Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

52 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

This has been one of my favorite rounds to judge thus far!

LUrJITb.gif

You have your averages?

10 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

You have your averages?

Maybe. We'll see.

10 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

im nervous about this round

lzk8Qac.jpg

You should be 

9XTcpnX.png

Fyi, results will NOT be coming tonight. It'll hopefully be tomorrow during the afternoon if we're lucky. 

IF we're lucky. 

IF we’re LUCKY

3 hours ago, T-Swizz said:

Maybe. We'll see.

Couldn't come up with something original? 

whatever I’ll just make results using me and Swizz and post them

what are you gonna do? @Element @rl231

11 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Avrilizers always win :clap3:

I remember how tough it is for me to be an Avrilizer during my season. But im glad that another Avrilizer is gracing this season!

6 hours ago, Dylan' said:

god keep Yvess's head above water

Yvess

Hey @Dylan'

iit's been a long time. I know you got mad at me.

I just wanna apologize for that, i just fell in love and got brokenhearted during the time I am judging. =(

#IFellInLoveWithADevil #AL6 #SupportTEABAGS

2 hours ago, Yvess said:

Hey @Dylan'

iit's been a long time. I know you got mad at me.

I just wanna apologize for that, i just fell in love and got brokenhearted during the time I am judging. =(

#IFellInLoveWithADevil #AL6 #SupportTEABAGS

so you and dylan broke up? but dylan IS my boyfriend

Just now, thecptz said:

so you and dylan broke up? but dylan IS my boyfriend

But he IS mine (eternally) :)

16 hours ago, KatyCatPH said:

Hi King!

Slay us with your Jameson Blake avi.

Hi my fellow Filipino. ? Make us proud

3 hours ago, Yvess said:

Hi my fellow Filipino. ? Make us proud

Yes king, I hope I can make us proud!

Results coming in an hour. One tribe totally trounced the others, and the other one scraped by. 

@K$Ellie @Moonlightbae @Scene. @Xedretinz Lododnz

@thecptz @kiiwii @Kylie Jenner @Buddy! 

@305 @PoKiTaurus @EriKills @Anvarie @wesleywalrus @KatyCatPH

@Clytemnestra @Bey_Rihstan @kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude

d825F9G.png

Welcome castaways to your 4th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into an average which will determine who wins the challenge.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

The two tribes with the highest average scores this round will win immunity.

With that said, here are the scores…

QmX_-HRlsqMPUOxVG4_Ree0CzYj2-2wnm9YiVOdUzl47MW37FngIhWaJ16WHn5J1c9jIYAErNFgxIxeoA1v13ycrinsy5r1LFYaaCplX4lc-RooVH87MtAWZDRy81Q744GOG-9Mt

Kylie Jenner - Loreen - Jupiter Drive

• Dylan - 8

• Lyrically, this works well though it could do more in terms of setting the scene. Sonically, this also works pretty well with the darker sounding production that builds up towards the end of the song. Overall, your best entry so far. It’s good, just not as good as some others this round.

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• This round may be one of the few where the production is just as important as the lyrical content, and sonically this is very much in theme. The eerie synth pop and atmospheric elements would be perfect for a Halloween playlist. However, lyrically there’s much to be desired in terms of vivid imagery as the artist took a more simplistic approach to the theme. 10/10 for production and 7/10 for lyrics.

• prézli - 7.5

• Why is ATRL obsessed with this song so much? Sonically, it’s quite Halloween-related, but its lyrical content is too simple. I wish it was darker or more magical.

• Aciid - 7

• You hit the nail with the possessiveness of the narrator over someone. It’s not very detailed when it comes to the visual aspect of the theme and the magical/spell part works but it’s very little. Good entry nonetheless.  

Buddy! - Ariana Grande - Voodoo Love

• Dylan - 7.5

• Your best entry so far. It’s really strong lyrically as it actually reads like it was made for Halloween. However, it kinda sucks from a sonic perspective because it’s so lighthearted. Still, keep it up.

• T-Swizz - 8

• Lyrically this is pretty straightforward, Ariana paints a detailed caricature of Voodoo magic throughout the track and technically falls in line with the prompt. Seems pretty rudimentary in terms of audio but still might be a hit at your local elementary school Halloween party so I guess there’s that. 9/10 for lyrics and 7/10 for audio.

• prézli - 8

• Write a song and put every Halloween-related stuff in it. Lyrically, it works very well, but sonically, there’s nothing horrific in it, this is just a cute pop song. I would never put it onto a Halloween playlist. I’d give it a 10 because of the lyrics alone, but… I have ears too.

• Aciid - 8

• The lyrics in this submission are pretty on point so good job sis. I like that the strong portion of the song is the most important part of the theme which is the imagery. I’m just missing some actual darkness and the villain part.

305 - Kim Petras - Tell Me It’s A Nightmare

• Dylan - 10

• I mean… this pretty much was made for Halloween and it captures everything this round was about, perhaps even more than the example in some areas. When you can do that, it’s an easy 10. Awesome choice.

• T-Swizz - 10

• **** YES! All the gays in Boston were popping their boy-pussies to this at Club Cafe this past weekend so it’s a certified club BANGER. This perfectly encapsulates someone that willingly returns to an obvious danger and subsequently pays the price. 10’s! 10’s across the board!

• prézli - 10

• What else can I say? Here goes your 10.

• Aciid - 10

• You really hit all the marks. I wish there were some more magical aspects to it but it’s minor and I won’t give you the deserved 10 because of it.

EriKills - Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho

• Dylan - 8.5

• This works very well lyrically as she has a witch-like control over this person. Sonically, it’s a little weak as it doesn’t necessarily scream Halloween based off the production or have any sort of atmosphere to it. Regardless, good entry for this more difficult round.

• T-Swizz - 7

• What in dollar store version of Lady Gaga hell is this? Almost fell asleep listening to this because of its mind numbingly repetitive chorus, but unfortunately it fulfills the lyrical criteria so I have no choice but to reward this atrocity with a higher end score. 9/10 for lyrics and 5/10 for audio.

• prézli - 6

• Sweet but psycho, but I think it’s more about being sweet than being psycho. It has a vibrant atmosphere, but its instrumentation fails in every single way. I can’t believe that you didn’t go with one of your main fave’s songs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Aciid - 7

• The entry works for what was asked of you, it’s just not the strongest in any particular area of the theme. It’s also not that dark or magical. Fyi that video is kinda funny in a bad way n.  

KatyCatPH - The Cars - Magic

• Dylan - 5

• I guess you took the “I got a hold on you lyric” as villainous? I understand magic has to do with Halloween but this seems to be just describing magic when you’re infatuated with someone. It’s not dark or villainous. And the lyrics are so simple there’s not much else I can do to help you out here. Not your best.

• T-Swizz - 5

• Nice. A cis white male singing “I got a hold on you” (probably to an unsuspecting underaged female at a frat party). Might be on Kavanaugh’s Halloween playlist but definitely not mine! Basic lyrics and basic production. 5/10 for both.

• prézli - 3

• Hm. I mean, he even sings about summer. It has nothing to do with what the theme requires because it’s all about adoration. Magic in here is like butterflies in stomach. You did so much better last round. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Aciid - 4

• This really isn’t what the round is about. I see the possessive nature of the dude, but the magic he’s describing isn’t the magic we were looking for.

MusicLoverDude - Chris Salvatore - Consider Yourself Warned

• Dylan - 7

• I think this works really well sonically. I believe this guy had a I Kissed A Girl (Boy) remix a long time ago? It’s dark but fun and it fits Halloween really well. Chris himself seems to be playing the role of a villain, but the issue is it seems to be more about being wronged and wanted revenge.You’re on the mark sonically and partially lyrically. That leaves you somewhere in the average range which isn’t bad, but there’s some stronger entries here.

• T-Swizz - 7

• 1k views on YouTube and no lyrical page on any official website…..is this you? This seems like it fit more with last challenge as he says “I can hear the sirens with your cries, you just created a monster” which makes it seem like his significant other was the issue in this scenario and he fails to go into much detail about it. 7/10 for lyrics and 7/10 for audio.

• prézli - 8.5

• His voice is kind of awful and its lyrical content is poorly written, but I guess you grabbed the theme well because it sounds Halloweeny (and is better than the most of the entries in this tribe).

• Aciid - 7

• This sounds like a post myspace band song. Anyway the feeling of the production goes hand and hand with the theme. The lyrics are a bit lacking but I like that they’re darker than some of the other entries.

OiPueh0LOnN62URwU8pIQ5GlnwUKKGF4YEASG5rcm0tHWwsXiw5cC6cfvRYl62Px6scZEUIG8Pto7WppRt3TYeg5BjAinjLtVrSnNX1UI8_nqIwDSLO8I9EyC2gxQnQ8--0Nc1XY

K$Ellie - Katy B - Witches Brew

• Dylan - 9

• I really really like this one. I don’t think the danger is as blatant, but it’s hidden and that makes things a little more wicked imo. The production is outstanding for this round and I think will really help you out this round. Great job!

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• Her vocal style is so seductive and the production is enchanting. This seems like a song I would actually add to my Halloween playlist. The lyrics heavily imply some form of supernatural influence, the only issue is there’s a lack of danger being exuded throughout the track. She sings “all the others got me misunderstood” which could be interpreted as a red flag but other than that there’s a weak case for the imminent danger that we were looking for. 10/10 for audio and 7/10 for lyrics.

• prézli - 9

• Katy B is such an underrated queen. For me, the song sounds more dancey (its bridge is lowkey tragic) compared to its haunting lyrics but risky at the same time because this song has not a commercial value. (No question why it flopped in the UK.)

• Aciid - 9

• I like this entry a lot. It’s supernatural, she has some sort of influence over someone and is casting a spell. I agree with Dylan that the villainous part is more subdued though, I don’t get the feeling she has dark intentions.

Moonlightbae - Shakira - She Wolf

• Dylan - 9.5

• This is more of a transition to danger than one that immediate. However, she’s definitely playing the role of a villain and trying to find her prey for the night. In general, this fits well on a Halloween playlist. It’s one of the only songs I have on my phone that I’d think “Halloween” when i heard it. You know, being someone else for a night.

• T-Swizz - 10

• There seems to be more of an evolution within Shakira, as she starts off “domesticated” by her boyfriend but eventually gets fed up and takes on her true form. I love every aspect of this song and think it nails every element that we were looking for, great job!

• prézli - 10

• Well, this song was surely made for the radios. But it’s risky at the same time. I like that it has elements for Halloween (wolf cry, loud breathing… etc.). Its content is also very fitting, so excellent job!

• Aciid - 10

• I never thought of this as a Halloween song and it’s funny to me how well this fits the theme. It basically hits every mark and the lyrics are not basic or repetitive at all. You did that. What an iconic latino song.

Kiiwii - The Hex Girls - I’m A Hex Girl

• Dylan - 8

• Is this really the band from Scooby Doo? Lmao. This is a good entry but it’s just SOOOO basic I can only give it this high of a score.

• T-Swizz - 9

• I could’ve sworn this was from Phineas and Ferb… Anyway, this is very similar to Ariana’s song in the sense that it felt very elementary production-wise and lyrically. I guess I could see this being utilized as the “comic relief” track within the playlist and it technically meets all the criteria and the production isn’t completely off base as it was with Ariana  so I’ll give you an extra point.

• prézli - 8.5

• :dies: It’s a creative entry, but it sounds basic as Dylan said. Seriously, it was a really great shot.

• Aciid - 8.5

• The lyrics are concise and very to the point but they do the job quite well. It’s very decent and it’s cool that you research enough to submit non conventional songs like this.

PoKiTaurus - Iggy Azalea - Black Widow (feat. Rita Ora)

• Dylan - 9.5

• This is very similar to Dark Horse in a variety of ways. Just the idea of the black widow in itself represents Halloween very well as we associate them with being dangerous and sneaky. This is like the darker version of Dark Horse. Nice choice.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Iggy & Rita frame themselves as the antagonists of this story and begin to unravel their plans to dissolve this relationship from the inside out. It’s compelling and they utilize a haunting production which helps transport the listener to the scenario they detail for us.

• prézli - 8.5

• I don’t know what my fellow judges are on because Black Widow was never Halloweeny to me. It sounds frustrating with these thin synth effects, but fails to have an impact. But lyrically, it’s on point. I can’t give you a 10 all the time, but keep it up, PoKi!

• Aciid - 10

• Oh wow another song I’m kinda shocked how well it fits the theme. Like it was already mentioned, it’s quite similar to the example that was given. It’s very detailed too and honestly it just hits the mark on everything.

Anvarie - Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra

• Dylan - 8.5

• I like this. It’s from the perspective of the “prey”, but it still works pretty well to me despite that. I get a Halloween vibe from the track in general. More of an old Halloween vibe than a new one, but nonetheless a Halloween vibe. This woman is dangerous for him and despite always disappearing whenever he thinks he has her, he continues to chase after her affection. Your strongest entry.

• T-Swizz - 8

• I know Element said that the track doesn’t need to be from the perspective of the spellcaster and I appreciate that you wanted to approach this from a unique angle but this is coming off as pretty vague and basic lyrically, Sonically this works but lyrically it’s not as strong as the other entries.

• prézli - 7.5

• Gosh, I hate this song much. Sonically, it’s not too Halloweeny (however, the second part that imitates magic blows is a highlight), it’s lowkey depressing. Lyrically, it’s not outstanding, but more than okay.

• Aciid - 7.5

• The perspective is cool and appreciated, I like the take on the theme. I just feel like it’s not really dangerous enough and the narrator has just madly fallen for this person.

kipperskipper - Kesha - Cannibal

• Dylan - 10

• Why didn’t this pop into my head when I thought of the round?!!!! YES. Thank you.

• T-Swizz - 10

• We love an ode to cannibal icons like Jeff Dahmer! Definitely in theme with Halloween and frames Kesha as the villain, the production sounds a bit dated but that was expected with her.

• prézli - 10

• It has everything in the package: fear & power 100%. One of the best entries.

• Aciid - 10

• It’s funny how I thought this theme was kind of difficult and there’s all these obvious choices that were submitted. The lyrics are spot on and I cannot not give this a 10.

U8eX4U4VdieYuTxvst65avUwHuZdAfXP52gR3VmvomB0efyiXUXRou0qR36eQExxaEl8CvDXtVhdR_prWJY6ow9091bDgeUcq6Wx--FSzJhKhZ53M0PSpdEo9qltuEQaT75-96LT

Scene. - Kim Petras - Close Your Eyes

• Dylan - 10

• Kim really came through just in time for this round. Here’s your 10.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Honestly any track from Kim’s EP deserves a 10 for this round.

• prézli - 10

• I don’t know her, but she must be a witch.

• Aciid - 10

• Not another strong entry from the same artist. This is a really good representation of the theme so props to you.

Xedretinz Lododnz - Panic! At the Disco - Emperor’s New Clothes

• Dylan - 8

• Sonically, a a big yes. Lyrically, it can be interpreted as fitting this round but it’s a little more about taking power in general and not so much about having power over some innocent prey. It’s less focused than some other entries. However, I like it for this round just fine.

• T-Swizz - 7

• I would say that this is perfect for a Halloween playlist and the production is excellent, the only issue I had with this is that the prompt stated : “the subject of the song discusses their power over another person” and Brendon was talking about creative control over the band more so than any individual. 10/10 for production but 4/10 for the lyrics.

• prézli - 7

• You had luck with Panic! At the Disco last time, but what about this round? Well, this choice feels a bit rushed to me tbh. (Ok, I know that players have to send something quickly, but still.) Sonically, it’s fitting. Lyrically, I don’t quite see how he can be magical over someone else.

• Aciid - 8

• Like it was stated before this entry fits the halloween theme it’s just missing the key element of that possession over someone. It’s good though and fits everything else that was asked.

thecptz - Annie Lennox - I Put A Spell on You

• Dylan - 7.5

• I definitely associate this song with Halloween. But, it seems more about someone who puts a spell on someone who otherwise won’t return their affections. That’s powerful, sure. But it’s more so from a place of vulnerability than anything else. It’s less dangerous than other entries here.

• T-Swizz - 6.5

• Ugh I was hoping the Bette Midler version as that’s directly from a Halloween related film and fits more into the theme than this. There’s minimal context as to what makes her so dangerous besides being a spell-caster of sorts and the production is stripped down a bit too much.

• prézli - 6

• Submitting something from the Fifty Shades of Grey OST was a very smart choice. I wish the song was as smart as the fact. It sounds a bit melodramatic rather than dramatic only. Lyrically, it’s safe without having any depth.

• Aciid - 7

• The lyrics are very basic and straightforward but they do the job of casting that spell on someone. It lacks some imagery and a bit of darkness; there’s a lack of danger.

wesleywalrus - Little Mix - Black Magic

• Dylan - 6

• I can see where this would be included on a Halloween playlist. But, there’s no real sense of danger here. You have lyrics that could be related to Halloween, but they are super innocent in execution. Just not the best entry here by any means.

• T-Swizz - 5

• This is another track where it seems like you just read the title of the round and decided that was enough information you needed to submit a song. Element mentioned “dangerous” “something to be afraid of” “sonic intensity” and “darkness” throughout the prompt and this track hits none of that. The fact that @Buddy! Got mad when you snatched it...chile

• prézli - 4

• I thought it would work. But you stuck at the word magic without checking out its description. In this song, they truly take control over someone else, but it’s not dark, dangerous, scary or has any negative feeling.

• Aciid - 7

• The panning kjsdk. I kind of disagree, while there’s no element of danger in the lyrics they are quite vivid and more descriptive than other submissions. I like the whole magical theme of the song. It falls short and it’s nothing excellent but it’s cute for what it is.

Clytemnestra - The Little Mermaid - Poor Unfortunate Souls

• Dylan - 8.5

• Okay, this isn’t necessarily about a romantic relationship but it is certainly about a relationship where someone comes to her and she ****s them up. That’s danger and it’s certainly villainous. Fits Halloween if you’re a Disney freak.I’ll take it.

• T-Swizz - 7

• This is similar to Panic At The Disco’s track in the sense that she’s referring to a group of people as opposed to an individual which is what the prompt asked for.

• prézli - 8

• It is a future Lady Gaga hit, bookmark me. It’s freaky in a good way. Lyrically, it’s not about a specific person, but still fits. Sonically, it’s not that dark which is understandable because this is Disney, but it has a Halloween vibe still. It’s not as strong as some entries this round, but it’s good.

• Aciid - 8

• I like the perspective of the song and the clear darkness of it. It’s a different take that am no too mad about. It’s still preying on someone even if it’s not about someone specific. It fits the theme in several areas, so good job.

Bey_Rihstan - Mia Martina f/Waka Flocka - Beast

• Dylan - 8

• This uses the beast metaphor to describe sexual desire and seduction. She uses her sexuality as a form of power over her lover. This actually does fit a lot better than I expected. She’s a seductress, sort of a black widow. There’s just a few entries that did this seductress route a little better than this does.

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• This was so boring lyrically but it was a BOP, definitely going into my Halloween playlist. A 10/10 for production, but unfortunately a 7/10 for lyrics.

• prézli - 8.5

• The chorus is very strong, but the verses lack the same dark vibe. The lyrics are cringey (because of lack of talent), but I think you understood the theme because this entry contains almost everything that we were looking for.

• Aciid - 8

• The lyrics clearly fit the theme in most areas, but it’s also not the strongest out there. Sonically this seems like a lesser version of Dark Horse f, but I can see it on the playlist tbh.

Final Results coming up.

d825F9G.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Gaua
1. 305 - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. Buddy! - 7.9

3. Kylie Jenner - 7.8

4. MusicLoverDude - 7.4

5. EriKills - 7.1

6. KatyCatPH - 4.3

Moti

1. kipperskipper - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. Moonlightbae - 9.9

3. PoKiTaurus - 9.5

4. K$Ellie - 8.9

5. kiiwii - 8.5

6. Anvarie - 7.9

Tavui

1. Scene. - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. Bey_Rihstan - 8.3

3. Clytemnestra - 7.9

4. Xedretinz Lododnz - 7.5

5. thecptz - 6.8

6. wesleywalrus - 5.5

Overall Rank:

1. kipperskipper - 9.38 (=)

2. Scene. - 9.05 (=) 

3. kiiwii - 8.45 (+1)

4. Bey_Rihstan - 8.36 (+1)

5. K$Ellie - 8.09 (+2)

6. thecptz - 8.08 (-3)

7. PoKiTaurus - 7.92 (+1)

8. Moonlightbae - 7.80 (+3)

9. 305 - 7.50 (+4)

10. wesleywalrus - 7.40 (-4)

11. Clytemnestra - 7.31 (-1)

12. Xedretinz Lododnz - 6.64 (+3)

13. EriKills - 6.60 (+1)

14. Kylie Jenner - 6.58 (+3)

15. MusicLoverDude - 6.54 (+4)

16. KatyCatPH - 6.39 (-4)

17. Anvarie - 5.97 (+2)

18. Buddy! - 5.38 (+3)

19. Speezy - 7.28

20. Jessie Mulay - 5.94

21. carameldisco - 4.76

22. marsblyr - 7.92 

23. Alena - 4.58

24. Bawdee - 4.5

Which sole tribe will be IMMUNE at Tribal Council this round?

Click on the spoiler!

In first place... 

Moti with an average of 9.10 :eek: !
six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5 

In second place and also not going to Tribal Council is...

Tribe Tavui with an average of 7.65!

U8eX4U4VdieYuTxvst65avUwHuZdAfXP52gR3VmvomB0efyiXUXRou0qR36eQExxaEl8CvDXtVhdR_prWJY6ow9091bDgeUcq6Wx--FSzJhKhZ53M0PSpdEo9qltuEQaT75-96LT

Unfortunately Gaua, you all are heading to Tribal Council where you will vote out one person. 

When you are ready, please PM your vote to the group chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. You cannot change your vote after the time period. Your vote is LOCKED when the time period is up. If you want to be safe in case you forget to vote, please include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out.  

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 6 PM EST on Thursday, November 1st. Remember, 305 is immune from elimination and cannot be voted for. 

zceYkJ9.png 

Good luck everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.