TUN sells 5 million in less than 2 months

Scandal

Why are people pressed?

It’s 2019, obviously we know these include streams which is how people consume music now, so yeah it’s at 5M units “sold” worldwide.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• JBJT2786

• Scandal

• Jude

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

Even with SPS songs don't move as many units as when it was just pure sales making up total units. Are we really going to be fighting over songs selling such small amounts? Shallow is a huge WW smash and could barely push 1 million pure sales WW. Yet it's closing in on 4 million SPS soon which is much more indicative of its success.

...why bring Shallow into this? How random. 

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

No SPS is adjusted streams and sales put together, just like the picture in the ****ing OP, are you dense?

The OP wrote "sells" in their title which would confuse anyone into thinking she actual SOLD 5 million instead it being brought and consumed via streaming. Why are you still not getting what I'm saying sis? :rip:

omg y’all really are living in the past, not changing the title if u can’t deal with streams being sales equivalents now :fan:

Just now, Arthoe said:

...why bring Shallow into this? How random. 

To show another smash song from 2018 looking underwhelming if we're only talking about sales. SPS is the new way of measuring song success and there's countless other examples as to why we use the term "sell" when referring to SPS.

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

The OP wrote "sells" in their title which would confuse anyone into thinking she actual SOLD 5 million instead it being brought and consumed via streaming. Why are you still not getting what I'm saying sis? :rip:

Cause anyone in 2018 knows that these are not actual sales but adjusted sales, like who would think that? :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Why are people pressed?

It’s 2019, obviously we know these include streams which is how people consume music now, so yeah it’s at 5M units “sold” worldwide.

Just now, Cain said:

Cause anyone in 2018 knows that these are not actual sales but adjusted sales, like who would think that? :deadbanana4:

Desperate stans will cling to this like its actual pure sales. It's been used to go against older artists who dont thrive off of streams.

Again nothing against Ari. It's very impressive and shows how big of a pop star she is. 

Also I'm a huge advocate of SPS esp when stans using pure sales as drags to other artists. I'm just stating  just changing it to SPS wont hurt. Of course in a few years it wont matter than the line between pure sales and SPS will completely  blurry.

Ari is getting ha coins anyway so I'll stop.

its funny because on twitter, stan twitter has already adapted to sales automatically including SPS and the distinction doesn’t need to be made :deadbanana2:  goes to show how a lot of you guys are living in the past

7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Desperate stans will cling to this like its actual pure sales. It's been used to go against older artists who dont thrive off of streams.

Again nothing against Ari. It's very impressive and shows how big of a pop star she is. 

Also I'm a huge advocate of SPS esp when stans using pure sales as drags to other artists. I'm just stating  just changing it to SPS wont hurt. Of course in a few years it wont matter than the line between pure sales and SPS will completely  blurry.

Ari is getting ha coins anyway so I'll stop.

Ah okay I didn’t get that point, but tbh I really don’t think anyone in the stanworld would not know these are adjusted sales. And they are adjusted to what it would have sold had it been released 10 years ago and had the same success so I’d say it’s pretty fair to compare past sales to today’s adjusted sales.

7 minutes ago, Scandal said:

its funny because on twitter, stan twitter has already adapted to sales automatically including SPS and the distinction doesn’t need to be made :deadbanana2:  goes to show how a lot of you guys are living in the past

Right? Like I’m gonna shade my own fave here but Dua doens’t sell **** and she doesn’t need to cause she’s a streaming monster, and her adjusted sales are fine. I really don’t get why a distinction even needs to be made anymore.

• ATRL Moderator

She’s so powerful :jonny5:

28 minutes ago, Cain said:

20 minutes ago, Scandal said:

Because 90% of all people literally are unaware of the music industry dying. :rip: 

Anyway, I thought it was clear that nobody is really „clinging“ to pure sales, just don‘t call it sales when it‘s not. Just say „moved 5M units“ and move on stan warring on Christmas Eve.

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

"Sells"... impressive anyway!

a good point

"SELL"***** LOL but good for her, she's gathering coins.

1 hour ago, PFRR said:

lol I needed a laugh today

4-cardi-b_w700_h700.thumb.jpg.e645e03730

The nerve when your fave benefits most from SPS

-

Only the biggest pop act of this generation! :clap3: 

Edited by Kings.

It moved 5M single equivalents (which is impressive), but it did not sell 5M copies. Why use the word "sell"? I don't think anyone is saying streams shouldn't be counted and that pure sales is all that matters, we're just saying you have to use the right terms :rip:

Edited by WayTooHonest13

People are still pressed and fuming over SPS formula? Stay living under the rock, fatties. 

OT: Queen. :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Jude said:

People are still pressed and fuming over SPS formula? Stay living under the rock, fatties. 

OT: Queen. :jonny5:

It's not the formula, its the fact that the words "sells" and "sold" is referring to streams without any mention of conversion. Its the first time I have personally come across this so its a bit of an eye opener to how in the future mentioning any types of SPS conversions is going to be less necessary if not useless altogether. 

1 minute ago, TtaraHae said:

It's not the formula, its the fact that the words "sells" and "sold" is referring to streams without any mention of conversion. Its the first time I have personally come across this so its a bit of an eye opener to how in the future mentioning any types of SPS conversions is going to be less necessary if not useless altogether. 

sell
verb
  1. 1.
    give or hand over (something) in exchange for money.
    "they had sold the car"
    synonyms: put up for sale, offer for sale, put on sale, dispose of, vend, auction (off); More

2. 2.
    persuade someone of the merits of.
    "he sold the idea of making a film about Tchaikovsky"
    synonyms: promote; More

and 75% of music revenue last year is from streaming. Streaming is the main source of income for labels and artists these days, just like digital sales few years ago. I don't see the problem of that word being used there. They let you stream their music, you give them small coins as an exchange. It's not rocket science. 

But yeah, the OP should have at least indicated that it's "5M units". However, he didn't say "5M sales" so he's not also wrong. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.