Reputation becomes first 2 million seller since 25

Cherry123

1 hour ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

which one is that in the US? the debut?

Speak Now at 4.4M pure sales as of November 2017.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• DELE2125

• Taylor fanboy

• TtaraHae

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I keep watch of every artist's sales, Taylor isn't special :clown:

Has nothing to do with if I like her or not.

How fun for you! Bye, ATRL user Armani! :clown:

5 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

mess that happened also after a giant era of hers

will she rebound this time, you think? :duck:

Edited by LoKoPaNdA

Just now, Headlock said:

Please inform me of any other album that has sold 2 million since 25 was released. Oh, right, there isn't one besides Reputation, because that is the title of this thread. The fact remains that that is impressive, and you twist and bend over backwards to turn anything about Taylor into something negative.

You were banned for a month and literally your first post back was in this thread. What a world :clown:

First of all, I wasn't banned :toofunny2: But thanks for checking on me, I didn't know I had fans in here. Secondly, we need a little context here, it's not about the other artists, it's about Taylor Swift, who is seeing a decline of 67% in pure sales in comparison to her last album (which by the way isn't even her best selling one). So, as I said in my first reply, it IS a HUGE decline. :clown:

2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

First of all, I wasn't banned :toofunny2: But thanks for checking on me, I didn't know I had fans in here. Secondly, we need a little context here, it's not about the other artists, it's about Taylor Swift, who is seeing a decline of 67% in pure sales in comparison to her last album (which by the way isn't even her best selling one). So, as I said in my first reply, it IS a HUGE decline. :clown:

So your first post in a month was about Taylor. Not even your fave, but Taylor. An artist you hate. Eaux wow :clown:

Yes, let's talk about context! Taylor Swift is the first artist to sell 2 million albums in the US since 25. That is the title and topic of this thread! I'll just write that again for you so you can get it into your head. I don't care about your obsessive statistics, no matter how many times you roll out percentages and underline things. Why don't you spend more time on artists you actually like? 

Tootles, ATRL user DELE2125 :flower:

10 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

I just stated facts... Nothing of what I posted is a fallacy. This is her worst selling album in her career and it's not like she's making it up in streams :michael: And HDD reported back in 2017 that she was aiming for 25's first week record... Boy, how far away was she.

av-41.thumb.gif.394b9bcd9417436422e115b3

omg why are you so insecure, i see you in every Taylor thread :rip:

get over yourself, Adele is bigger. End of story :rip:

6 hours ago, Starstruck. said:

omg, she sold 1.2m in the first week and only sold 800k since november? :deadbanana: 

damn

Shows how frontloaded the album/era as a whole was. Of course selling 2m un 2017/2018 is impressive, I'm not denying that :rip: But without a single hit on sight, there's no way that she's selling even another million, and that's why I don't get the criticism over comparing reputation with 1989. The sales have clearly been MUCH slower in the case of the former, and almost froze completely, while 1989 kept selling for a long time.

I can't believe that some of you think this is the "sales climate" when she's doing quite badly and flopping in the singles department too :rip: Just accept the decline for god's sake :deadbanana4:

Edited by Alak96

39 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

Shows how frontloaded the album/era as a whole was. Of course selling 2m un 2017/2018 is impressive, I'm not denying that :rip: But without a single hit on sight, there's no way that she's selling even another million, and that's why I don't get the criticism over comparing reputation with 1989. The sales have clearly been MUCH slower in the case of the former, and almost froze completely, while 1989 kept selling for a long time.

I can't believe that some of you think this is the "sales climate" when she's doing quite badly and flopping in the singles department too :rip: Just accept the decline for god's sake :deadbanana4:

You "don't get" the criticism over comparing reptuation with 1989 despite all of the reasons highlighted in the thread because you simply want to continue painting your narrative that she's flopping, so I'll write it out again for you:

Reputation was made available on every platform several weeks after its release, meaning people have less reason to spend coin to purchase the album when they could just stream the album for free. We are in the midst of the streaming era where albums in the top 10 move less than 3 thousand units in pure sales with the rest of their units coming from streaming. This was NOT the case in 2014, the year that 1989 was released, in which 1989 was never put on streaming platforms until June of last year when the era was long over. The sales climate favored pure sales more and people had more of a reason to purchase 1989 due to its absence on streaming platforms: obviously Reputation's album sales are not going to see the same run as 1989's. Every album fizzles out quickly in pure sales after their first few weeks and sees much of the meat of their album units coming from streaming in today's climate. As someone stated before, anyone who expected this era to replicate the success of 1989's pure sales is absolutely delusional - it's not Taylor's fault that people place ridiculous standards on her just so they can cry flop when it doesn't happen. The era is still a smash and has blown all of her competitors out of the water.

"I can't believe that some of you think this is the 'sales climate'" - I don't understand why you can't believe it? Did you not read the thread title? This is the first album since Adele's 25 to pass the pure sales mark of 2 million units in the United States. Adele's 25 was released nearly THREE years ago. Not ONE album released since then has passed this mark. Not ONE album in nearly 3 years. Why do you think that is? Is it because every artist is a giant flop, or is it because pure sales have declined? :clown:

"Just accept the decline for god's sake" - I don't see anybody rejecting the decline? Anything after the juggernaut that was the 1989 era was going to be a decline, much like 25 was a decline after the 21 era. It's people like you who run into these threads celebrating the album's blockbuster commercial success to attempt to brand her a flop while dismissing obvious variables that have been presented in the thread and many times before in the past that people are taking issue with because the narrative you're attempting to push simply isn't true. :clown:

OT: 2 million in the US alone in 2018 :clap3:

Edited by TtaraHae

32 minutes ago, Headlock said:

So your first post in a month was about Taylor. Not even your fave, but Taylor. An artist you hate. Eaux wow :clown:

Yes, let's talk about context! Taylor Swift is the first artist to sell 2 million albums in the US since 25. That is the title and topic of this thread! I'll just write that again for you so you can get it into your head. I don't care about your obsessive statistics, no matter how many times you roll out percentages and underline things. Why don't you spend more time on artists you actually like? 

Tootles, ATRL user DELE2125 :flower:

Taylor just doesn't let her haters breathe, this thread is nothing but proof of it. She just never stops winning. :clap3:

11 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

You "don't get" the criticism over comparing reptuation with 1989 despite all of the reasons highlighted in the thread because you simply want to continue painting your narrative that she's flopping, so I'll write it out again for you:

Reputation was made available on every platform several weeks after its release, meaning people have less reason to spend coin to purchase the album when they could just stream the album for free. We are in the midst of the streaming era where albums in the top 10 move less than 3 thousand units in pure sales with the rest of their units coming from streaming. This was NOT the case in 2014, the year that 1989 was released, in which 1989 was never put on streaming platforms until June of last year when the era was long over. The sales climate favored pure sales more and people had more of a reason to purchase 1989 due to its absence on streaming platforms: obviously Reputation's album sales are not going to see the same run as 1989's. Every album fizzles out quickly in pure sales after their first few weeks and sees much of the meat of their album units coming from streaming. As someone stated before, anyone who expected this era to replicate the success of 1989's pure sales is absolutely delusional - it's not Taylor's fault that people place ridiculous standards on her just so they can cry flop when it doesn't happen. The era is still a smash and has blown all of her competitors out of the water.

"I can't believe that some of you think this is the 'sales climate'" - I don't understand why you can't believe it? Did you not read the thread title? This is the first album since Adele's 25 to pass the pure sales mark of 2 million units in the United States. Adele's 25 was released nearly THREE years ago. Not ONE album released since then has passed this mark. Not ONE album in nearly 3 years. Why do you think that is? Is it because every artist is a giant flop, or is it because pure sales have declined? :clown:

"Just accept the decline for god's sake" - I don't see anybody rejecting the decline? Anything after the juggernaut that was the 1989 era was going to be a decline, much like 25 was a decline after the 21 era. It's people like you who run into these threads celebrating the album's blockbuster commercial success to attempt to brand her a flop while dismissing obvious variables that have been presented in the thread and many times before in the past that people are taking issue with because the narrative you're attempting to push simply isn't true. :clown:

OT: 2 million in the US alone :clap3:

Clock ha a bit sis. :celestial6:

1 hour ago, TtaraHae said:

I'm sure she's crying uncontrollably with her 3 week billboard hot 100 #1 3x platinum and record-breaking lead single, the first solo female artist in 2017 to hit #1 on the hot 100 :clap3:RFI would've also hit #1 if it weren't for the borderline sabotage of it being released one week after the lead single, causing traction to be split between both songs on all platforms and yet it still boasts a #4 hot 100 peak :clap3: 4 top 20 songs in the era (5 if you wanna include IDWLF), making 3 top 5 singles, and 5 top 20s all in one era/year while not moving a single finger :clap3:

No one wants to hear her and yet the album has sold amazingly and is performing well on streaming despite its delayed release on streaming platforms! The gag is that the era is far from over as the rise of Delicate on radio/streaming will only boost it further, along with the upcoming stadium tour and future single releases that will most likely carry into next year :clap3:

OT: A 2 million-selling album in pure sales in the sales climate of 2018 in the United States ALONE? Heavens me, her power :clap3:

WOOOO this post :clap3:

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

Dropping from 6 to 2 million is more than just industry album sales deline :rip:

You're right! Perhaps this was further pushed by other factors such as her doing nothing to move the era past two television performances and a couple of unbroadcasted radio festivals before disappearing off the map completely and only emerging to drop a music video with her new singles (the lead video was dropped at the VMAs and the Delicate video dropped at iHeart, a C-list event that most A-list stars ignore and that most people don't even watch) *perchedT for the replies screaming BUT THE BILLBOARDS AND UPS TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!111 as if that is a solid form of tangible, engaging promo like an actual live performance of a song or public appearance or interview would be:dies:

Despite doing virtually zero promotion, it has managed to move 2 million pure sales in the United States alone within 4 months. Let me borrow from a post I just made to someone else to further emphasize the point I'm trying to make here: this is the first album since Adele's 25 to pass the pure sales mark of 2 million units in the United States. Adele's 25 was released nearly THREE years ago. Not ONE album released since then has passed this mark. Not ONE album in nearly 3 years. Why do you think that is? Is it because every artist is a giant flop, or is it because pure sales have declined? I think it's safe to say it's the latter, and furthermore - I think this discrepancy in pure sales between reputation and her previous projects can be safely attributed MOSTLY to the cold hard fact that almost NOBODY sells albums anymore. :clown: 

OT: She won :clap3:

Edited by TtaraHae

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

Unlike any other album of hers, this album has had a very minimal amount of promotion.  She usually has perfectly orchestrated eras that go on for almost two years, and this one was completely different.

On 19/3/2018 at 8:10 PM, KingKhalid said:

Quality > Quantity 

Ahhh so glad that Taylor not only released the fastest selling album of 2017 but also the best album of 2017! Quality AND quantity! :clap3:

1 hour ago, DELE2125 said:

Stay on topic, this thread isn't about me :)

The real question is will she double her first week sales when it's all said and done? I'm not really sure.

How is what you said on topic? We’re here to celebrate Taylor’s 2 million selling album( when it’s actually way more than that WW SPS), the most recent album since 25. Why are you here for basically? :)

OT: I’m happy for a legend! Unlike some losers here :clap3:

Edited by KeshaSwift

:clap3:

Who cares if it 'only' sold 800k since its first week? Most albums nowadays don't even reach that in their entire chart run.

Talent Winning :clap3:

Btw what is that insecure adele stan doing in this thread?

8 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

I'm sorry but her least selling album is actually Red at a little over 4.2 million

At least get the facts straight sis

:clap3:

Good for Taylor, but Adele sold 3.38 million FIRST WEEK though. :clap3:

Taylor :alexz:

Adele :alexz:(she looks like the sweetest person ever but some of her fans are annoying af :rip: I love her tho :heart2: )

17 minutes ago, MAXIMO said:

Good for Taylor, but Adele sold 3.38 million FIRST WEEK though. :clap3:

What does that have to do with this thread, ATRL user MAXIMO :clown:

51 minutes ago, Headlock said:

What does that have to do with this thread, ATRL user MAXIMO :clown:

Some people really keep trying it :ahh: I also just noticed this post:

10 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

No matter how hard her fans are trying to spin it and Choose to stay in denial, it's a big underperformance for her, .... Yes 2 million pure sales is amazing, but not for HER..You should compare her sales  to the last era ones to have a fair judgment on the situation.

Going from 6 million to 2 million copies is a clear sign of decline and dont act like if Adele next album sells 5 million you wouldnt be the first ones to point that it's amazing for the current market but a big underperformance for her standards... 

There's nothing to be "in denial" about since this album is nothing but a blockbuster success. On top of that, absolutely nobody is denying that it is a decline: anyone with a brain would tell you that any album that came after the juggernaut era/album of 1989 would've seen a decline. It's also extra laughable that you say that her sales for her album released in late 2017 should be compared to her album released in 2014 for a fair judgement when it's actually the EXACT opposite. You chose to say this despite the facts supporting this being repeatedly posted in the thread prior to your post. Therefore, let me bring back part of a post I just made to someone else a few hours before, I know it's redundant but I'm not about to type the same thing fifteen times:

Reputation was made available on every platform several weeks after its release, meaning people have less reason to spend coin to purchase the album when they could just stream the album for free. We are in the midst of the streaming era where albums in the top 10 move less than 3 thousand units in pure sales with the rest of their units coming from streaming. This was NOT the case in 2014, the year that 1989 was released, in which 1989 was never put on streaming platforms until June of last year when the era was long over. The sales climate favored pure sales more and people had more of a reason to purchase 1989 due to its absence on streaming platforms: obviously Reputation's album sales are not going to see the same run as 1989's. Every album fizzles out quickly in pure sales after their first few weeks and sees much of the meat of their album units coming from streaming in today's climate. As someone stated before, anyone who expected this era to replicate the success of 1989's pure sales is absolutely delusional - it's not Taylor's fault that people place ridiculous standards on her just so they can cry flop when it doesn't happen. The era is still a smash and has blown all of her competitors out of the water.

This is the first album since Adele's 25 to pass the pure sales mark of 2 million units in the United States. Adele's 25 was released nearly THREE years ago. Not ONE album released since then has passed this mark. Not ONE album in nearly 3 years. Why do you think that is? Is it because every artist is a giant flop, or is it because pure sales have declined? :clown:

"dont act like if Adele next album sells 5 million you wouldnt be the first ones to point that it's amazing for the current market but a big underperformance for her standards..." -- sorry, but who is "you" and who are the "ones"? I, for one, wouldn't do such a thing because I love and appreciate all female artists ESPECIALLY in the male-dominated chart landscape in the music industry of today. I love Adele and her music and would give props to her success and not run into a thread highlighting her amazing commercial achievements in the dead pure sales climate of 2018 yelling "UNDERPERFORMANCE FOR HER STANDARDS!!!!!!11" like you and a handful of others have done. I especially wouldn't do that because I'd objectively recognize that any artist moving more than 2 million pure sales units in the current climate of 2018 is an outstanding accomplishment, ESPECIALLY when it is done in just a 4 month time period, considering that only two artists have managed to accomplish such a feat in the last 3 years. That last point alone should clue you in on how big of an accomplishment this actually is. Basically: your post is transparent. You ran in here to post this to blatantly dismiss the outstanding commercial success that Taylor Swift has had with this album (so far!) and to push your narrative that she's underperforming!!!!!1!!11 and I think many people could guess why. :chick1:

OT: 2 million pure in 4 months in the US alone :clap3:IN 2018 :clap3:

Edited by TtaraHae

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.