• Unknown User

• wabayou

• prézli

• Jet

• ATRL Moderator

I really liked Brandi Carlile's album. it's pretty cute
Ella Mai did that as well
Qeen, IOP, Honey :clap3:
 songs list: bickenhead is such a bop, 1999 was cute and the distance whew a song
fall in is really great

Nicki.. indian roots I-

Top Songs

40 Kacey Musgraves - Butterflies

Album Golden Hour cover.jpeg

This is my second favorite song from Golden Hour. (yup this confirms only one more song from it made it in :eli:) It should probably be higher

39 Ariana Grande - goodnight n go

Sweetener album cover.png

This is another song that everyone on ATRL said was their favorite on the album but its not in my top 5. Still a beautiful song that sneaks in at #39 on this list

Top Songs

38 Mariah Carey - Giving Me Life f/ Slick Rick & Blood Orange

A blue-tinted image of Carey, against a light-pink background.

A beautiful R&B cut from Caution. Giving Me Life turns whats been a commonly used slang term on ATRL to one of the best Caution tracks.

37 Ariana Grande - get well soon

This song makes me cry since it helped me get over the death of my grandfather. This song, seemingly an ode to Manchester victims, decodes a grieving process imo.

Top Songs

36 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow

A black-and-white image of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper facing a piano with their back to a crowd, from A Star Is Born. Shallow is written above the image in bold, golden font.

This is a gorgeous country song. Gaga's raw vocals take centre stage but Bradley proves that he can sing too.

35 Mariah Carey - One Mo' Gen

Another R&B track from Caution. Hard to give a description of its exact meaning, but its one of the highlights on a super quality and cohesive record

Top Songs

34 Halsey - Without Me

Without Me â Halsey.png

This is a song I've been obsessed with for a while but its too commercial to place higher on the list. This is the best single Halsey has released so far

33 Janelle Monáe - Take a Byte

DirtyComputer.png

I've not seen a lot of people praise this as a highlight from Dirty Computer. But in my opinion its one of the tracks to age the best :mandown:

Top Songs

32 Ariana Grande - sweetener

The title track is one of the best cuts from the album, just like with My Everything and Dangerous Woman. Its arguably the best track Pharrell contributed to Sweetener

31 Mariah Carey - Portrait

The most heartfelt and sombre song on Caution, objectively. Its introspective and fills the spot of previous Carey album closers such as "Outside" and "Looking In".

Some of these songs are a choice but the majority are great :clap3:

Take A Byte :clap3: stan for one of the songs of the album track trinity :clap3: 

wait you're Needy? i thought Mtrain were banned :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Needy said:

Top Songs

A black-and-white image of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper facing a piano with their back to a crowd, from A Star Is Born. Shallow is written above the image in bold, golden font.

This is a gorgeous country song. Gaga's raw vocals take centre stage but Bradley proves that he can sing too.

woo :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Portrait it's amazing

tumblr_inline_o352klenwB1r580lk_500.gif

On 12/11/2018 at 5:43 AM, Needy said:
5 cb7ebd57f87e91407b0a623cdce4ff3c.png Lorde

On 12/11/2018 at 5:44 AM, Needy said:
4 7e51d0c33b65228b3f3170bca860c79b.png Adele

On 12/11/2018 at 5:45 AM, Needy said:
1 d952f2c66bbffdd8f0f8bbfe9cbc09ef.png Ariana Grande

talent :clap3: 

11 hours ago, Needy said:

37 Ariana Grande - get well soon

This song makes me cry since it helped me get over the death of my grandfather. This song, seemingly an ode to Manchester victims, decodes a grieving process imo.

Top Songs

33 Janelle Monáe - Take a Byte

DirtyComputer.png

I've not seen a lot of people praise this as a highlight from Dirty Computer. But in my opinion its one of the tracks to age the best :mandown:

should be higher. 

• ATRL Moderator

butterflies is my fave from golden hour ?
:clap3: goodnight n go, giving me life, get well soon (such a great track.. very thoughtful)
Shallow whew.. one more gen
take a byte :clap3: the mariah n ari dominance, love it

Top Songs

30 Julia Michaels - Heaven

Julia Michaels Heaven.jpg

This song is so good that it might just be better than Issues. Michaels is one of the artists I'm rooting for, to disprove her current one-hit-wonder status. What is undoubtedly true though, is that this song deserved Love Me Like You Do level success. If you haven't heard it then give it a listen.

29 Mariah Carey - A No No

Carey delivers lyrics that are seemingly aimed at her ex-manager Stella Bulochnikov over a Crush on You sample. Its a mix of R&B and hip hop with sassiness. We can't wait to see what she does on the remix, which may feature Cardi B, Missy Elliott and Lil' Kim.

Top Songs

28 Ariana Grande - better off

Over this deep cut, Grande describes the breakdown of her relationship with now deceased rapper Mac Miller (rest in peace). It is definitely one of the best songs on the album though its now bittersweet. Hope she won't snub it on tour. x

27 Bebe Rexha - Don't Get Any Closer

Expectations-Bebe-Rexha.png

I think we all agree Rexha is a talented songwriter. On whats probably one of the most haunting songs on her album, she advices a new partner not to get too close to her because the "walls are super high". This song is right up my alley as a severe introvert

Top Songs

26 Carly Rae Jepsen - Party for One

Carly Rae Jepsen â Party for One.png

Sure, this sounds like something that could fit on Emotion. But is that a bad thing in Jepsen's case? No. Emotion still holds its status as one of the best albums to come out this decade. This pop jingle for forever singles is a great prelude for whats gonna be another perfect pop album.

25 Demi Lovato - Sober

Sober (Official Single Cover) by Demi Lovato.jpg

Is there something about the word "sober" that brings out an artist's best music? It doesn't quite hold a candle to Lorde or Selena's Sobers, but this deep emotional cut lands at #25. The timing of its release was so eery its almost scary. Get well, Demi. The world still needs you.

Top Songs

24 Alessia Cara - Growing Pains

Growing Pains - Alessia Cara.jpg

The coming-of-age aesthetic of Cara's second album becomes clear on its lead single. A critic described the record as "big sister pop", and that for some reason just fits as a descriptor. Its like a 22 year old giving life advice to a younger sibling for their teenage years.

23 Rita Ora - Let You Love Me

LetYouLoveMe.jpg

Best song on the parent album after Anywhere (which already appeared on my 2017 best of), the beginning of this song invokes a Lean On-esque Indian music-inspired EDM. No matter how she was doing commercially, Ora always found a way to make quality music at all stages of her career.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.