• umich

3 minutes ago, SupahBass05 said:

The way people still cling to physical sales in 2018 :rip: 

The excuses :rip:

So proud of Demi for sticking around for so long :clap3:

This is her best charting album so far 

4 hours ago, iHype. said:

Neither of those drops are crazy. 

60-70% is a decent drop in SPS hence her still being Top 5.

Nobody buys albums except for fans in 2018, so literally every album stops selling after 2 weeks.

This, you literally have Taylor Swift and Eminem barely scraping 10k a week only 2 months after release

honestly i just ignore anyone who still thinks physical sales are more important than streams at 2018 eventually they will just fizzle out, sales will never go up again so people need to get over themselves

4 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Must be, if you’re trying to go in depth over a unserious/playful comment :michael: The Camila shade in here must’ve triggered you a bit.

3 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Yet, three hit-dogs have hollered, so far, despite there being no mention of Camila in my initial post.

200.gif

See that, FAN? You’re a nobody.

I used his/her comment about Camila as potential justification for why he/she was so bothered by my innocent remark regarding Zendaya being this year’s IT girl; and then you and @Fentydelspears following responses were only further proof that her fans are indeed feeling some kinda way by the idea of their fave not being that girl. Now that we’ve established you’re all bothered, where do we go from here?

tumblr_omgj9kiIKn1vpp6avo1_400.gif

:fan:

When did I say he was addressing me? I clearly stated that the shade in here (from multiple members) could potentially be what led him to feeling some kind of way about my post in the first place. If not him, that other Camila stan that responded surely did. Make money withdrawals to fund an education for better comprehension skills before spending it on an album, sis. Let’s start there.

59bf629bbfedcf9ec429baf9eaa7238b5a90f60d

The obsession :deadbanana: 

You mentioned that Zendaya is the new IT girl of 2018. I pointed out she's barely in the movie, only has colead on one song and its not even doing well. But I guess when you have nothing to back up your statements you go for the easy "let me try and come for your fave" trick! 

5 hours ago, chiliam said:

Taylor`s album is already selling 2x the next best selling album in 2017 pure sale (Divide is at 1m, rep is at 2m).

Yeah its tragic for today climax, for her standard, but all thing consider its doing decent.

"Divide" is at 1.2M pure sales and "Reputation" is at 1.95M. that's not the double. Unless "Reputation" has already sold 2.4M pure copies and no one has noticed :huh:

3 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"Divide" is at 1.2M pure sales and "Reputation" is at 1.95M. that's not the double. Unless "Reputation" has already sold 2.4M pure copies and no one has noticed :huh:

Always knowing my fave stats better than i am. :ace:

13 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Always knowing my fave stats better than i am. :ace:

You better keep up.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Florges said:

This, you literally have Taylor Swift and Eminem barely scraping 10k a week only 2 months after release

That's because they have already sold a lot (for today's climate), and the fact that Camila with a current #1 hit, huge Spotify exposure and a just released album is doing pretty much the same numbers as Revival and Reputation in its second week is actually really disappointing.

7 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Explain your reasoning. Bear in mind that streaming generates more revenue than sales, and also that streaming matters more on the Billboard 200 than sales (that is, more units are coming from SEA than sales).

Artists get more revenue from purchasing an album than streaming it. Just because streams is how most music is consumed at the moment doesn’t take away the significance of actual sales, it actually makes them more significant. The streaming argument is only used when an artist doesn’t have enough GP appeal for them to invest their money on them. 

8 hours ago, FAN said:

The obsession :deadbanana: 

You mentioned that Zendaya is the new IT girl of 2018. I pointed out she's barely in the movie, only has colead on one song and its not even doing well. But I guess when you have nothing to back up your statements you go for the easy "let me try and come for your fave" trick! 

What I stated in my second reply to you, about you going in depth over something unserious, that should’ve been your cue to think twice about replying again. I said what I said, and that’s that.

tumblr_n9qvciCoqW1tip9qfo1_250.gif

40k second week is a decent result. The pressed can try discrediting it as much as they want - the girl still got to #1 and could stay top 3 this week. 

Sure the pure sales number isn't impressive at all, but as many of y'all say with your own faves, it's the streaming era after all ... or does this only apply when your faves barely scrap 2k on their fourth week? That's a bit hypocrital.

41 minutes ago, Hustler said:

40k second week is a decent result. The pressed can try discrediting it as much as they want - the girl still got to #1 and could stay top 3 this week. 

Sure the pure sales number isn't impressive at all, but as many of y'all say with your own faves, it's the streaming era after all ... or does this only apply when your faves barely scrap 2k on their fourth week? That's a bit hypocrital.

:cm:

Pure Sales

13  SAM SMITH
THE THRILL OF IT ALL
 CAPITOL  13,574  42%

dLGGQ4S.jpg

At this point, HDD’s predictions are just to build hype :rip: 

The Greatest Showman increasing in its 7th week with 112k. Pretty sure it just scanned Gold :clap3: 

Camila still top 10 in sales :clap3: 

#4 second week :clap3: 

Looks like it’ll be a while before it drops off

hopefully it charts for a year if SLC becomes a hit

Edited by Florges

Damn Fall Out Boy :jonny: No hype, no hit, no radio, no streaming ... They did excellent. They have an extremely loyal fanbase that'll buy their albums and see them on tour, most acts don't have that!

Fffffffff! Fall Out Boy pulling THRU with that PUNCH :jonny5:

"Reputation" almost out of the top 10 :deadbanana2:

"Evolve" serving crazy longevity and consistency :clap3:

I wonder how Migos will do this week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.