not people who buy it for collection purposes.

another point i forgot to bring up in my post: vinyl is not going to eat out streaming, nor is it going to outright replace it. if sweden (whose industry has been majority-streaming since 2011) taught us anything, it's that streaming will still grow as vinyl grows. vinyl has been booming in sweden for years now, but it hasn't eaten into streaming's growth. :michael:

edit: ANOTHER point: if you lose your phone, your streaming library doesn't disappear with it. it's connected directly to your account, meaning you can access it on pretty much every computer and smartphone that is capable of loading streaming apps. i can chuck my phone out of my bedroom window onto the pavement right now and still be able to access my library on my laptop :skull:

Edited by Yndda

31 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

so it didn't debut at #1

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Nobody said it was going to beat streaming,

in my post saying "and [streaming] is replaced with what?" you said the GP is "slowly going back to buying physical music" and that the GP is "cluing in". you kind of implied that vinyls would displace streaming :skull: if that's not what you were implying then i'm sorry.

CnH6ihd.png

8 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Missed the point again.

i was referring to songs REMOVED from streaming and digital sales sites.

That counting on someone to have your song still when you’ve lost your phone and need to replace your collection of songs.  Or your HD died.you can no longer rebut a digital copy

i was referring to this line from your post. you explicitly mentioned scenarios involving people losing their phone. i responded to what would happen in said scenario. :skull:

Edited by Yndda

Some points were made

Removal of songs from streaming means no access on that platform. But pirating will always be a thing, so you never truly lose out

It sucks that Aaliyah's music isn't on streaming, but if I was really dying to listen I could always download it

With the industry moving towards stream, I don't foresee ppl pulling their music off. If they do, it would be a Taylor situation and even she came back. Jay-Z pulled nearly all his music, but you can still find some stuff

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Both WANEGOD and SIO debuted in the 70s before skyrocketing to #1 in their second week

and look what you made me do

5 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

yeah but we can't really expect radio to support it when it gets such bad callouts

A good label and manager (like Scooter) will payola its way to the radio for several weeks no matter what and watch it grow with the audience.. and Bad Call Out Aside, Radio was hesitant to play it in the first place cause it ain't mainstream and trendy enough..

And about the Bad Call Out, yeah what do we expect from America's taste nowadays.. Shallow was/is well loved by international radios i wonder why.. oh maybe it's the urban wave that's why Ari is a sellout

19 hours ago, Rentboy said:

I am jealous of many famous people. Especially the billionaires. I sure as hell am not jealous of Ariana. I was never bothered by her either way but recently I find her behaviour quite cold and tactless. To be cashing in on exes drama in your music when one has killed himself and another almost did too is quite ruthless in my eyes. Shameless certainly. And then her brazen hypocrisy slamming one ex for daring to reference her in a joke. I hope she enjoys the benefits from doing it. She is rapdily catching her brother up in the annoying stakes. Jealous sure as hell is not the word.

Mac didn't kill himself. Stop talking disrespectful ****ing nonsense cause you have some weird ****ing beef with a young female artist. 

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

There’s a great difference between how superstars are kept on streaming services, compared to how bands and artists thst might scratch the top forty of a genre chart sre treated.

not everyone listens to the superstars, nor has a clue how to illegally download music, or would even if they did know how.  I mean it is illegal and probably shouldn’t even be made eeas a suggestion of how to find music of artists taken off streaming and iTunes etc.

Google is free

A simple search of the song with the words "free download" attached and boom anyone can download a song. Illegal or not...its an option that almost never results in anything major

And what does any of this have to do with superstars? Even the lesser known ppl are all over the web

It is what it is. Streaming was a way to combat this "illegal" process to begin with. And again, it's only so long before an artist decides to put their material back up.

I have friends who have their songs up on streaming services. They ain't even touching the top 500,000...but it's still up there for someone all the way in the Philippines to listen to if they come across a reference to it. And the songs arent going anywhere. So im unsure what you're trynna get at

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.