• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• dussymob

• FutureHive

Didn't realize that 55k is that unusually low. Doesn't look unusually low to me at this point

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Didn't realize that 55k is that unusually low. Doesn't look unusually low to me at this point

Considering just 4 weeks ago "Perfect" was selling 100k+ and that this number #1 is as low as 2006's sales, yes, it's pretty darn bad.

I’m with simm here. Don’t really see the point of going crazy over the sales figure. In fact, there aren’t many reasons to talk about any sales figures anymore. Just let it go...

OT: Stir Fry and God’s Plan :alexz:

35 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

God's Plan #1 on Digital Songs with 55,000

:rip:

109m audience. couldnt sell more than 55k singles. sad. 

3 hours ago, Hidden said:

They don’t need to “buy” songs, but stream them. Justin’s SPS numbers aren’t impressive either which shows ppl didn’t really care about him even after the super bowl.

Why stream old ass songs that they probably bought ten years ago? :huh:

11 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

5 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

I’m with simm here. Don’t really see the point of going crazy over the sales figure. In fact, there aren’t many reasons to talk about any sales figures anymore. Just let it go...

Co-signed

21 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Well, as long as It remains a component of the Hot100 it is worth discussing :michael: Also, it is always noteworthy to compare sales' level to different periods of times, like in this case, the contrast the digital sales of 2018 with those of 2006.

Bebe Top 10? :jonny5: 

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

Facts. 

Very Early Predictions

1. God's Plan (=) 

2. Perfect (=) 

3. Finesse (=) 

4. Havana (=) 

5. Meant To Be (+4) 

6. rockstar (-1) 

7. Stir Fry (+1) 

8. New Rules (-2) 

9. Pray For Me (-2) 

10. Let You Down (+2) 

Meant to BeBe is being dually promoted to pop and country radio, as it lifts 17-13 on Pop Songs, 16-14 on Adult Pop Songs and 22-20 on Country Airplay.

This could go really high on airplay since is climbing on Pop, Adult Pop  and Country at the same time :eek: 

Usually "country" songs crossover to Pop after they peaked on Country radio, like Sam Hunt last year.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Sales will come back in some form someday. People will wake up and realize they are spending all this money to stream stuff and don’t actually have anything to show for it.

gotta have yer own stuff after the EMP goes off :)

people thought radio was dead dead many times, and it’s still the most consumed  method of soncumption for the charts.  So while sales impact on the charts are at a low point, I’m unconvinced the long term future is the demise of sales.  People like to own stuff.

... If an EMP goes off there will be no way to listen to music anywhere :rip:  

Just now, ChartsFan said:

Sales will come back in some form someday. People will wake up and realize they are spending all this money to stream stuff and don’t actually have anything to show for it.

gotta have yer own stuff after the EMP goes off :)

people thought radio was dead dead many times, and it’s still the most consumed  method of soncumption for the charts.  So while sales impact on the charts are at a low point, I’m unconvinced the long term future is the demise of sales.  People like to own stuff.

I think you are overestimating the value of ownership. You pay $10/mo for everything. If you purchased a song and lost that song for any reason before you were just stuck like chuck and had to download it all over again. 

4 hours ago, Ari29 said:

That’s pretty much the same thing I just said...?

It was released with promo, had radio impact dates, a video and it underperformed so it was no longer in the running to be an ‘official’ single. But it was still a single just a flop single.

Basically. I don't know why people are trying to pretend Supplies wasn't a single. 

6 hours ago, cheeto$ said:

230K for a new artist in 2018(!) is amazing

242k for an established *album selling* artist is tragic. 

Are u comparing a SPS number with a pure number??

Bebe :clap3:  

Hopefully top 5 next week!  And hopefully Nate goes top 10!

Digital data in the early 1900s? :skull: Rectal examinations were considered cutting edge digital technology in those days.

1 hour ago, Cz! said:

Digital data in the early 1900s? :skull: Rectal examinations were considered cutting edge digital technology in those days.

You don't have to be so... anal about it :eli: 

12 minutes ago, Remixed said:

I'm surprised JT has zero songs in the top 10 following the SB. :celestial6:

0 Songs at the top 10, but 4 songs at the top 100 +1 at Bulbing under