Taylor dominates YE AM China (2018)

Taylor fanboy

38 minutes ago, Communion said:

No one is denying that Taylor is huge in China. I’m sure she’s all over year end lists for other, larger streaming services too. Someone brought up how odd it seemed Taylor was not only bigger than any other Western act but almost most Chinese acts and it was pointed out to them that Apple Music’s audience in China skews with more foreigners than the main services. To which you claimed fake news. Put down the defensive blinders, sis. :skull:

Because it's true  :cm:

Taylor is not only bigger than the entirety of western artists but also bigger than the vast majority of domestic artists in China. When we do look at the larger music apps, Taylor is constantly at the top. Here's the top digital albums from 2014 to today according to an aggregator of all the Chinese music services that disclose sales data:

ce434a48ly1fyumpqla1aj21oe0u07jc.jpg

Taylor literally has 2 albums in the top 3. A queen  :cm:

Edited by TtaraHae

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Taylor fanboy

• Ash12345

• Cloröx

3 hours ago, TtaraHae said:

Taylor is not only bigger than the entirety of western artists but also bigger than the vast majority of domestic artists in China. When we do look at the larger music apps, Taylor is constantly at the top. Here's the top digital albums from 2014 to today according to an aggregator of all the Chinese music services that disclose sales data:

Sis, what is this nonsense mish-mash of metrics? :skull:

That user and I are talking about year-end placings for individual songs, not gross revenue for expensive American albums. :deadbanana:

I'm simply saying I wouldn't be shocked if Taylor has less total songs on the year end chart for Kugou or QQ Music than she does for Apple Music China because of who uses Apple Music vs. who uses the other services. Apple Music isn't even in the Top 10 music services in China. 

If you can simply provide me a year-end chart for 2018 from QQ Music or Kugou or even Kuwo, you would have your answer, but you're trying to now tell me nonsense about revenue. 

46 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sis, what is this nonsense mish-mash of metrics? :skull:

That user and I are talking about year-end placings for individual songs, not gross revenue for expensive American albums. :deadbanana:

I'm simply saying I wouldn't be shocked if Taylor has less total songs on the year end chart for Kugou or QQ Music than she does for Apple Music China because of who uses Apple Music vs. who uses the other services. Apple Music isn't even in the Top 10 music services in China. 

If you can simply provide me a year-end chart for 2018 from QQ Music or Kugou or even Kuwo, you would have your answer, but you're trying to now tell me nonsense about revenue. 

Even based on revenue, when we convert to it to album sales, Taylor is still selling millions in album equivalent. We have this thread multiple times already so the only the thing that haters can come at end is "Music is cheap in China". :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Even based on revenue

No one is talking about revenue. Are y'all on drugs? :skull:

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Because QQ Music etc. that you mentioned are based on revenue to indicate the popularity. They're not like Spotify/Apple Music which based on number of streams :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Because QQ Music etc. that you mentioned are based on revenue to indicate the popularity. They're not like Spotify/Apple Music which based on number of streams :celestial5:

Sis, I follow how K-pop acts perform in China. IDK who you're trying to lecture, Kugou literally has tracking for individual songs' performance. What's not clicking?

7 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

Not a single black artist in the whole top 100

Superpower

bc they dont make music that caters to the asian market?

its not that difficult.

5 hours ago, TtaraHae said:

@Communion Well, basically Kugou was there too. Maybe you need a microscope

2 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

@Communion Well, basically Kugou was there too. Maybe you need a microscope

Kugou ALSO tracks individual performance of songs. I've literally seen times from when BIGBANG would have the Top 3 songs on Kugou for the week, month or year. I'm simply pointing out that these types of lists *do* exist and would make the most logical comparison to AM, not revenue totals for all combined tracks of an album, like you yourself even say is not how AM works. :skull:

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

Kugou ALSO tracks individual performance of songs. I've literally seen times from when BIGBANG would have the Top 3 songs on Kugou for the week, month or year. I'm simply pointing out that these types of lists *do* exist and would make the most logical comparison to AM, not revenue totals for all combined tracks of an album, like you yourself even say is not how AM works. :skull:

Are you smoking weed or what? The point is Taylor slays almost all streaming platforms in China. AM stats based on number of streams and she really have huge streams on that service. And other streaming platforms that bigger than AM in China also showing that Taylor is huge there. So what's the problem? 

1 minute ago, Coklek92 said:

The point is Taylor slays almost all streaming platforms in China. 

No one denied this. What are you not grasping? It was simply pointed out that AM skews more to foreigners in China. 

Find me rankings of individual songs on Kugou and QQ for 2018 - since they exist since K-Pop fandoms use them all the time to show how Lay actually has the #1 album of 2018 in China or that Big Bang had the #1 song of 2016 on Kugou - and show me that Taylor has more songs out of the Top 100 on such individual song rankings for Kugou and QQ Music than she does on Apple Music if what I'm saying is making you this upset. :skull:

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

No one denied this. What are you not grasping? It was simply pointed out that AM skews more to foreigners in China. 

Find me rankings of individual songs on Kugou and QQ for 2018 - since they exist since K-Pop fandoms use them all the time to show how Lay actually has the #1 album of 2018 in China or that Big Bang had the #1 song of 2016 on Kugou - and show me that Taylor has more songs out of the Top 100 on such individual song rankings for Kugou and QQ Music than she does on Apple Music if what I'm saying is making you this upset. :skull:

Who cares about ranking when everything will be counted into the revenue and it turns out that Taylor truly is one of the top artists in China. That alone telling us that she's slaying the individual ranking too :cm:

But you do what you need to do discredit Taylor :celestial3:

1 minute ago, Coklek92 said:

Who cares about ranking

The person I quoted. Jesus Christ. :skull:

Save everyone their time and headaches if you’re just going to nonsensically bumrush conversations and not even keep track of what’s being discussed because you want to stan like a bull in a China shop. 

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Save everyone their time and headaches if you’re just going to nonsensically bumrush conversations and not even keep track of what’s being discussed because you want to stan like a bull in a China shop. 

You’re just trying to discredit every source when the fact remains by any metric and on every streaming service Taylor is by far the biggest western act. And amongst the biggest acts overall. 

@TtaraHae posted receipts clocking you and yet you’re still trying to deflect and create nonsensical conversations whilst blaming others for doing so. 

OT: congrats Taylor, the biggest western act in the biggest country in the world. 

6 hours ago, TtaraHae said:

OMG :jonny5:

Not her owning two of the three biggest albums. 

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Thanks for clarifying that Taylor is slaying China ?❤️

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

And even you pointing out that individual ranking, will it make any difference to the fact that Taylor's albums are one the best selling in China?

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

You’re just trying to discredit every source when the fact remains by any metric and on every streaming service Taylor is by far the biggest western act. And amongst the biggest acts overall. 

@TtaraHae posted receipts clocking you and yet you’re still trying to deflect and create nonsensical conversations whilst blaming others for doing so. 

OT: congrats Taylor, the biggest western act in the biggest country in the world. 

It’s literally FUMING in two Taylor threads at once :jonny5:

OT: Legend

2 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

But... but where's the individual ranking? :bibliahh:

17 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Clock me? The three most sold albums in China for 2018 are all by Chinese artists. :skull:

if you think Taylor was bigger than Lay in 2018, more power to you. :skull:

12 hours ago, Communion said:

The majority of music apps in China are based on revenue for their charts and digital certifications, you're clearly the one on drugs here.

For example, on QQ Music, an album needs to generate 10 million yuans to be certified 2x Diamond. This is a really rare achievement. An achievement Taylor achieved twice while other artists (both western and local) usually stall in Platinum certifications. You're constantly ignorant about the subject at hand yet pretend to be smarter than everyone which only makes you look like boo boo the fool at the end. I quoted you about Taylor being not only more popular than western artists, but also the majority of local Chinese artists. You replied saying "we're talking about songs not albums!1!!1!!" as if it changes the fact that Taylor factually IS more popular than the vast majority of domestic artists as shown by the fact that her 2 latest albums are the second and third most successful since the start of China's digital/streaming era :rip: 

Why does Taylor get you so pressed? Everytime I see you in a Taylor-related thread you look like you're about to have an aneurysm :skull: 

Queen of China

They have very amazing taste

21 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

Not a single black artist in the whole top 100

Superpower

Havana (feat. Young Thug)
Camila Cabello

End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)
Taylor Swift

Closer (feat. Halsey)
The Chainsmokers

See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth)
Wiz Khalifa

Might have missed some. The statement would be true enough if you're just talking about solo hits.

OT - congrats to Taylor .

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting and rewording

18 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

The majority of music apps in China are based on revenue for their charts and digital certifications, you're clearly the one on drugs here.

Sis, you literally posted a chart showing all data over the last four years to hide that Taylor didnt even land in the Top 10 for albums in 2018, in a thread about 2018, while fuming over me pointing out a simple fact that Apple Music is largely used by foreigners to  user who wasn't even being honest when asking the question. 

Look up the top 10 albums in China this year and have a nice surprise. :skull:

The sociopathy this woman attracts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.