Glassmouth's Best of 2018 (TOP 10 Songs) [Pag. 5]

Glassmouth

a54vfD8.jpg

Hey! Thank you for stopping by! Haven't been active on ATRL for the last year as much as I would've liked but I've been for sure listening to a HECK lot of new music and here's Top with the best of the best from this year! Despite the fact that we didn't have those big hitters that stay with us forever and ever (we did but not in the same capacity as last year... for example) I came up with a really complete list of artists's projects and songs that I will share with you.

TOP BEST 125 SONGS

TOP 20 BEST ALBUMS (& EP'S)

Edited by Glassmouth

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glassmouth

• Tom Vercetti

• World Eater

• Pink Matter

Perched :duck: 

11 hours ago, theblackestday said:

oh hey girl, you kinda disappeared but were missed. i'm excited for this :gaycat3:

been gone for a while now, college is truly kicking my ass

11 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

happy to see you doing this, will be here xo

5 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

perched!

5 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Perched :duck: 

:gaycat4: thanks guys

7 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

it's been a while~

indeed it has, but the bops are gonna be served nonetheless

7 hours ago, JEWRJEWR said:

sooo you are gonna make a best of after all huh :mandown:

I told you I was, bitch!

5 hours ago, jpow said:

You are alive sis :clap3: 

but am I tho? :gaycat2:

9 hours ago, World Eater said:

VGac7NQ.gif

:gaycat1:

5 hours ago, Superpower said:

Hurry up

you'll have the first update batch of songs today! ❤️ 

4I8h6JT.jpg

Rae Morris Push Me to My Limit

Rae Morris' second studio effort's opening is an emotional and droney ballad describing emotional limits a relationship could lead to and not only she excells vocally but lyrically Morris brings her inner Björk with this Unravel-like ode to the painful reality of reproaching a lover.

Róisín Murphy All My Dreams

Murphy's first of the 4 singles released this year is sexy, mysterious and yet is a prove of how inventive the Ireland pop diva could get with club music with its magnetic bass and sparkly synthetizers

Louis Cole When You're Ugly

It's true that it was long overdue since we had a Louis Cole longplay but Cole really took his time to serve songs that sound both irreverent and funky, in 'When You're Ugly' Louis chants about being the ''ugly underdog'' and how cool it could be to f*ck the world since, like Cole says, that's the only thing you can do when you're ugly.

Kimbra Version of Me (feat. Dawn Richard)

The second version of Primal Heart's minimalistic ballad with the addition of Ms. Richard is as perfect as you could get, both voices work perfectly and bring emotional depth to the lyrics about trying and knowing that you CAN do better.

Julia Holter I Shall Love 2

Holter got really ambitious this year and meanwhile not ALL of the experiments in her longplay hit the right places 'I Shall Love 2' become a fairytale-like and almost ambiental song that progresses perfectly and sounds straight-out of forest's clear.

Kilo Kish Elegance

Elegance is a heavy ballad that blends cowbells and a skin cutting synth that make up for a really interesting pop experiment from Ms. Kish

SOPHIE Is it Cold in the Water?

Is It Cold in the Water? is probably the most experimental song (lyrically speaking) in all of SOPHIE's debut LP (was Product really an album tho?) and alongside the pitch perfect vocals make a really interesting listen.

Raveena Honey

Raveena's Honey is as slow as honey itself, it's sweet and delicious to listen, its groove alongside 'Veena's girly delivery make it a dreamy cut that recall Erykah or Sade but in a pinkier way (if that makes sense).

Ravyn Lenae Closer (Ode 2 U)

Lenae's quirky ballad to what makes her feel alive and good about her lover's action is intoxicating, Ravyn blends sweet verses with whispery ''Why's'' that repeat all over the track... and alongside The Internet's Steve Lacy's clear production make up for a passionate and exciting track that could be repeated on hold forever.

Beach House Lose Your Smile

Lose Your Smile is space-y, electro-acoustic and feels like drifting in space eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, there's something really really really really hypnotic about this cut in particular and from the first moment I heard this from '7' I knew it was THAT SONG.

Miya Folick Stop Talking

Folick is singing to (perhaps) a girl friend on how boy ain't worth it and she does it with an excellent and groovey delivery, one of the funniest songs in her debut LP and most upbeat as well is as well a joy to listen since Folick's vibrant falsetto is a wonder to listen.

Let's Eat Grandma Donnie Darko

Let's Eat Grandma's closer from her second LP is a slow-burn (and I say this cause I didn't like it at first) but the build-up and guitars work so perfectly it's just a wonder to listen all the way through.

Peggy Gou Han Jan

Gou's club ode 'Han Jan' is lowkey but hard-hitting, the house master blends sparkly noise with a perfect bass and obviously Gou's voice that make it all a more unique experience.

ROSALÍA QUÉ NO SALGA LA LUNA

ROSALÍA's most flamenco track is a joy, the guitar loop works perfectly and the lyrics about the ''wedding'' are just hypnotic as hell and as well, as it happens with ROSALÍA the flamenco vocal delivery is awesome.

Joji Will He (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)

The dreamy, night-ish and guitar lead cut is a groovy and perfect R&B experience. 

Robyn Beach2k20

Since I heard this song I fell in love, there's something about the simple wording of Robyn, the flirty invitation to this really normal yet fun place at the beach that blended with the groovy sounds, the violins and the text message sounds make up for a really beachy experience of a song,these are some well spent 5 minutes and 29 seconds.

Daniel T. Back Again (with Turbotito)

Daniel T. and Turbotito seem to make the match made in heaven when it comes to groovy jams such as this one, with each one of their combined efforts they manage to make dancefloor-ready tracks that I wish could never end.

Charli XCX Girls Night Out

Probably my favorite official single released by Ms. Underrated this year, from the 80s hints all over the track to the obvious SOPHIE touch and the overall fun delivery about wanting to have fun make up for an enjoyable pop experience.

Leven Kali Do U Wrong

Another amazing track with Syd as a guest vocalist... color me shook.

Kimbra Black Sky - Reimagined

There was not much fuzz for this EP and I'm mindblown every single time I think about it because this reminds me of Grizzly Bear in some way... why? because this is such a intricate song that blends only analogic sounds and guitars and all your typical GB kind-of sounds and it works perfectly for Kimbra.

Mind Enterprises S.H.A.K.E.

The 80s influence in music is still showing and ufff the way Mind Enterprises make it sound fresh on SHAKE is amazing, not only we have a straight-out of the 80s synth and bass but it sounds revitalized.

U.S. Girls Rage of Plastics

Sexy and groovy Kylie Minogue. Loves it.

Azealia Banks Anna Wintour

i HATE to love this song so much, f/ck you, Azealia.

Kuro Deko A Ghost in Town

a dreamy indie rock cut with some electronic influences.. like listening to CHVRCHES in a cloud.

Tess Roby Ballad 5

Too lazy to write a review for this one, but this girl is from ITALIANS DO IT BETTER, this is quality, guys. 

This list already making points! Robyn, Rosalía, SOPHIE, Charli, Rae, Julia, U.S. Girls, Tess, Peggy, LEG, Ravyn, even Azealia! :clap3:

I knew this would be good can’t wait to see more ?

Starting off very strong! Rae Morris, Julia Holter, Kilo Kish, Ravyn Lenae, LEG, Rosalia, Robyn, and U.S Girls :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

push me to my limit, version of me ( I never got into the duet but I loved it solo) , I shall love 2, elegance, stop talking (underrated queen), beach 2k20, gno.... :clap3:your first update already slaying me

Great selection of artists (and accompanying songs) to start with. 

The fact that this hasn't even gotten to the top 100 yet and this is already serving top 10 excellence, damn MA

Charli :)

omg an excellent set of songs, donnie darko is def my favourite but i rly like pretty much everything here. can't wait for the rest now

whew, that list! :smitten:

Rae's PMTL is so beautiful :smitten: 

Roisin efforts this year are kinda not my cup of tea :rip: 

Beach2k20 is kinda too long, but it bops in headphones :jamming:

GNO and Anna Wintour are one of my favorite BOPS this year :smitten:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.