Glassmouth's Best of 2018 (TOP 10 Songs) [Pag. 5]

Glassmouth

Work It!!!! yes :heart2: Yaeji, Mitski, Janelle, Kimbra, A.A.L., Christine, DJ Koze.

No Angel :gaycat4:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glassmouth

• Tom Vercetti

• World Eater

• Pink Matter

yaeji this high eh.

comeback almost made my list last year.

overtime, mmf, no angel ?

Lots of good stuff to choose from! Christine, DJ Koze, Mitski, Doja Cat, Janelle, and Ssion are all excellent :clap3: 

Your Marie Davidson entry makes me want to give her album another spin. I found it quite interesting but haven't found the opportunity to listen to it again.

We Appreciate Power, Pick Up, Nobody, Bruno Mars Lady Gaga Muk FM, No Angel, Comeback, Overtime, GTFO and Werk It, what an update :alexz:

a54vfD8.jpg

BEST ALBUMS

Related image

Gaye su Akyol istikrarlı hayal hakikattir

Gaye serves one of the most interesting rock albums of the year, the psychedelic packed third album feels like riding a tidal wave of colour through the Sahara, since Akyol mixes her own middle eastern background in modern rock and psychedelic sounds (and some synths here and there) making up for a wonderful and trip infusing experience.

GENRE: PSYCHEDELIC ROCK

Image result for louis cole time

Louis Cole Time

Cole's second studio offering is filled with an unorthodox way of making pop music, filling the dancefloor (and our bedrooms) with video game sounds, 8-bit inspired beats and Louis' own crazy falsetto with amazing flow and some incredible slow-burning ballads that will make you weep after the crazyness of songs that are accompanied by amazing guest artists such as Thundercat.

GENRE: POP

Image result for channel tres ep

Channel Tres Channel Tres (EP)

Mr. Tres swag is amazing, throughout the 4 songs (and an intro), Tres manages to take house music and make it his own with his deep voice that drives each one of the beats seamlessly, it will make you move your head, feel the flow and have a very very good time.

GENRE: HOUSE

Image result for computer magic danz

Computer Magic DANZ

Synth-analoger lover and New Yorker Danz Johnson comes back after her more stripped back (if we can call it that) 'Davos' with a much more electronic driven sophomore record. In 'Danz' Ms. Magic shows off her love for synthetizers and experimentation with a much more immersive sonical experience and a far shorter set of songs that make up for a stellar listen with amazing highlights such as Nebraskaland, Amnesia, Pale Blue Dot and Clouds.

GENRE: SYNTH-POP

Image result for puce mary the drought

Puce Mary The Drought

Puce Mary has never been your typical industrial artist, she has a lot of drone influences in her music and the immersion she creates with each one of her pieces goes to the max on this new record. The Drought feels more texturized and far better on the sound design department, mixing creepy talks about possession and sounds that crawl through your ears up to your brain, Mary has made an opera for a cold wet basement and a full statement of her talent as a producer or experimental music. 

GENRE: INDUSTRIAL

The Puce Mary album is fantastic :heart2:

i literally like everything (from what i know) so i cant even list it all klsaöjfdlskd

the TASTE

The 1-2-3 punch of #67-#65, and then another one with #62-#60, and then another one with #48-#46 :jonny5:

Channel Tres is big bops

The Drought really is amazing. Would've probably placed it higher had I discovered it earlier

Oh wow wig at you giving Turkish indie queen Gaye a spot :jonny2: She deserves more recognition. Also your songs lists are perfection, Black Sky was an unexpected choice :jonny2:

channel tres :clap3:

The drought had some cool things on it. 

I only know 2 of these albums :rip: added the rest to my wishlist.

Not familiar with any of these albums :emofish: 

Gaye su Akyol and Channel Tres sound interesting though!

That Channel Tres EP was so close to making my EP list :jonny: I wanted to like Puce Mary's album more than I did in reality so I guess maybe next time. Gonna keep my eye out on her tho, I liked her feature on that Yves Tumor track

cute list :)

I don't know these.

iVtTRWP.gif 

I'm a mainstream kinda gal. 

• ATRL Moderator

Wow I have not even heard of any of these.  Indie queen!

They sound good based on your descriptions though. 

I've seen a lot of Puce Mary though eh I'll pass based on the description 

Damn, dis-moi, WAP, Nobody, No Angel, Make Me Feel, Overtime, GTFO, Animal :clap3: 

4I8h6JT.jpg

Resultado de imagen para disclosure ultimatum

Disclosure Ultimatum

Disclosure's stand-alone single Ultimatum is a perfect example of why this duo is still one of the best dance acts that is working today, the groove and the addition of miss Fatoumata Diawara's exotic and echoey voice make up for an intoxicating dance track that builds up in a little bit less of 5 minutes and a half and is enjoyable all the way through.

GENRE: DANCE

Resultado de imagen para aquihayaquihay ambiente

Aquihayaquihay Ambiente

Mexican self-produced and self-made boyband Aquihayaquihay is filled with talent, from the Guadalajara's based hip-hop experimental artist Phynx to a line-up that covers amazing a chill-out vocalists that have put together 4 singles this year... and from all these 4 singles 'Ambiente' stands out, with a chill vibe that recalls Drake and modern neo-soul artists (but with some intense quirks like its video game samples) make Aquihayaquihay one of the most interesting acts that the mexican music scene has offered in the last few years making trap, R&B and chillout music one and doing it in a unique way.

GENRE: R&B

Resultado de imagen para u.s. girls in a poem unlimited

U.S. Girls Rosebud

Rosebud is A Poem Unlimited's most amazing song, with and amazing set of vocals that sound smooth over the chill vibe and synths and violins, it recalls so many things, so many genre's and so many decades for me it's almost impossible not to vibe to this absolute jam. It sounds mellow and at the same time it sounds hopeful and so well produced. 

GENRE: INDIE ROCK

Resultado de imagen para rhye blood remixed

Rhye Feel Your Weight (Poolside Remix)

If you thought Rhye was groovy wait till you hear this collaboration with Poolside (the kings of groove), Rhye's vocals sound like a smooth velvet over this intoxicating bass riff and over the drums and percussions make up for a really dance-y song that is impossible not to enjoy through its 5 minutes run.

GENRE: DANCE

Resultado de imagen para robyn honey

Robyn Honey

Robyn's Honey is now an essential Robyn track, Robyn makes dreamy house music on this one, truly a unique experience and also a (and I've said this so many times) vibey song, the heavy electronics and Robyn's lyrics recalls a sweet experience, a wet dream and an enjoyable time, this is the type of song I usually like to listen to when I'm dancing alone in the dark... she did that... yet again.

GENRE: HOUSE

Of Disclosure's standalone singles this year, I think I spent the least amount of time with that one. It's still quite good though. 2018 was a return to form for them. Rosebud is so lovely, as is Honey :heart2: 

Listening to Ambiente for the first time and I can see the comparisons. I like the production. 

Rosebud is so lovely, as is Honey :heart2: [2]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.