Reputation becomes first 2 million seller since 25

Cherry123

11 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Does it really matter that's only been out for 4 months when it's already selling 5k weekly? :clown: Even if she keeps selling the exact same figure for 52 more weeks (1 year) without declining (which is mathematically improbable) she would only sell 260k, so barely scratching HALF OF HER WORST SELLING ALBUM :clown:

And this is an issue for a 2M selling album in 2018 or even in the next years to come?  :clown:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• DELE2125

• Taylor fanboy

• TtaraHae

3 hours ago, MANUELF said:

I'm sorry but her least selling album is actually Red at a little over 4.2 million

At least get the facts straight sis

You're right, it's Red, I swapped the numbers, but it's still 4.4M. Billboard/Nielsen confirmed last November https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8046939/taylor-swift-career-album-song-sales-ask-billboard

When telling someone else to get their facts straight, it's because one's facts are on point, but yours aren't. :clown:

By the way, since this thread is a comparison with 25 it is worth noting that it sold over 2M pure copies on its 4th day of release

http://time.com/4125636/adele-25-album-sales/

Looks like Adele is truly on a league of her own. Eternal Queen :alexz:

1 minute ago, DELE2125 said:

You're right, it's Red, I swapped the numbers, but it's still 4.4M. Billboard/Nielsen confirmed last November https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8046939/taylor-swift-career-album-song-sales-ask-billboard

When telling someone else to get their facts straight, it's because one's facts are on point, but yours aren't. :clown:

By the way, since this thread is a comparison with 25 it is worth noting that it sold over 2M pure copies on its 4th day of release

Former is a "No" but the latter is a "YES" Adele did that :clap3: 

Anyway back to the FACTUAL topic of this thread. "reputation" did THAT! And it's a jarring pop album by a polarizing celebrity.  :clap3::clap3: 

8 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Honestly, why do you feel so threatened? This is so ridiculous. Let Taylor live and enjoy your fav, why are you constantly showing your insecurities like that :ace:

Edited by atishvaze

Wow! Amazing, to be honest. Imagine if the singles had actually became hits. She just can't lose. :jonny5:

That user really is still going lmao :clown:

We love the highest selling album in the US since 25 :clap3:

she's over they say :fan:

i choose 2M Pure Album Sales and 400M boxscores over free streams and quick lil singles 

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

It's a dire climate. Other pop girls are struggling to even do 1/5 their worst-selling album with ticket bundles :rip:

She keeps slaying :clap3: 

Who would have thought that the once almighty Taylor would have to be compared in the album selling department with the rest of the girls? Her downfall in sales is not just due to the "dire climate". Whoever declines in over 60% compared to their last effort is facing a debacle beyond the one that's already provided by the sales climate. And let's not even address the complete collapse in singles sales and success.

3 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Who would have thought that the once almighty Taylor would have to be compared in the album selling department with the rest of the girls? Her downfall in sales is not just due to the "dire climate". Whoever declines in over 60% compared to their last effort is facing a debacle beyond the one that's already provided by the sales climate. And let's not even address the complete collapse in singles sales and success.

She's always been compared to the rest of the girls.

She was outselling them in 2010/2012/2014, and now she's still outselling them 6x over in 2017 (without ticket bundles). :clap3:

An icon with a longlasting career. 

Just now, iHype. said:

She's always been compared to the rest of the girls.

She was outselling them in 2010/2012/2014, and now she's still outselling them 5x over in 2017. :clap3:

An icon with a longlasting career. 

I don't see her being the best selling female in 2012. You should check that out.

Anyways, congratulations on reaching this threshold :clap3: Hopefully she'll be able to double her first week sales in the end :clap3:

Just now, DELE2125 said:

I don't see her being the best selling female in 2012. You should check that out.

Anyways, congratulations on reaching this threshold :clap3: Hopefully she'll be able to double her first week sales in the end :clap3:

I see her having the best-selling female album released in 2012. Other releases like Complete Confection, Born to Die, Roman Reloaded, etc failed to outsell. Some even had a huge lead single too. :michael:

I see the same case in 2017. 

I guess she just has longevity and continued relevance. Others should take note :michael:

10 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

God your hatred for taylor is so appalling it literally makes me want to defend her. And I don't even like her. 

2 minutes ago, Rawr said:

God your hatred for taylor is so appalling it literally makes me want to defend her. And I don't even like her. 

Ok? That's not even the topic of the thread.

qOpBFfR.gif

Coming for the 3M mark at some point in infinite time :clap3:

Why are Adele fans always so pressed :dies: Like chill every knows Adele sells the most

I swear that all the most active ones do is stay perchedT in Taylor threads

Oh my god it just keeps on going, Taylor really gets under some people's skin huh :ahh:

Keep slaying Taylor, a Queen who was the first artist to sell 2 million albums since 25 :clap3:

3 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I'm glad she was able to achieve something out of this catastrophic era. She still has a great core fanbase which will net her good pure album sales (60% of those came from first week sales) and good boxscores. Her relevancy as an A-lister is 100% over.

The delusion omg :ahh:

1 hour ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Delicate is that bop :clap3:

We love a real Adele stan with taste. :clap3:

People do the most. These are good numbers better than almost everyone. Congratulate and move on.

Congrats Taylor :clap3: I don't care too much for most of the album tbh as I prefer her as country. Getaway Car should be a single tho.

Edited by TSLGNMA

On 3/21/2018 at 0:52 AM, ChatshireCat said:

nnn Why are all these Adele stans so bothered

wvUhKzk.gif 

Not everyone

wvUhKzk.gif

Edited by TSLGNMA

Remember the Gaga Stans screaming "BTW is a massive success" or Katy's "Bday was a fluke and TIHWD is a YouTube smash".

It happens, maybe she could pull a Beyonce and bounce back, but the signs are there.

Some saying that she cant sell another million after selling TWO millions in a sales climate when every female not named Adele, Taylor Swift or Beyonce can surpass at least 1 million pure in US. 

Also 'nobody wants to listen to her' nnn tell me when other can do more than 46 million views the first week of her current 4th single's video without any help of massive airplay or featuring. 

OT: Congrats. Her first six albums are all multi platinum in pure sales in the digital era and now streaming era. A legend.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:35 AM, DELE2125 said:

Previous to Reputation, the most recently released set to sell 2 million was Adele’s 25, which arrived on Nov. 20, 2015. It hit the 2 million mark after just three days and bowed with 3.38 million sold in its first week. 25 has sold 9.45 million copies through March 15.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8257460/taylor-swift-reputation-sells-two-million

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.