Reputation becomes first 2 million seller since 25

Cherry123

39 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

...and still growing! Also since we're living in the streaming era reputation already outperformed 1989. :fan:

Not true, since combining YT + Spotify 1989 is still way ahead of Reputation.

Congrats on reaching 2M.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• DELE2125

• Taylor fanboy

• TtaraHae

32 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

From 6 million to 2 million in one era. Impressive :clap3::jonny:

Fffffffff.

46 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

Still more than probably anyone you stan. :mandown:

9 minutes ago, sadnews said:

1989's sales at week10 was 3.83m pure sales. did reputation have more than that in sps?

Don't know about week 10 specifically, but by week 17, her total SPS in the US according to Billboard/Nielsen is 2,593,000.

34 minutes ago, YungRapunxeI said:

Still more than probably anyone you stan. :mandown:

However, this thread is about Taylor, not about my faves, and those numbers show a huge decline, so :mandown:

1 minute ago, Alak96 said:

However, this thread is about Taylor, not about my faves, and those numbers show a huge decline, so :mandown:

Yes, because album sales are declining. Use your brain and common sense. :mandown:

19 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Only 5k this week?

Well, it was selling 4k last week. It's at 5k this week because of the "Delicate" MV boost :toofunny2:

3 hours ago, TtaraHae said:

I don't understand why you continuously thump that this is her lowest selling album and that it's struggling to sell half of her worst selling album and then dub it a huge decline in an obvious attempt to write it off as/imply that the album/era is some sort of a giant flop (you don't explicitly say this, but anyone can read between the lines in all of your posts).

Obviously it's not going to sell as much as her previous efforts when we're in year 2018 and pure sales are practically dead. Reputation is the first 2 million seller in pure units since Adele's 25 in the United States. No other album released since then has passed the 2 million mark in pure sales in the country. If you aren't Adele or Taylor Swift, you don't pull these numbers. The closest contender that comes to mind is Bey's Lemonade which sits at 1.8 million in the US after being out for 2 years. Reputation has managed to move these units in 4 months (and has moved around 3.5 million 5 million WW in SPS and I believe she's at 3 million pure WW by now and the era is far from over since the tour will most likely carry into next year), despite being made available on all platforms weeks after its release, giving people less reason to buy the album when they could just stream it for free. Additionally, it has moved this stellar pure sales figure while also seeing success in streaming as it is also approaching 1 billion streams on Spotify despite having a delayed Spotify release. Mind you, this is all while receiving positive reviews, so there is evidence in its blockbuster commercial and critical success to dismantle your entirely subjective claim that the album lacks in quality. :cm:

See above.

OT: She won, and the record breaking stadium tour is still a month and a half away. Her power. :jonny5:

And yet all her singles flop and no one wants to hear her on the radio. Good for her.

3 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Not true, since combining YT + Spotify 1989 is still way ahead of Reputation.

Congrats on reaching 2M.

You are right, thanks for correcting me. Both smash eras. :'(

I was also saying the initial run of 1989 and reputation. Both smashas. When will her pop peers?

4 hours ago, YungRapunxeI said:

Yes, because album sales are declining. Use your brain and common sense. :mandown:

Dropping from 6 to 2 million is more than just industry album sales deline :rip:

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Dropping from 6 to 2 million is more than just industry album sales deline :rip:

Still outsold everyone else. A declining queen. :rip: 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Only her and Adele have sold that much in the last 10 years, all the other girls never reached those highs

Edited by MANUELF

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Did you even read this before posting? Did 1989 sell 6 million in 4 months? Exactly. Just leave the thread, jeez.

7 hours ago, Alak96 said:

Comparing the sales of an album that's been out for 3.5 years vs. one that's been out for 4 months :clown:

Ya'll OTH aren't even trying at this point

10 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

This is a HUGE decline, considering that it is struggling to even sell half of her worst selling album. But, I guess that's what happens when the quality is not there.

which one is that in the US? the debut?

7 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Did you even read this before posting? Did 1989 sell 6 million in 4 months? Exactly. Just leave the thread, jeez.

this one is not selling 6M in 4 months nor 4 years lmao.

But everyone told me she was over. I don’t understand. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.