• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Enoch

I'm hoping that this happens with Kelly when she announces her tour, and gets the #1 that got robbed from her from Kenny ****ing Chesney.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Good for then then.

theyve managed to do it twice on the same album. That’s quite impressive.

Wish this anger existed when the ladies were racking up number one BB 200 S lbumd a few months ago off ticket bundles. But we all know the biases do double standards of ATRL.

Well nobody was really that angry when they did it for their debut week.

Doing it again 15 months later is just stupid. But I absolutely disagree with bundles counting in general

13 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

If a person doesn’t like it, they need not buy the concert ticket bundle and not go to the concert.

capitalism does work when the consumer exercises their choice.

Huh?

Going to a concert and buying an album are 2 extremely different things that have absolutely nothing in common. 

when your fave do tour bundles it's ok, but when others did, it's pathetic?

10 minutes ago, desdunate said:

when your fave do tour bundles it's ok, but when others did, it's pathetic?

I would absolutely hate it if Taylor did bundles

And again 15 months later is totally different

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Not my point.

as a concert ticket buyer, you have the choice of not buying the bundle if you disagree with the fact it means buying the album.

if people exercised such rights, then bundles would go away as they were hurting concert sales.

but consumers aren’t and are agreeing its worth buying the album by buying the bundle.

Aka if your NEED to see the concert outweighs your ethics and opposition to bundling, then there are bigger issues at stake than what debuts at number one on the BB200.

Buying just the concert ticket is generally not an option. And I would think that 90+% don't know or don't care that it counts for the BB200. They just take the free album on top of the concert ticket and I obviously don't blame anyone for that. 

I also get it from the artists perspective. They want that as many people as possible that go to their concert also know the new album. I just think it shouldn't count for the BB200.

And bigger issues? Really? This is a much bigger issue than the small Hot 100 details you constantly complain about.

Edited by simmnfierzig

Just now, ChartsFan said:

So you don’t go to the concert. Stand up for what you believe in. Willing make thst big sacrifice of not going to the concert, you’ll live.

and the issues I speak of is life issues of needs vs wants and ethics,

That would be a really stupid overreaction

And yeah great comparison. Fantastic 

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Again, it’s the double standard on ATRL thst makes me angry, I’ve yet to say if I personally like or dislike bundles. 

Again doing it 15 MONTHS later is totally different than doing it debut week. 

I dislike it debut week, but I absolutely hate hate hate doing it 15 months later

At least ppl still pay for it, I don’t see any problem there. It’s not like some pathetic discount desperately aiming a huge debut or no1.

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

What does it matter how long.

if ABBA were to do a world tour suddenly and bundle in super trouper. It’s really no different than a debut week.

In the debut week that album is at least really a bit popular. Maybe not the #1 most popular album of America that week, but at least somewhat popular.

This House Is Not For Sale is not a popular album this week. At all. 

19 minutes ago, Junlin said:

At least ppl still pay for it, I don’t see any problem there. It’s not like some pathetic discount desperately aiming a huge debut or no1.

If it were a "do you want to pay an extra $5 to get this album" option then I would agree with you

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Clearly 120k disagree with you,

no differently really than any sale. Which is not known if it was ever really listened to or not.

ive myself probably have a few hundred cds and vinyls I’ve never listened to from start to finish and certainly many more than took weeks or months before I listened to them.

but ehh younbuy s few a week, they do pile up.

Wtf :dies:

Why would you buy stuff and never listen to it :dies: Amazing

A ticket bundle redemption isn’t an album sale, so it shouldn’t be counted as one.

On the other hand, I’m fine with deals where you can buy the album for a discounted price if you buy a ticket, or the other way around. To my knowledge, though, such deals are not widely used.

It’s irritating to me how Billboard has allowed this to continue. They were so quick to nip chart manipulation in the bud last year when it had to do with label compilations. But there’s been no action taken on bundles whatsoever.

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

I would absolutely hate it if Taylor did bundles

And again 15 months later is totally different

You do well know that this is Bon Jovi, this is legacy act, so just be happy they still sell with tour bundles they are not like your fave that still sells album, tho your fave is underperforming now. Well i want to see tay to do tour bundles and throw your stan card on fire

Just now, desdunate said:

You do well know that this is Bon Jovi, this is legacy act, so just be happy they still sell with tour bundles they are not like your fave that still sells album, tho your fave is underperforming now. Well i want to see tay to do tour bundles and throw your stan card on fire

I would hate it, but not that much to do that :kitty:

33 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

The sale was made when you bought the bundle. You were buying a ticket and a CD,

This... 

And the fact is you have to make an effort to redeem it before it even counts as a sale. So those people wanted the album otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to download. You don't have to redeem the product if you don't want to. 

20 minutes ago, Shaner69 said:

This... 

And the fact is you have to make an effort to redeem it before it even counts as a sale. So those people wanted the album otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to download. You don't have to redeem the product if you don't want to. 

That is an extremely dubious assumption to make. You have to understand that most people aren’t purchasing these tickets with the express intention of obtaining the album. This is particularly true for legacy acts like Bon Jovi. The vast majority of people attending their upcoming tour didn’t buy their tickets so they could get their hands on the album; they bought their tickets so they could witness Bon Jovi perform live.

The redemptions are analogous to free samples at events you need to pay to get into. Let’s say you’re attending a state fair, and there’s a booth giving out bottles of soda. The bottles are free for anyone who paid to get into the fair. If you take a bottle, should that count as a sale? Of course not. You weren’t attending the fair just to get the soda, and you didn’t pay for the soda, but it’s a free bonus so you claim it anyway. 

The point here is that redemptions don’t even necessarily entail interest in the album. That’s why it’s so perplexing to see Billboard unflinchingly equate them with real sales.

16 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Co-signed.

It still pisses me completely off that that when Michael died he was clearly number 1 but none of it counted for him. They didn’t change the rules until after. He moved over 30 million albums when he died which is insane 

Y’all be upset over the dumbest **** I swear. :dies:

There’s way more serious **** going on in the world besides fuming over Bon Jovi getting bundle sales. Just congratulate him and move on. In 20 years when Taylor Swift is doing the same thing I wonder if you’ll still feel the same. It’s not that serious. It won’t affect your bank account so why tf do y’all care so much. Do y’all even know what outside looks like? I can’t come on this site one day and just see positive comments it’s always someone bitching over something the have no control. Get over it...

QueenofCopyPaste
59 minutes ago, dussymob said:

There’s way more serious **** going on in the world besides fuming over Bon Jovi getting bundle sales. Just congratulate him and move on. In 20 years when Taylor Swift is doing the same thing I wonder if you’ll still feel the same. It’s not that serious. It won’t affect your bank account so why tf do y’all care so much. Do y’all even know what outside looks like? I can’t come on this site one day and just see positive comments it’s always someone bitching over something the have no control. Get over it...

That's ATRL for ya :cm:

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

If you don't like this website, then just delete your account and get over it. :) 

We, as the proud ATRL users, don't need unhappy persons, believe me. 

There are lots of other pages that you might like, such as The Coli

I personally think that you'll be enjoying that forum more than ATRL, but it's just my guess at the end of the day. 

So yeah, that's how it is.

P.S.: I'm not offending you in any way, so please, don't report me. 

O.T.: I don't see any problem with tour bundles, sorry not sorry.

Edited by Pacaveli

19 minutes ago, Pacaveli said:

If you don't like this website, then just delete your account and get over it. :) 

We, as the proud ATRL users, don't need unhappy persons, believe me. 

There are lots of other pages that you might like, such as The Coli

I personally think that you'll be enjoying that forum more than ATRL, but it's just my guess at the end of the day. 

So yeah, that's how it is.

P.S.: I'm not offending you in any way, so please, don't report me. 

O.T.: I don't see any problem with tour bundles, sorry not sorry.

So you agree with me 

23 minutes ago, dussymob said:

So you agree with me 

Yeah, basically.

• ATRL Moderator

That song has been #1 for six weeks and I still haven’t heard it :rip: 

2 hours ago, dussymob said:

the irony 

And you were literally also complaining about this last week

The hypocriticalness. You just want attention. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.