H100: God's Plan 6x #1, Psycho #2, The Middle #11

Renan90

1 hour ago, Enoch said:

Did he really? Thats like more than 90% of the pop girls entire album sales/even discogs :jonny5:

Yea go back and look it was insane he would have occupied like the entire top 10 with his albums if it were able to chart 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Enoch

I don’t understand why people are upset about tour bundles. The Chainsmokers were the first that started the trend right? Then I remember Katy, Kesha, Shania, P!nk and now Bon Jovi. Can’t remember anymore. They’ve all also got #1 albums because of it,  and having my fave being a part of it I still believe she would’ve had a #1 album either way being #1 on iTunes and also top 5 on Billboard for a second week.

Fans buy tickets and have to pay the extra price for the album, and also redeem it. Since album sales are dead, it’s a good way for debuts and numbers to look better like SPS.

7 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

I don’t understand why people are upset about tour bundles. The Chainsmokers were the first that started the trend right? Then I remember Katy, Kesha, Shania, P!nk and now Bon Jovi. Can’t remember anymore. They’ve all also got #1 albums because of it,  and having my fave being a part of it I still believe she would’ve had a #1 album either way being #1 on iTunes and also top 5 on Billboard for a second week.

Fans buy tickets and have to pay the extra price for the album, and also redeem it. Since album sales are dead, it’s a good way for debuts and numbers to look better like SPS.

They don't, that's the problematic part. You, as a consumer, don't have the choice to buy just the ticket alone. There's only one price option. If you want the ticket, you get the album.

Of course almost everyone redeems the album, who wouldn't redeem an album that was given away to them for free, or was included anyways in the price of the ticket?

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Madonna did it back with MDNA. I think she was first.

1 minute ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

They don't, that's the problematic part. You, as a consumer, don't have the choice to buy just the ticket alone. There's only one price option. If you want the ticket, you get the album.

Of course almost everyone redeem the album, who wouldn't redeem an album that was given away to them for free, or was included anyways on the price of the ticket?

When I got Kesha’s album ticket I still had to redeem for a free album, twice! For both tickets. And we don’t know how, but obviously they’re making money from the ticket sales and some of that portion goes to the label for the CD. They aren’t going give a $10 less without CD option. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Of course almost everyone redeems the album, who wouldn't redeem an album that was given away to them for free, or was included anyways on the price of the ticket?

Lol. No. There's always been an option to not buy the album. Since when did it change? ?

Is Post Malone's team going to rig his streams to get that #1 again?

• ATRL Moderator

Omg I never heard God's Plan and thought it was like a week old. I'm getting old and out of touch :'(

1 hour ago, FutureHive said:

i wish despacito broke the record so i'd never have to hear about it again on this forum

shhdgdjhsahbdbd

AGREED.

4 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

When I got Kesha’s album ticket I still had to redeem for a free album, twice! For both tickets. And we don’t know how, but obviously they’re making money from the ticket sales and some of that portion goes to the label for the CD. They aren’t going give a $10 less without CD option. :rip: 

Yeah, but what I mean is that you get a code to redeem the album, whether you actually want the album or not. The BB 200, should count the popularity of albums, not how much albums labels gave away for free bundled with tickets.

4 minutes ago, NEUTRON said:

Lol. No. There's always been an option to not buy the album. Since when did it change? ?

There's an option to not redeem the album, but you always get the code to redeem the album for free. You  always get the code along with the ticket. There's no option to buy a ticket and not receive the code.

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

Super Early Predictions:

1. God's Plan (=) **7th week**

2. Finesse (+2) 

3. Perfect (=) 

4. Look Alive (+2) 

5. Havana (=) 

6. Meant To Be (+1)

7. The Middle (+4) 

8. All The Stars (+2) 

9. Pray For Me (=) 

10. Let You Down (+3) 

11. rockstar (-3)

12. Psycho (-10)

13. Top Off (NEW

14. Him & I (+1)

Didn’t prince do tour bundles first with musicology back in 2004?

i read that BB made album redemptions voluntary because of this

Edited by Enoch

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

It only counts as a sale if you redeem.

there hasn’t been s tour bundle that I have seen thst isn’t explicitly clear that the price you are paying  is for tickets and an album.

people make that choice to buy the bundle.

people need to stop thinking like they are entitled and have the right to buy just a ticket. If an artist wishes to bundle, that’s their call.  As a consumer it’s your call to buy it or not,

if if nobody buys bundles, then they Will stop the practice.

This is stupid. If I'm the biggest fan of Céline Dion, of course I'm gonna buy the ticket, no matter if it comes with an album, a DVD, the New York Times or her personal diary, IF I HAVE NO CHOICE.  Seeing an artist live it's not an everyday opportunity.

I'm not against ticket bundles, I'm against them counting for the Billboard 200, which supposedly measures the popularity of the ALBUM, not of the artist or the tour.  And again, if you already payed for the album, (because there was no other option available if you want to see your fave on tour), who wouldn't redeem the code?

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

17 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Super Early Predictions:

2. Finesse (+2) 

3. Perfect (=) 

4. Look Alive (+2) 

5. Havana (=) 

6. Meant To Be (+1)

7. The Middle (+4) 

8. All The Stars (+2) 

9. Pray For Me (=) 

10. Let You Down (+3) 

11. rockstar (-3)

12. Psycho (-10)

13. Top Off (NEW

14. Him & I (+1)

Bold predictions saying Post will drop out of the top 10 completely. 

20 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Super Early Predictions:

2. Finesse (+2) 

3. Perfect (=) 

4. Look Alive (+2) 

5. Havana (=) 

6. Meant To Be (+1)

7. The Middle (+4) 

8. All The Stars (+2) 

9. Pray For Me (=) 

10. Let You Down (+3) 

11. rockstar (-3)

12. Psycho (-10)

13. Top Off (NEW

14. Him & I (+1)

do you think that ''never be the same'' can go top 20 next week or it can have  another new peak at least?

#4 Finesse Remix (-1)
#11 The Middle (+2)

wow oh wow

42 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

12. Psycho (-10)

itsjustnotrealistic.gif

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

Bold predictions saying Post will drop out of the top 10 completely. 

I think itll fall somewhere between the #8-12 positions. Its out of the iTunes top 10 and doesnt have amazing YouTube views.

1 hour ago, sakisfan16 said:

do you think that ''never be the same'' can go top 20 next week or it can have  another new peak at least?

Yes, i think itll land between the #20-22 area.

Edited by ARTPØP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.