"Perfect" now credited as a solo Ed Sheeran single

Siren

Just now, popboi__ said:

BUT the Duet didn't have enough sales or streams to top the HOT100 without AI.

Just now, FAN said:

But you're missing the point. Beyonces version with streaming + iTunes didn't have enough points to top the Hot 100. She needs the sales/streaming/airplay from the original to get there. That's all I'm saying 

Perfect would have never went #1 without the release of the remix

It contributed enough points to be credited.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Destiny

• FAN

• GiselleBeyince

Just now, FAN said:

Appears as this you didn't read my original post! Take a second before you @ me next time! 

It appears you don’t understand that the duet Topped the Hot 100, deal. :fan:

Just now, FAN said:

Thank you. :deadbanana: 

d

that isn’t what YOU said, though. And the nerve of you to be so rude about it. Girl... :rip: 

2 minutes ago, popboi__ said:

BUT the Duet didn't have enough sales or streams to top the HOT100 without AI.

Perfect was never going to Top the Hot 100 without the debut. Why you think Ed released it when it did cupcake? :fan:

It was behind Rockstar and Havana in points 

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

And Beyoncé wouldn't have had her multi week #1 without the Symphony remix which is now outselling it, but that wasn't the point. 

"Perfect Duet has been dead for 4 weeks already"

"Thank God, finally."

"No one cares about the remix anymore anyway"

-> me looking at Itunes WW and Spotify WW

Itunes WW: #3 (gaining in positions) -> only female being higher is Camilla with Havana

Spotify WW: #15 (gaining in positions) -> Females that are charting higher atm: Camilla who released her debut album and Selena with Wolves

This ALL while the original is STILL slaying the charts worldwide, without the remix having a video, without it having ANY FORM of promo. Bey never even acknowledged its existence for GOD'S sake :rip: 

Conclusion: Some of y'all are really pathetic and TRYING it :deadbanana: It's super embarrassing :rip: 

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

Just now, Armani? said:

so the Duet used the original's AI to reach #1.

It just doesn't make sense...Remixes are nonsense.The only time the ft. artist should be credited is when the remix has enough points alone and not sharing the AI of the original where the ft. artists is nowhere to be found.

3 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

d

that isn’t what YOU said, though. And the nerve of you to be so rude about it. Girl... :rip: 

"Her version alone didn't have enough points to go #1". 

Yes, with the two (and then three) versions combined it went and stayed at #1, I'm aware.

2 minutes ago, FAN said:

And Beyoncé wouldn't have had her multi week #1 without the Symphony remix which is now outselling it, but that wasn't the point. 

Streams have more weight, where the Symphony version is nonexistent in the top 200 on Apple & Spotify so your point isn't strong :)

I’ve said it in the billboard thread. I haven’t heard this yet because I don’t like the song but the radio stations in dallas always played and play the solo version. 

Just now, FAN said:

Yes, with the two (and then three) versions combined it went and stayed at #1, I'm aware.

And neither did Ed Sheeran's, so what is your point?

She was credited, as she should have been. 

8 minutes ago, FAN said:

Just like Ed’s solo version didn’t have enough points to go #1 - ALONE. 

In its second week the chart points of Rockstar and Perfect (combined) were THAT close, that experts (like simmnfierzig) predicted Rockstar to go back to #1. It’s safe to say that ed’s solo version wouldn’t have gotten that #1 in the second week either. 

Edited by KingB®

She should retroactively lose credit for the song on the charts. Period. Billboard let her cheat and they got called out for it. Billboard is pointless if they don't apply rules exactly the same way to everyone. Ed should stop volunteering to drag washed up flops up the charts when they can't do it themselves. 

1 minute ago, KingB® said:

Just like Ed’s solo version didn’t have enough points to go #1 - ALONE. 

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

And neither did Ed Sheeran's, so what is your point?

She was credited, as she should have been. 

Take it away from Ed too then :deadbanana:

5 minutes ago, RoryBaby said:

She should retroactively lose credit for the song on the charts. Period. Billboard let her cheat and they got called out for it. Billboard is pointless if they don't apply rules exactly the same way to everyone. Ed should stop volunteering to drag washed up flops up the charts when they can't do it themselves. 

Some of you are plain MAD. It’s so entertaining omg.  :ahh: 

Y’all can argue about the other weeks but it outstreamed and outsold the original in its first week. she got that #1 - PERIOD. 

The song got no promo, while the original was performed, discounted and got a video. Remixes of already very successful songs usually come and go. Perfect Duet is still sitting at #3 on iTunes ww and Top 15 on Spotify ww. It’s fun to see you guys fuming though - keep going. 

13 minutes ago, PULSE. said:

At the end of the day Beyoncé got another #1 which stayed for 5 weeks. Who won you or Bey? :lmao: 

tumblr_mqf8aqCmSM1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Even BB shaded that. -.-

Its so weird thats this remix is not a big deal.

I mean its Beyonce. It should have staying power like Finesse, Bad Blood, Despacito... not drop like this

6 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Its so weird thats this remix is not a big deal.

I mean its Beyonce. It should have staying power like Finesse, Bad Blood, Despacito... not drop like this

This..It's really confusing :emofish:

1 minute ago, PULSE. said:

5 week #1 - stay mad cupcake. 

tumblr_mqf8aqCmSM1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

"After multiple weeks of the duet no longer contributing the bulk of its sales (or streams or airplay), only Sheeran is now credited"

I mean...yeah.BB finally realizing the mistake.They would remove her altogether but then they would seem like fools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.