Billboard Charts (February 11-17, 2018)

alexanderao

2 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Supplies was sent to rhythmic and urban ( :skull: ) radio. It's a single

-

Little Flannels trying to normalize this predicament as if they wouldn't have broken out in hysterical laughter if someone predicted 6 weeks ago that Timberlake's Superbowl supported comeback album would start off with 2 global flops, get unanimously panned, open with less than 300k with streaming and only somewhat cling to life thanks to a track sung 80% by Chris Stapleton. :toofunny3:

DVx-MmAVMAAlrA9.jpg

not according to this :confused:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• FutureHive

8 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

How are we able to tell ‘singles’ from ‘promo songs’ if they both get the same treatment? 

Because Billboard confirmed it and MOTW was never sent to radio

4 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Supplies was sent to rhythmic and urban ( :skull: ) radio. It's a single

-

Little Flannels trying to normalize these numbers as if they wouldn't have broken out in hysterical laughter if someone predicted 6 weeks ago that Timberlake's Superbowl supported comeback album would start off with 2 global flops, get unanimously panned, open with less than 300k with streaming and only somewhat cling to life thanks to a track sung 80% by Chris Stapleton. :toofunny3:

.DVx-MmAVMAAlrA9.jpg

You should be worrying about a certain someone hopefully seeing 1/16th of these numbers. Say Something has already gone Top 10 in various countries like Hungary and Switzerland along with Canada and US. Say Something and Filthy had mostly good reviews, only Supplies got panned. The backlash is all bandwagon hate that started with the SB announcement. Billboard also confirmed that JT was responsible for Chris's rise. Anymore questions? Also I apologize @Lophorina

Edited by TattooedDreams

4 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

Okay, so basically if a single flops/underperforms then it goes from being an official single to a promo song? DT4RZBXVoAEBAvz.jpgDT4RZBUVMAA7oIR.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lophorina said:

not according to this :confused:

8 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

You should be worrying about a certain someone hopefully seeing 1/16th of these numbers. Say Something has already gone Top 10 in various countries like Hungary and Switzerland along with Canada and US. Say Something and Filthy had mostly good reviews, only Supplies got panned. The backlash is all bandwagon hate that started with the SB announcement. Billboard also confirmed that JT was responsible for Chris's rise. Anymore questions? Also I apologize @Lophorina

Supplies has been sent to various radio formats and was on plenty big streaming playlists upon release. It also has a video and a high profile promotional performance. It's a single. This is kinda giving me Ready For It teas. A simpler time. EDIT : @Ari29 flying by with the receipts!

As for Filthy getting "good" reviews and SS going top 10 in Hungary, I'm gonna spare you. I'm lowkey rooting for it to become Chris Stapleton's ticket to worldwide notoriety, after his raw talent led to his meteoric rise in the US. It's currently sliding down the Spotify and AM charts, but we'll see girls. I may or may not open a passive aggressive thread if it flatlines, depending on the mood

2 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Okay, so basically if a single flops/underperforms then it goes from being an official single to a promo song? DT4RZBXVoAEBAvz.jpgDT4RZBUVMAA7oIR.jpg

Sis iTunes calls everything "New single" when a new instant grat track is released it says that. So Gorgeous by Taylor is a single and Call It What You Want?! No. They were obviously testing the waters some but Say Something is the official second single. 

1 minute ago, Truth Teller said:

Supplies has been sent to various radio formats and was on plenty big streaming playlists upon release. It also has a video and a high profile promotional performance. It's a single. This is kinda giving me Ready For It teas. A simpler time.

As for Filthy getting good reviews and SS going top 10 in Hungary, I'm gonna spare you. I'm lowkey rooting for it to become Chris Stapleton's ticket to worldwide notoriety, after his raw talent led to his meteoric rise in the US. It's currently sliding down the Spotify and Apple Music charts, but we'll see girls. I may or may not open a passive aggressive thread if it flatlines, depending on the mood

I think this will be a big hit for both of them and further Chris even more. 

Edited by TattooedDreams

Just now, TattooedDreams said:

Sis iTunes called everything "New single" when a new instant grat track is released it says that. So Gorgeous by Taylor is a single and Call It What You Want?! No. They were obviously testing the waters some but Say Something is the official second single. 

That’s pretty much the same thing I just said...?

It was released with promo, had radio impact dates, a video and it underperformed so it was no longer in the running to be an ‘official’ single. But it was still a single just a flop single.

JT with the self-sabotage

Edited by FutureHive

10 minutes ago, Green said:

Is the Hot 100 top 10 coming today? 

QueenofCopyPaste

Bebe #9 :eek:

4 entries 

Supplies :rip:

Say Something not falling so hard :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

God's Plan #1 on Digital Songs with 55,000

:rip:

kiii bye sales

OT: another top 10 for Abel :heart2: 

4 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

2nd sub-60k 2006+ i believe. after a 54k last year for thunder

5 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

Good God! That's only 1k above the lowest seller from 2017, and we're barely in February :biblio::biblio::biblio:

Sales in November are going to be CATASTROPHIC.

"Filthy" up 51-34 w/chart's top streaming gain

But I thought the Super Bowl could make any song go top 5 easily?

tumblr_oyd1cqr5WD1skb3nho2_400.gif

Edited by slobro