"Perfect" now credited as a solo Ed Sheeran single

Siren

2 hours ago, KingB® said:

They really used the time of their days to actually EMAIL BILLBOARD. The dedication - and people still think all pop girls get equal hate. The OBHs are really something else.

The effort paid off - Kudos! :clap3: 

The dedication. I can’t wait for B7 and The Lion King ST. I hope they are resting up:gaycat2:

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Destiny

• FAN

• GiselleBeyince

10 hours ago, Timber said:

Aw, I wanted it to get 6. Check On It already has 5. -_-

Hope the song starts flopping now. :cm:

well.. no need for that Perfect Duet had been flopping after debut week. :biggrin:

If I were I stan, I'd like her last #1 to be Single Ladies instead of a feature in an Ed Sheeran remix, that got discredited as multi-week chart topper amidst its run

liberalmusiclover

This thread :ahh: 

9 hours ago, KingB® said:

I think there are two problems:

1. The remix pushed the song to #1.

2. In some weeks (look at simmn’s predictions for its second week) Perfect’s chart points were THAT close to Rockstar’s, that it’s safe to say that it wouldn’t have gotten the top spot if it wasn’t for the remix’s additional points. 

Anyways, she got the #1, five weeks at that. But hit the keyboards if you like :fan: 

This is actually a really good point that I hadn't considered, and would be a legitimate reason for her to keep her credit on weeks where the duet was less than half of Perfect's total points. But it also raises other issues, such as why Andrea Bocelli wasn't given credit as well when the symphony version was released. (This is under the assumption that his version also gave the song the push it needed to keep the top spot in a tight race.) This whole thing is such a bad look for Billboard (not Beyoncé as some in here are implying). They should really clarify what their stance and rules on these situations is.

11 minutes ago, E r o s said:

This is actually a really good point that I hadn't considered, and would be legitimate reason for her to keep her credit on weeks where the duet was less than half of Perfect's total points. But it also raises other issues, such as why Andrea Bocelli wasn't given credit as well when the symphony version was released. (This is under the assumption that his version also gave the song the push it needed to keep the top spot in a tight race.) This whole thing is such a bad look for Billboard (not Beyoncé as some in here are implying). They should really clarify what their stance and rules on these situations is.

Facts. This reflects on BB and their methodology - not the artist who benefits from it. Could have been anyone tbh. Bocelli should be credited (think ***Flawless - "feat. Nicki Minaj OR Adiche") and Beyonce simply lucked out on BB's inconsistent rules

That's the way it should be! :clap3:

The anger in here over the remix and the credit is a bit too much. It really is not that serious. 

10 hours ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Well, we need more emails so they remove her credit from the UNDESERVED weeks at #1.

TRUE!

Well bey was credit for 5 weeks. End of discussion 

17 hours ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

The meltdowns in here :rip: Nobody is denying That Bey deserved to be credited for the debut week, It's the other 4 weeks people are pointing out and Billboard even confirmed that for multiple weeks the Duet hasn't contributed a majority of the points to perfect and the original is the driving force. Billboard is clearly inconsistent with their own rules.

Have you not read the thread? Most people are saying they should revoke her credit all together.

10 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Yes, I know but him leaving didn't have THAT big of an impact did it? I mean negatively? I could see if he had some record exec level power that he could sabotage her with (see Mottola and Mariah in the early 00s) but he only had a bit of power so long as he was managing her.

Nah, it has to be something else.

Mathew was cutting checks to the radio stations. 

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Mathew was cutting checks to the radio stations. 

On account of Columbia obviously. That's par for the course for everyone tho.

9 hours ago, Cryptique said:

well.. no need for that Perfect Duet had been flopping after debut week. :biggrin:

It's #3 worldwide still. :skull: Sorry to burst that bubble.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

It's #3 worldwide still. :skull: Sorry to burst that bubble.

In WW itunes ?? yes, where number1 in Bolivia is weighed same as number1 in US.. but still GOOD :clap3:

So the #1 doesnt count for BeeBee. Thats great:clap3:

On 1/16/2018 at 0:16 AM, Armani? said:

That was on Spotify and that's not how it works :rip:  Dozens of christmas songs took over the chart for one day

Also it didn't fall out top 20 or 10 on Itunes after the 1st week.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about about.

It left the T100, as you have confirmed twice now. You mentioned "WW iTunes and on demand streams," so why you're trying to bring up iTunes now... it's still no longer her #1. "WW iTunes" or not.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

Y'all care about this more than Beyonce herself. And she is the one actually making money off this, not you guys. :deadbanana:

No wonder she is winning and y'all are losing. Go focus your energy elsewhere.

Edited by Comedor

34 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Y'all care about this more than Beyonce herself. And she is the one actually making money off this, not you guys. :deadbanana:

No wonder she is winning and y'all are losing. Go focus your energy elsewhere.

People here are just pointing out that Bey's name should be removed from Ed's song where she hasn't contributed in sales at all. Also, Bey fans can stop all the bragging rights for the "#1" :fan:

2 minutes ago, bntneyspears said:

People here are just pointing out that Bey's name should be removed from Ed's song where she hasn't contributed in sales at all. Also, Bey fans can stop all the bragging rights for the "#1" :fan:

I swear i’ve seen less people brag about the #1, than people being pressed about it. She got it either way, whether its just for the first week or all five. She got it honey

1 minute ago, KingB® said:

I swear i’ve seen less people brag about the #1, than people being pressed about it. She got it either way, whether its just for the first week or all five. She got it honey

Because they know themselves that the Feature is unnecessary. But yeah Bey got what she wanted. :1stplace:

4 minutes ago, bntneyspears said:

Because they know themselves that the Feature is unnecessary. But yeah Bey got what she wanted. :1stplace:

She recorded that Duet in May. She didn’t expect anything. It was Ed’s plan to do the duet. It worked - he got the top spot in many markets like the US, Germany, NL, France, Sweden, UK etc. 

Also it’s still doing good ww. Y’all should start worrying about more important things in life, hunties :fan: 

Edited by KingB®

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.