• Scandal

• Jude

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PFRR said:

lol I needed a laugh today

becoming bigger than any cardi song :jonny5: 

12 minutes ago, PFRR said:

lol I needed a laugh today

It’s already eligible for 3xPlatinum in the US :rip: stay mad...

OT: Queen 

Trashvana is shook.

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

"Sells"... impressive anyway!

These are adjusted sales so yes, why are people so pressed at this formula. :skull:

"Sells"

I had to laugh.

But it's also it's made more 5 million SPS. Not alot of faves can say that...

• ATRL Moderator

is there a source for these figures? … i love ari to bits but i don't want to be using unsourced figures and then get clocked on it if they turn out to be mostly false :skull:

Edited by Yndda

1 minute ago, Cain said:

These are adjusted sales so yes, why are people so pressed at this formula. :skull:

In Italy, for example, the charts company ONLY counts premium Spotify/Apple Music streams and physical/digital sales for charts and certifications. So that figure is more likely to be 10k.

Just now, Cain said:

I'm all for defending SPS and pure sales in general are ded...but calling it sales when it clearly isnt is not the way to go by it.

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

I'm all for defending SPS and pure sales in general are ded...but calling it sales when it clearly isnt is not the way to go by it.

Well that’s the way to go about it to compare it to older music imo.

It would be weird to say ‘Mariah sold 30M and Ariana streamed 4B, who’s bigger?’

Also this, we should just consider them streams. A better 'equivalent' to sales would be counting the number of single users who streamed the track.

A SMASH HIT!!!!

Just now, Cain said:

Well that’s the way to go about it to compare it to older music imo.

It would be weird to say ‘Mariah sold 30M and Ariana streamed 4B, who’s bigger?’

Obivously mariah's 30 M. The correct way is Mariah has 40M SPS and Ariana has 45M SPS....who's bigger

Just now, JBJT2786 said:

Obivously mariah's 30 M. The correct way is Mariah has 40M SPS and Ariana has 45M SPS....who's bigger

But then you’d turn the streams into sales... like this thread is doing rn?

I‘m all for SPS, but y‘all fomos need to stop trying to pass them off as actual sales ?

5 minutes ago, Cain said:

But then you’d turn the streams into sales... like this thread is doing rn?

SPS is not just sales.... are you that dense?

Sales plus Streams.  :rip:

I'm not even against Ari on this. Its impressive to have that much consumption off of one song. It's just the OP is wrong on the title.

Edited by JBJT2786

1 minute ago, Arthoe said:

I‘m all for SPS, but y‘all fomos need to stop trying to pass them off as actual sales ?

Even with SPS songs don't move as many units as when it was just pure sales making up total units. Are we really going to be fighting over songs selling such small amounts? Shallow is a huge WW smash and could barely push 1 million pure sales WW. Yet it's closing in on 4 million SPS soon which is much more indicative of its success.

SPS is not just sales.... are you that dense?

No SPS is adjusted streams and sales put together, just like the picture in the ****ing OP, are you dense?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.