HDD: #1 Camila 109K; Showman 105K

iHype.

7 hours ago, calm_down said:

kesha’s rainbow with over 100k (with discount) and yet she still a C lister. :toofunny3: Hope Camila can outsold at least kesha in UK though. Rainbow first week 9,700 copies and charted only three weeks as per wiki. I strongly believe Camila can made it. :blush:

Anyway, good number for Camila. 

RCA discounted Rainbow 3 weeks after its original release. And yes, I'm sure she'll outsell her in the UK, it's low-key her biggest market.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukey

• Bentley

• rac7d

• Harranger

14 minutes ago, bearman said:

RCA discounted Rainbow 3 weeks after its original release. And yes, I'm sure she'll outsell her in the UK, it's low-key her biggest market.

Get those sales I guess

Yikes but congrats to her. Low physical numbers for a debut with a huge hit but decent as her peers are doing the same or below.

Not sure if January release excuse cancels out huge WW hit. They were waiting to release this WITH PROMO. It's not some surprise drop.

I think this was expected but the overhype caused some people here to expect more.

She deserves the #1 btw.

Great numbers in this climate.

Camila is not a new face wtf

She had a Top 20 hit with Shawn Mendes and a #4 hit with Bad Things. She’s also collaborated with Pitbull & J. Balvin and Major Lazer 

53 minutes ago, Kedzie53 said:

Camila is not a new face wtf

She had a Top 20 hit with Shawn Mendes and a #4 hit with Bad Things. She’s also collaborated with Pitbull & J. Balvin and Major Lazer 

IKWYDLS was more local and the top 20 position was more bc of Shawn. Even without Camila the song would become a hit bc he's more known than her.

She was just a hook girl on Bad Things, do you really think people would care enough to go out and buy her album just because of that? :deadbanana2: the Major Lazer collab flopped in US. Hey Ma was ok-ish but a flop considering it's a J Balvin song from the Fast and Furious franchise. 

So basically all that stuff was more like an introduction. She just went all out with CITC and had her big break with Havana. When Havana smashed, then people started to talk about her, for real.

-

Also, mess people comparing 5H with DC or NSYNC :rip:

5H only had 2 hits and a couple of moderate ones. They were never album sellers, just had a cute lil fanbase and that's it. If the group was the female One Direction, with 500k debut sales, stadium tours etc, then y'all could drag C's numbers for being low. But she's actually doing more than any album from them, in a worse sales climate, in JANUARY :rip:

7 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Get her sis. 

Especially if we're comparing DEBUT albums. Kesha is almost 10 years into her career and is pulling 120k opening weeks. If we wanted to be real and compare this debut to Animal, well, god bless them :rip: 

This make no sense, Animal came out when the sales climate wasn’t as bad as it is now, you can’t just compare everyones debut because it was their debut, by that same logic you would compare Baby One More Time to Animal :rip:

Also i’m not coming for Kesha, i love her, but the point is no artists should be compared to Camila right now other than actually recently established pop girls that have recently released a debut, like maybe Dua & Zara.

1 hour ago, Metanoia said:

What if it just misses #1. Who's going to find out?

I will not suffer a demi lovato xxxxl sized mess

The HDD dramatics. What release is this actually "fighting" ? 

Just now, EarStyle said:

The HDD dramatics. What release is this actually "fighting" ? 

The Greatest Showman did 101k last week and like 105k the week before. It’s outselling her on iTunes too

46 minutes ago, RudeBoyy said:

The Greatest Showman did 101k last week and like 105k the week before. It’s outselling her on iTunes too

Wasn't it bolstered by the Golden Globes last week, though? 

These are GREAT numbers for January!!!

But let's lay off the ex-acts comparisons. Demi, Selena, Ariana are in their own respective lanes. When Camila gets up to slaying 4/5/6 albums in, we'll talk about that then. 

2 hours ago, RudeBoyy said:

Eh I'm sure HDD is doing the dramatics as always. She'll be #1. Golden Globes hype is over and Itunes is just one thing. She is a young girl that appeals to a very young base with a bunch of child stans that stream all day and night. She'll be fine. 

Nevermind all this Cranberries will go #1 this week. Nothing to see here Camila stans.