Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator

quick update: we have some ppl who have to pick new songs because their initial choice(s) were already taken

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

• ATRL Moderator

judging is currently underway now that everyone has sent a valid song!!

He said me haffi 

individual scores for reference:

3 hours ago, Dylan' said:

individual scores for reference:

trying to push the homosexual agenda :angry:

I think mine is either gonna get dragged or almost get a perfect score :rip:

7 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I think mine is either gonna get dragged or almost get a perfect score :rip:

!!!

i feel like I either really understood the round or it totally went over my head 

there’s no in between :jonny2:

43 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

!!!

i feel like I either really understood the round or it totally went over my head 

there’s no in between :jonny2:

you’re option # 14 or 15 in my post above 

wow dedicated host! we stan

d825F9G.png

Welcome castaways to your 6th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into an average which will determine who wins the challenge.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

The top two tribes with the highest average scores this round will win immunity.

With that said, here are the scores…

OrGVZReERnAW958R_SOzQF1zeJTMb5-WbwpkDmEsjgyAR59xYl5GUbB0dc_o6epuaVlFz_rYtluDjWooVUwqN8kwUbwX_F7Lskt_bz7IX0QBYwb_SDOjEjJyGEb5pARdklKommZd

Buddy! - Fun Home - Ring of Keys

• Dylan - 9

• *miranda cosgrove interesting meme* This is for sure one of the better entries this round. This is a lot less “I kissed a girl whew!” and a lot more about being confused about one’s feelings. I think we wanted songs that were introspective this round, and this is one of few that is.

• T-Swizz - 9

• I wasn’t expecting a musical, but the prompt asked for the lyrics to capture an inner monologue with components of confusion and excitement, and musicals are the perfect medium for that. I was hoping she would discuss her feelings a bit more lyrically but I suppose this level of depth would be realistic for a child.

• Aciid - 10

• I thought you hit the theme right on. You can see the sense of confusion throughout the song, the discovery. It’s also positive and hopeful.  

305 - Mary Lambert - She Keeps Me Warm (2013 Version)

• Dylan - 6

• She seems to already understand her sexuality very well. It’s almost like the next stage after the initial confusion. There’s hesitance and reflection, but the feelings aren’t that scattered or that exciting. This round is pretty tough, and this is an okay pick considering.

• T-Swizz - 5

• The artist seems hesitant about approaching a woman, but she doesn’t really express confusion about her feelings or sexuality, if anything, she seems to have come to terms with it already in the chorus. You accomplished one aspect of the prompt, the artist reflecting on their homosexuality, but the track fails to mention any of the other elements we were looking for.  

• Aciid - 5

• This is a beautiful song that sadly doesn’t quite match. There are no feelings of discovering your sexuality, it’s more about being ok about it. I guess it’s a difficult round.

EriKills - Beatrice Eli - Girls

• Dylan - 8

• This works pretty well. There’s excitement in her infatuation with girls, and she expresses that she can’t make those feelings go away. That’s really the only element of confusion I see though. Still, good job.

• T-Swizz - 7

• The song delves into the beginning stages of self-discovery but on a very shallow level. She seems to be bored of her current partner and begins to fantasize about all these girls. I don’t really see any lyrical material that discusses much about being confused or conflicted but the overall tone does seem hopeful. You touched on two aspects of the prompt but that’s pretty much it.

• Aciid - 7

• I think her being confused is not as literal as it should be. I can guess from the lyrics that perhaps she’s finding herself since she has all these thoughts about girls but it’s not right in your face about it. She seems excited about it though.

KatyCatPH - Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer

• Dylan - 5.5

• I will admit that this track makes Demi’s desire to be with a woman seem very taboo and that’s a big part of self-discovery from the perspective of sexuality. From not telling their parents to the hesitation in the verses, the idea is taboo. But I don’t think there’s any actual confusion or reflection on her sexuality. It’s different. It’s fun. But, it’s nothing more.

• T-Swizz - 3

• This is pretty off-base. Besides the line “got a taste for the cherry” there’s no other lyric I could find that really explores the inner-complexities of her sexuality. Reminds me a lot fo “I Kissed A Girl” from a lyrical standpoint where it seems more like a fetishization as opposed to self-discovery.

• Aciid - 4

• This is like being experimental with your sexuality to me, like letting go and not caring about what others think. It doesn’t have that sense of inner discovery and she also doesn’t seem that hesitant about making the move. It only really hits the fun, excitement portion.

MusicLoverDude - Hayley Kiyoko - Feelings

• Dylan - 5

• I know Hayley is gay, but this isn’t about suppressing feelings because she’s gay. It’s about how we get knocked down when we’re really into someone because being single and unattached is supposed to be the fun thing to do. It’s celebrating feeling and falling for someone and letting it be known. I actually think Sleepover by Hayley would have been a great choice because it discusses how she does friend stuff with a ‘girlfriend’, but has different desires when she’s alone in her own thoughts. I see why you sent this. I just think it ONLY fits because we happen to know she’s gay.

• T-Swizz - 7

• I like how Hayley decided to be confident and openly flirt with her crush. When it comes to homosexuality, children from more conservative/religious backgrounds are often taught to suppress the same “feelings” she celebrates. This doesn’t really touch on any confusion or conflicts with herself, but it shows how freeing it can be when you decide to ignore societal norms.

• Aciid - 5

• I don’t think she’s really confused about her sexuality here, it’s more about the relationship. She’s not accepting being gay, it’s about accepting this person into her life. There’s signs of being hopeful, I’ll give you that. It’s also quite repetitive.

six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5

K$Ellie - Diana Ross - I’m Coming Out

• Dylan - 3.5

• Now girl… even though this is an inadvertent gay anthem, it’s not about discovering or being confused with one’s sexual thoughts. There’s absolutely no confusion or hesitance. You could argue excitement, but I’m not sure that excitement is even within the right context. This is like the next stage of self-discovery rather than the initial one.

• T-Swizz - 2

• I was trying to look for anything related to the prompt but this is not even remotely related to what we were looking for.

• Aciid - 3

• Nnn I only like that it’s very positive and she seems excited but it has nothing to do with being hesitant of one’s sexuality. It’s more about embracing yourself in a vague context.

Moonlightbae - Sam Smith - HIM

• Dylan - 8

• Hmm. There is a monologue in which Sam is in conflict with who appears to be a religious figure. I don’t think he’s confused about his feelings whatsoever, but there’s a conflict in his sexuality and his religious beliefs coexisting. There’s some excitement in him declaring his love for this boy. Overall, one of the more solid entries. Good.

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• He seems to be explaining his homosexuality through the lens of religion. Conflicted about why those that consider themselves religious look down on him, “I’m not the boy you thought you wanted” is one of the more powerful lines I’ve read so far.

• Aciid - 8

• A really good submission. Even though his sense of confusion might stem from the religion aspect, I feel like he’s conflicted because he has his sexuality clashing with his beliefs and its about letting that go so he can be his true self.

Kiiwii - Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl

• Dylan - 4

• Besides “it felt so wrong, it felt so right”, there doesn’t seem to be any real conflict going on here. This is really just about having fun and doing something different. That could be considered taboo, but it’s not introspective or reflective of Katy’s sexuality. This song doesn’t even go out of its way to make anything seem odd or hush hush.

• T-Swizz - 5

• Similar to CFTS in the sense that it addresses bi-sexuality in a playful manner but it’s definitely more apparent in this track than the former. I think there was a bit of confusion on her end but she didn’t make that abundantly clear throughout the track.

• Aciid - 3

• No sense of hesitation whatsoever and the boyfriend line pretty much ruins the theme. She can be bisexual, but this just feels like her having fun in the moment and enjoying playing with her sexuality. It’s not reflective nor is she confused.

PoKiTaurus - Green Day - Coming Clean

• Dylan - 9

• This is short as **** lyrically, but it really does get the job done regardless of that. It’s lacking a bit of excitement, but being honest with yourself is liberating so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Easily one of the strongest this round.

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• “I found out what it takes to be a man” seems like the only hopeful lyric in this track to me but it focuses more on the inner-conflict he’s experienced. Definitely a solid choice.

• Aciid - 8

• It’s very short but it manages to check the points of the theme. The hopeful portion is more hidden though probably because of the length.

kipperskipper - Domo Wilson - Becoming Myself

• Dylan - 10

• This is so cute. This isn’t reflective in the moment, but it’s reflective over a period of time. Then and now. There’s conflict, there’s confusion, there’s excitement, there’s discovery, and there’s happiness. You’re back.

• T-Swizz - 10

• ****, this made me emotional. This was by far the best entry lyrically as the artist delivers her personal story in such a beautiful manner. THIS IS ART.

• Aciid - 10

• Excellent. The storytelling of her confused years is right on, her being in conflict with society and her mom. She gives the listener hope with her own experience. It’s really all there.

-cPAM32mE5VxazRLoMa28fVscGOfHpo33uDQvVm5RlTCihQ0BZ3ENj6TqRCYObDzblkQkTeh9HPsgFEkxnZwEiZsbEeu8VgUGRRTGgDwOrCBkTfbHez8sWx_dTdAS_0OZn-wA5f3

Scene. - Gia - Only a Girl

• Dylan - 8.5

• I like this. It could dive deeper into the element of confusion/conflict, but it really nails the excitement aspect. Good choice.

• T-Swizz - 7

• This seems to be slightly more about the relationship than the artist’s sexual orientation. Still a beautiful song.

• Aciid - 7

• Hmm she isn’t as hesistant as I’d like her to be. It’s almost a better version of I kissed a girl and cool for the summer, cause in this you can see a more genuine take. Anyway, this does an average job in regards to the theme. She’s hopeful for sure, it just falls short when it comes to being confused.

Xedretinz Lododnz - Little Big Town - Girl Crush

• Dylan - 2

• XL ? This isn’t even about liking someone of the same sex period. It’s about being so envious of an exes current beau that you become infatuated with them. Out of jealousy. Out of envy. Out of longing. But, not out of a genuine attraction or desire. She just wants the guy back.

• T-Swizz - 1

• Ugh this is such a phenomenal song that I wish you saved it for another round ?

• Aciid - 2

• Ddd the confusion with this song. You got betrayed by the lyrics a bit which is the intention I suppose, but like Dylan said this isn’t about what you think. Even then, there’s hardly any confusion.

thecptz - Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight

• Dylan - 1.5

• Thecptz ? This is really just about going out and letting loose. Yeah, she kissed a girl. But, there’s no actual reflection on her sexuality present whatsoever.

• T-Swizz - 1

• Are you purposely trying to sabotage your tribe with your AWFUL taste?

• Aciid - 1

• I-... fff this really missed the mark. She’s just being a rebel and doing whatever she wants, this doesn’t resonate with any of the points of the theme.

wesleywalrus - t.A.T.u - All the Things She Said

• Dylan - 10

• I mean, yeah.

• T-Swizz - 8.5

• This is so emo and punk, I love it, just not for this particular challenge. The vocals definitely seem more aggressive and the overall tone of the song seems more depressing than hopeful.

• Aciid - 9

• Only giving you a 9 because I get no feeling of her being hopeful or excited. This is one of the better entries this round however, so good job. An obvious choice.  

Bey_Rihstan - Troye Sivan - Heaven (feat. Betty Who)

• Dylan - 7.5

• There’s a clear conflict going on here. There’s just not much (or any) excitement or hopefulness in those feelings. You absolutely nailed the confused conflicted part of this round. But, there’s literally nothing that resembles being excited about his self-discovery. It’s all sad. Still, in the upper half of this round for sure.

• T-Swizz - 8

• In my opinion, there seems to be some form of hopefulness towards the end of the chorus but overall there isn’t a strong sense of excitement towards said feelings.

• Aciid - 7

• He’s confused for sure and has all these feelings in regards to his sexuality. But we don’t get to that place of excitement and hopefulness that was required for the challenge.

Final Results coming up.

d825F9G.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Gaua
1. Buddy! - 9.3 - IMMUNE

2. EriKills - 7.3

3. MusicLoverDude - 5.7

4. 305 - 5.5

5. KatyCatPH - 4.2

Moti

1. kipperskipper - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. PoKiTaurus - 8.5

3. Moonlightbae - 8.2

4. kiiwii - 4.0

5. K$Ellie - 2.8

Tavui

1. wesleywalrus - 9.2 - IMMUNE

2. Bey_Rihstan - 7.5

2. Scene. - 7.5

4. Xedretinz Lododnz - 1.7

5. thecptz - 1.2

Overall Rank:

1. kipperskipper - 8.56 (+3)  

2. Scene. - 8.45 (-1)

3. Bey_Rihstan - 8.27 (=)

4. Moonlightbae - 8.23 (+1)

5. PoKiTaurus - 7.92 (+2)

6. kiiwii - 7.85 (+4)

7. wesleywalrus - 7.43 (+4)

8. EriKills - 7.29 (+1)

9. thecptz - 6.81 (-3)

10. K$Ellie - 6.76 (-2)

11. MusicLoverDude - 6.69 (+1)

12. 305 - 6.80 (+1)

13. Buddy! - 6.36 (+4)

14. KatyCatPH - 6.12 (+1)

15. Xedretinz Lododnz - 5.73 (-1)

16. Clytemnestra - 7.25

17. Anvarie - 5.91

18. Kylie Jenner - 6.58

19. Speezy - 7.28

20. Jessie Mulay - 5.94

21. carameldisco - 4.76

22. marsblyr - 7.92 

23. Alena - 4.58

24. Bawdee - 4.5

Which two tribes will be IMMUNE at Tribal Council this round?

Click on the spoiler!

In first place...

Moti with an average of 6.70!

six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5

In second place and also not heading to Tribal Council is... 

Gaua with an average of 6.37!
OrGVZReERnAW958R_SOzQF1zeJTMb5-WbwpkDmEsjgyAR59xYl5GUbB0dc_o6epuaVlFz_rYtluDjWooVUwqN8kwUbwX_F7Lskt_bz7IX0QBYwb_SDOjEjJyGEb5pARdklKommZd  

Unfortunately, Tavui, you all will be heading to Tribal Council again where you will vote out one person. 

When you are ready, please PM your vote to the group chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. You cannot change your vote after the time period. Your vote is LOCKED when the time period is up. If you want to be safe in case you forget to vote, please include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out.  

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 8 PM EST on Thursday, November 15th. Remember, wesleywalrus is immune from elimination and cannot be voted for. 

zceYkJ9.png

Edited by rl231

Which sole tribe will be IMMUNE at Tribal Council this round?

hm?

I mean, my tribe can go to council too idc :sistrens:

Yeah are we going to tribal council? 

1 minute ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Yeah are we going to tribal council? 

yes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.