Tsareena's Best of '18 | AOTY Pg 23

Tsareena

Denzel was good but it's one of those albums where I listened once and then forgot about it. Oxnard was so boring tbh. :rip: Malibu outsold!

Young Fathers. :clap3: 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsareena

• theblackestday

• Remmy

• Blue Rose

oxnard was like... fine but a huge step down from the gorgeous malibu imo. loved young fathers, a lil bit low

• ATRL Moderator

I liked denzel's album but only listened to it once.  For some reason he's very talented but doesn't stand out to me.

Sangria wine is cool, don't listen to all the haters :)

Never really cared about Young Fathers until this album 504989512754003978.png?v=1 They snapped tho! TA13OO was a solid debut but I expected more from Denzel

taboo and oxnard were step downs from their previous but cocoa was a step up. 

LoveLaws is cute, only made my HM's tho. it could have used a bit more variation

Cocoa Sugar? a classic

I don't know the albums, 

but Sangria Wine is a cute song. :jonny5: 

Almost Love always has me working my cardio sessions. :jonny5: 

cocoa sugar is my favourite here too, but i'm not as disappointed by oxnard as everyone else seems to be, even though it is undoubtedly a step down from malibu.

• ATRL Moderator

b3r8ZAq.gif

70 - 66

HdEok9i.png

A cute tribute to Christina's Dirrty. A really fun bop. Sad it flopped hard

ClCRAXu.png\

Really enjoying Louis The Child's production. A very nice chainsmoker esque bop without being annoying.

40S5HBK.png

Quavo's debut album was very half baked but this was the standout for me. Really it was just Madonna I liked 

kn0zwN3.png

Another project I didn't care for much outside a few songs. Sugarparents is such a highlight and yes for Rico

RyRC0lZ.png

Probably more famous for her Bey Christmas Parody but Jade released a cute debut this year and this stood out

champagne rosé :bibliahh: 

yes is that bop tho, lemme add it to my list

I heard Yes back in the day when ATRL was buzzing about it and it's fine. :-*  Champagne Rosé kinda sounds like a nightmare just reading who's on that track :keir:

• ATRL Moderator

On 12/13/2018 at 9:01 PM, Superpower said:

Cocoa Sugar never fell off for me. I had few of its songs in my gym playlist so the album got a lot of longevity. 

Oxnard. I wanted to love it, but it was just okay and okay doesn’t cut it in 2018

:mandown: oop I'm starting to get tired of oxnard myself

On 12/13/2018 at 9:21 PM, theblackestday said:

My payola worked :heart2: still deserved better 

I got tired of Oxnard after the first week tbh, it was pretty underwhelming, so this is a deserved spot. Now you need to listen to Malibu :)

yas past me was sleep on cocoa sugar :mandown:

23 hours ago, Temporal said:

Maggie :clap3: Make a Spotify playlist so I can listen to these, fat

:chick3: oop great idea. I'll add one once my songs list is done

22 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I loved the young fathers album when it came out too but it aged like milk; TA13OO is great

good thing I slept on them then ff

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Get It had so bad production :rip:  I mean, with all that artists...

Bad Girlfriend is one of my SYM faves :clap3: 

I actually like SW too :skull: I can't @ atrl starting to hate this when this flopped, while all of them asking her to release this song since like forever :rip: 

yaas we need more SW stans. Atrl was enjoying it before it flopped

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Oxnard is cute! I only recently listened to it but agree with you - a funky and enjoyable listen. I think I prefer his album from 2016 (was that the year?) more though.

Cocoa Sugar I see a lot! Let me put ha on my queue before I get to the "Cs" on my listing 

oh wow the consensus that Malibu is much better... I'll definitely try it  

17 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Shotgun is one of the worst songs I've ever heard :mandown: Why Did You Do That making the top 100 :clap3:

Baby and Bitches are bops :katie2: Money deserved to be higher :jonny:Light On and Almost Love :jamming:

:deadbanana4: idk I love his vocal shotgun... stan for the rest tho

17 hours ago, thecptz said:

agree about almost love :heart2: sangria wine here. omy :shakeno:

i stan this album cover WNR9Igp.png

fff the lashings... cocoa sugar's cover is so striking love it too

17 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Denzel was good but it's one of those albums where I listened once and then forgot about it. Oxnard was so boring tbh. :rip: Malibu outsold!

Young Fathers. :clap3: 

nn I kinda struggle to remember what each song sounds like outside the obvious bops... whew more malibu praise

16 hours ago, Vilppu said:

oxnard was like... fine but a huge step down from the gorgeous malibu imo. loved young fathers, a lil bit low

oop

11 hours ago, madonnas said:

I liked denzel's album but only listened to it once.  For some reason he's very talented but doesn't stand out to me.

hmnm I can see that. he's more lowkey than rappers in his set.

9 hours ago, prézli said:

YAS. A ****ING BOP.

whew a freak me stan :jonny5:

8 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Sangria wine is cool, don't listen to all the haters :)

!!!!

8 hours ago, World Eater said:

Never really cared about Young Fathers until this album 504989512754003978.png?v=1 They snapped tho! TA13OO was a solid debut but I expected more from Denzel

never heard of them before this album ff...  I thought Denzel would serve beetle juice but he served a bit

6 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

lemme give some of these a stream

ooh do.. I'll add playlists at the end of this for y'all 

5 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

taboo and oxnard were step downs from their previous but cocoa was a step up. 

good thing I didn't hear what they'd released beforehand ff

4 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

LoveLaws is cute, only made my HM's tho. it could have used a bit more variation

Cocoa Sugar? a classic

I agree on LoveLaws! kinda one thing done over and over and but I liked it so

2 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

I don't know the albums, 

but Sangria Wine is a cute song. :jonny5: 

Almost Love always has me working my cardio sessions. :jonny5: 

:clap3: yes stan

2 hours ago, Rhisiart said:

OH I love taste! :-* 

:sistrens:  oop hey sis

54 minutes ago, volition said:

cocoa sugar is my favourite here too, but i'm not as disappointed by oxnard as everyone else seems to be, even though it is undoubtedly a step down from malibu.

sophomore slump clouding their judgment

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, mokitsu said:

champagne rosé :bibliahh: 

yes is that bop tho, lemme add it to my list

:thing: it slaps. never got the hate for it

59 minutes ago, Remmy said:

I heard Yes back in the day when ATRL was buzzing about it and it's fine. :-*  Champagne Rosé kinda sounds like a nightmare just reading who's on that track :keir:

:keir: you'll be surprised

1 hour ago, Tsareena said:

b3r8ZAq.gif

70 - 66

RyRC0lZ.png

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS someone else included All Blue on their list!? You'll be seeing her on mine as well :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

b3r8ZAq.gif

65 - 61

T7qLsfg.png

I really like the chill boppy mood of this. It's not as catchy as I'd like but one of my faves from her already

E4VIxdd.png

I checked out this album cuz of how gorgeous the cover was and it had one or two sings I ended up using. A gorgeous duet .... very uhm romantic :mandown:

Jc3xOtO.png

one of the gurls might be in jail for serving Brandy but they gave us this bop (cursed?) which I enjoy especially the afrobeats elements

5hhtcZW.png

Iggy really stepped out of her typical pop rap sound for this and her EP which I really appreciated. Such a bop Ronny J did that

by6OK1D.png

One of my faves from the black panther soundtrack. such a banger. Vince killed it and I'm definitely interested to hear more from Yugen Blakrok. 

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS someone else included All Blue on their list!? You'll be seeing her on mine as well :clap3:

:chick3: sadly I only included this one song. the album was good but would only make my honorary mentions if I did them

Opps is a good song :jamming: Kream really bops mmm, if I had an ass I would('ve) twerk(ed) to it constantly

15 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:keir: you'll be surprised

Madonna is good and Quavo isn't necessarily unlistenable but I hate C**di so I think I'll have to leave it up to imagination :keir:

• ATRL Moderator

gC0nv7m.gif

90 - 86

iqRFELe.png

The only thread I found of GLADES on atrl was a song they supposedly stole from Demi Lovato(Body Say.) :rip: so I wasn't really expecting much from their debut. the first half feels like basic electro pop with cute drops after each chorous but the 2nd half of the album was so great. Then 'Drive" came on and I remembered stanning it two years back. It remains the standout on this so definitely get into Drive... super catchy and really stands out in the crowded genre

Serves: Drive, Eyes Wide Shut, Porcelain

GyGOmRa.png

Supposedly related to King Krule but I found the cover of this striking so I decided to listen. A very bedroom pop debut but what really stood out for me was the writing. Very quirky, self reflective and kinda funny at times.. " Baby ur so baby but I don't want ur baby" from a song called IUD :rip: . This would be a lot higher but I didn't listen to it as much

Serves: IUD, Habitual Love, Dance Like U

e6Faxwe.png

Burna Boy is pretty popular back in Nigeria so I was really hype to see an internationally pushed album from him (Lily Allen/ J Hus on tracks). He shows great versatility on this. Rapping, singing etc. I kinda didn't listen as much after a few weeks but really enjoyable and definitely recommend for anyone that's into Wizkid or afrobeats in general

Serves:  Ph City Vibration, Heaven's Gate/ Sekkle Down

Kxvhd4L.png

Might be my 2nd favorite from Christina after Bionic. Looking liberation in all it's forms might be a basic concept for an album but it really works for me. Christina sounds amazing as ever and she makes really interesting attempts at pushing her sound. You wouldn't know she's been in the game so long based on this release. Fall in Line/ Like I Do are such quality tracks!!

Serves: Fall in Line, Like I Do, Sick of Sittin'

mRn7L73.png

Joyride felt like the leftovers when all the good stuff got eaten for nightride. Such a messy era with messy music to match. I still enjoyed this quite a bit (overplayed it as well for some reason). The car and journey metaphors sprinkled on a lot of the tracks + the general feel good vibe of the tracks means a fun, short and sweet album. All the features sucked ass but  No Contest and Ooh La La are such gems and easely 2 of her best songs

Serves: No Contest, Ooh La La, He Don't Want It

• ATRL Moderator

RECAP

70 - 61 Bops of 2018

70. Yes - Louisa ft. 2 Chainz
69. last to Leave - Louise The Child ft. Caroline Ailin
68. Champagne Rose - Quavo ft. Madonna, Cardi B
67. Sugarparents - Amine ft. Rico Nasty
66. Next To You - Jade Novah
65. One More - Yaeji
64. Chapped Lips - Nina Kinert ft. Samuel T. Herring
63. Bad Vibe - M.O. ft. Mr. Eazi, Lotto Boyzz
62. Kream - Iggy Azalea ft. Tyga
61. Opps - Vince Staples, Yugen Blakrok

90 - 86 Albums of 2018

90. To Love You - GLADES
89. Both - Okay Kaya
88. Outside - Burna Boy
87. Liberation - Christina Aguilera
86. Joyride - Tinashe

Joyride... ugh. Tinashe's really losing me. :emofish: Wow I'm surprised to see Liberation this low with such a positive write-up. The album's good, she and GoldLink snapped on Like I Do. Right Moves/Like I Do/Deserve is a major 1-2-3 punch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.